VN Ren'Py Onhold Soles of Lakeview [Prologue] [Soniram]

May 29, 2022
Thanks. I really want to make this one special. I want this one good.
Then I'd suggest, adding more music in the game? Honestly just me but I felt like music and sound effects were quite lacking, but I know this is a field where a lot of devs struggle with when it comes to finding good, free, and non-copyright music.

Some overused examples include Kevin Macleod's music. There's also Bensound, Audio Library, or maybe searching up "free no copyright music" on YouTube. By the way, don't do the last one, as sometimes the songs are secretly already copyright-protected.

An alternative is to make your own music. I suck at piano but I know how to make my own songs, but I'm too lazy to do that so the internet is my favorite place to find some. You can also commission or purchase music.

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
The music is something I tend to work on through the entire length of the project. I've written music in the past, though it's really not that great. IMHO, music can push a VN from 'good' to 'great' status. I've got a lot of music selected in my library I am planning on using at some point... whether in this project or another. I listen to it at work, while driving... picking out parts and pieces that I want to use. In this vein, I am extremely picky.

Rest assured, there will be music. I just haven't found the right song yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zred.

Ilikefeet324

Sep 30, 2020
Not sure if this is even still being actively developed, but i am very interested in seeing more. I enjoyed the small little preview we got!

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Not sure if this is even still being actively developed, but i am very interested in seeing more. I enjoyed the small little preview we got!
It is. I'm currently working on my main project (see signature) and learning much more about imaging, shading, overlays, and a bunch of other stuff. The story is going to get a little rework too, and it will be a while before I really sink my teeth into it, but this will be developed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lala142003

Ilikefeet324

Sep 30, 2020
It is. I'm currently working on my main project (see signature) and learning much more about imaging, shading, overlays, and a bunch of other stuff. The story is going to get a little rework too, and it will be a while before I really sink my teeth into it, but this will be developed.
Ah thats good to know, ill be eagerly awaiting then. ill check out your other game too, thanks for reply

Reactions: Soniram