[Solved] daz studio soad soap/wet skin genitalia problem

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
hi

i have this problem when im using or on my genesis 3 female character it doesnt apply on the characters new genitalia for victoria 7. does anyone know what to do?

Namnlös.png

Reactions: DonDimonGames

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
NGV7 (and NGV8) "steals" textures from other parts of the figure, which can cause problems if it happens that the area to be "stolen from" isn't what's expected. For a scene like this, you'd probably be better off using the Daz genitalia, since it uses a structure that's more likely to be compatible with other add-ons.

Reactions: tobias

Phoenixfarts

Jun 2, 2017
Hi. I've only just started using Daz this week and I haven't gotten around to using skin doctor so I'm not too sure if my advice would help, but I ran into a similar problem using the the new victoria 7 genitals and trying to get it to match the skin color on my Genesis 3 characters.

What I did was change the shaders for all 4 parts of the genitals from AoA_Subsurface to whichever one I was using for my character. The shader I use is Iray Uber, so I changed it to that one.

Again, I don't know if this will help, but I'll probably be playing with Skin Doctor later so I'll try to troubleshoot it then.

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
Hi. I've only just started using Daz this week and I haven't gotten around to using skin doctor so I'm not too sure if my advice would help, but I ran into a similar problem using the the new victoria 7 genitals and trying to get it to match the skin color on my Genesis 3 characters.

What I did was change the shaders for all 4 parts of the genitals from AoA_Subsurface to whichever one I was using for my character. The shader I use is Iray Uber, so I changed it to that one.

Again, I don't know if this will help, but I'll probably be playing with Skin Doctor later so I'll try to troubleshoot it then.
thanks for the tip, i did some researching and seems like this is the only way to get it to work.

Phoenixfarts

Jun 2, 2017
To get the skin tone to match after, you can either try applying the material/skin shaders or whatever you used from the content library to the whole thing again. If that doesn't work, you can copy the torso surface in the surface tab and apply it to the genitals.

Reactions: DonDimonGames

karagan91

Jan 30, 2018
Just want to add something. If you use "Female Genitalia" instead of NGV7 or NGV8, you need to use "Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements": . From the UV map readme file:
1. Load the Genitalia onto Genesis 3 Female.

2. Apply the same Shader as the Torso Surface for G3F onto the
Genitalia. Usually this will be the AoA_Subsurface Shader which
can be found in the DAZ folders at Shaders > Age of Armour >
Subsurface.

3. Copy the Torso surface for G3F by right-clicking it in the
Surfaces tab and then paste it onto the Genitalia surface.

4. Change the UV Set for the Genitalia to "Base Female Torso UVs".