Flash [SOLVED] Flash games force reboot my computer.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
To preface this, I'm on a desktop running Windows 10. My specs are MORE than good enough to run VR games, so I have no idea why it would reboot for flash of all things.

I don't understand why this happens, but flash force reboots my computer. After playing for a certain amount of time, my computer seems to crash and reboot with no input from me whatsoever, and doesn't give me a single reason as to what might cause it.

Web based flash games do it insanely quick, within a minute or so (but that's not really the issue considering web based flash is disabled now), and computer based flash games (used with a downloaded .swf player) last longer, usually 30 minutes to an hour. I've found only one that doesn't crash on me, but it's a much older flash game.

I can't really glean much information from this, so I'm actually getting aggravated over this. My best guess would be a conflict between my system and ActionScript 3, considering it only does this for newer flash games which are likely to be using that? I really don't know though, and any help would be appreciated!

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
How do you play the .swf files? Do you use the official ?
Do you see anything strange if you inspect the CPU and RAM usage while playing the games?
What if you ?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
How do you play the .swf files? Do you use the official ?
Do you see anything strange if you inspect the CPU and RAM usage while playing the games?
What if you ?
As far as I know, yes, I am using the official Flash projector.
Nothing looks odd with my CPU and RAM usage when I'm playing, but I might not have been looking hard enough. I'll see if something changes when I test it tomorrow morning.
Never tried sandboxing it, but never really thought of that either so... I'll try that as well, I guess.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Okay so: I am using the official flash projector.
CPU and RAM are just fine while playing, the computer just force reboots itself with no input from me whatsoever at random times it seems.
I am unable to sandbox it as my cpu doesn't support it, at least not the way that guide states.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
This issue still isn't solved... if someone has any idea of what might be causing this, help would be greatly appreciated!

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Ended up finally figuring this out thanks to the assistance of my brother, who knows infinitely more about computers than I do. As it turns out, the voltage of my CPU was unstable. I turned off some speed boost thing I don't remember the name of and set a constant voltage to it, and now my PC no longer force restarts.
Genuinely forgot I made this thread for a while, but it's good to finally have a conclusion to this issue that I've been dealing with for however long now.