Identify [Solved] - Looking for a VN - Magic, Fantasy Setting, not popular

Goncalo19

Aug 2, 2017
This will be pretty difficult, I don't remember much.
It's a VN (probably RenPy). Western Dev/Style. Pretty sure it involved mother/stepmother and sister, maybe the girlfriend as well.
MC (male, late teens I think) somehow enters a dream world (can't remember how), it starts out with him seeing a girl that he remembers who she is, but she doesn't know who he is.
The game periodically has flashbacks (probably when MC is dreaming) to the real world, where you can see some characters that are in the dream world and their relationship with the MC.
This game had "personal guardians" (can't remember what they were called), so in the dream world some of the people have a creature (could be humanoid looking) that is powerful and works with their "master". MC is somehow special, so maybe only he can see the personal guardians, and he remembers everyone from the real world in the dream world, which most of the other characters don't.
Pretty early on, MC meets a girl who attacks him, but her personal guardian had something to say about it, this girl becomes pretty important as the chapter goes on, maybe she is the one who dies at the end. I think this girl had blue hair, and/or her personal guardian (which I believe was humanoid looking in this case) is blue.

Some vague memories that I have:
There is a lot of magic.
When I played it, only chapter I was available.
Chapter I ended with a personal guardian (a powerful one) offering herself to be MC personal guardian because her master died (probably the blue girl mentioned above).
At some point in the middle game, there was a fire girl. I think she teaches you magic through nsfw stuff.
The game had a fair amount of combat, story wise I mean, I don't remember the player clicking to launch spells, for example.
Pretty sure MC is able to make his sister remember that she is her sister, she doesn't know because in the dreamworld only MC remembers the relationships from the real world, this would be mid-late chapter I.
I think that the evil mastermind in the dreamworld is MC mother in the real world, but she appears very little, because the main villain of chapter I is a dude who is fucking some girl, (it might be the first girl the MC meets mentioned above).
I remember that in the description, the dev said that the game would continue to be developed if it got some traction, I'm also pretty sure the dev had at least one other game on f95.
Don't remember much about the art style, but it was only reasonable looking. I think it wasn't very "Japanese" and not too animated.

I played it ~1.5/2 years ago.
It's probably not popular because I looked for it and can't find it.
I understand that is very vague, I appreciate any help :)

Last edited:

Goncalo19

Aug 2, 2017
this has some of what you're talking about, but not everything. So it's either I'm wrong or your memory is failing you (mine does me all the time lol).

https://f95zone.to/threads/companion-of-darkness-ch-7-berkili4.154533/
That's not it, but thank you for the answer.
It's probably not popular at all because I've been looking for it for ~2 hours, using tags and using the weighted rating and I just can't find it, I'm also not sure if I would recognize it just by looking at the thumbnail on games page :(

Do you recommend companion of darkness?

m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
That's not it, but thank you for the answer.
It's probably not popular at all because I've been looking for it for ~2 hours, using tags and using the weighted rating and I just can't find it, I'm also not sure if I would recognize it just by looking at the thumbnail on games page :(

Do you recommend companion of darkness?
it sounds like you like fantasy and magic and it has that in spades. If you enjoy the character models then I'd give it a go. It's not my favorite VN, but it's not bad by any means.

Reactions: Goncalo19

Goncalo19

Aug 2, 2017
Would it be ISOR ?! Just a wild guess
Unfortunately no, thank you for the answer!
All I remember from the environment of the dream world is a lot of open fields and a dungeon. ISOR seems to have a city, etc. Also, I don't exactly remember the characters' art style, but I think it was a little less Japanese than what ISOR looks like. I don't remember the nsfw moments to be honest :(

Last edited:

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
This will be pretty difficult, I don't remember much.
It's a VN (probably RenPy). Western Dev/Style. Pretty sure it involved mother/stepmother and sister, maybe the girlfriend as well.
MC (male, late teens I think) somehow enters a dream world (can't remember how), it starts out with him seeing a girl that he remembers who she is, but she doesn't know who he is.
The game periodically has flashbacks (probably when MC is dreaming) to the real world, where you can see some characters that are in the dream world and their relationship with the MC.
This game had "personal guardians" (can't remember what they were called), so in the dream world some of the people have a creature (could be humanoid looking) that is powerful and works with their "master". MC is somehow special, so maybe only he can see the personal guardians, and he remembers everyone from the real world in the dream world, which most of the other characters don't.
Pretty early on, MC meets a girl who attacks him, but her personal guardian had something to say about it, this girl becomes pretty important as the chapter goes on, maybe she is the one who dies at the end. I think this girl had blue hair, and/or her personal guardian (which I believe was humanoid looking in this case) is blue.

Some vague memories that I have:
There is a lot of magic.
When I played it, only chapter I was available.
Chapter I ended with a personal guardian (a powerful one) offering herself to be MC personal guardian because her master died (probably the blue girl mentioned above).
At some point in the middle game, there was a fire girl. I think she teaches you magic through nsfw stuff.
The game had a fair amount of combat, story wise I mean, I don't remember the player clicking to launch spells, for example.
Pretty sure MC is able to make his sister remember that she is her sister, she doesn't know because in the dreamworld only MC remembers the relationships from the real world, this would be mid-late chapter I.
I think that the evil mastermind in the dreamworld is MC mother in the real world, but she appears very little, because the main villain of chapter I is a dude who is fucking some girl, (it might be the first girl the MC meets mentioned above).
I remember that in the description, the dev said that the game would continue to be developed if it got some traction, I'm also pretty sure the dev had at least one other game on f95.
Don't remember much about the art style, but it was only reasonable looking. I think it wasn't very "Japanese" and not too animated.

I played it ~1.5/2 years ago.
It's probably not popular because I looked for it and can't find it.
I understand that is very vague, I appreciate any help :)
Amazing description :ROFLMAO: have fun

• Wow
Reactions: Goncalo19