Daz [SOLVED] Models to buff

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

so im currently trying to create the Male Cast for my VN.
I downloaded some models but it seems all of them are way buffier then in the Preview Pics.
It looks like all of them went to the Gym to get into the best shapes of their live due to the pandemic....

As example there is one Image from the Daz Homepage and a Render from Daz.

This does not only happen with Callan though. Almost every male Model is too buff.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Alright it seems to have to do with one of the Packages i have installed on my PC. On my Laptop it looks ok.

probably_dave

Jun 3, 2017
It looks like your experiencing the same issue as listed here .

It's likely one of the morph packages are defaulting to 100% when you import. Probably one of the full body ones.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Thanks for the link. That does indeed look promising. Unfortunately its not helping 100% cause when i do the steps Alboe mentioned i only receive the standard impacted assets. In fact the same assets as on my Laptop.

Maybe this has something to do with the issue that every time i open DazCentral it wants to reinstall Studio (starting from somewhere around 70ish percent?)
Alright the issue with Daz wanting to update/install Studio is caused by me having two installs of Studio on my client? One on C and one on E this might be caused by me wanting to move all the files to E aka my HDD rather then pile them up on my Tiny M2 SSD on C. This might also be whats causing the corruption while im not 100% about that though.
I am currently copying all Files from my Laptop to my PC and overwrite the current Files of DAZ and stuff. Maybe that helps. Otherwise i guess i have no other chance then redownloading and installing everything...

Last edited:

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Alright found it. It was the pack from Alistair HD causing the Problem. For everyone experiencing similar Problems if you have Dudes being too buff or Girls being to buff or whatever.

Go to Parameters > Actor > Full Body and check which sliders are set to 100% if its only the Slider for your character that Character most likely is buggy. If there is another Slider set to 100% Aside from your Character (example im using Callan HD both Sliders were at 100% Callan Body and Callan Body HD Details but also Alistair Body HD was set to 100%) So for me it was the Alistair Package causing these Problems. After uninstalling it everything works fine now.

blakesky

Jun 6, 2021
Having the same problem. It happens also with Genesis base.
I uninstalled the genesis essentials and reinstalled them, with no luck. For some reason, Alistair body was applied to all models. So I did what lordparcival suggested: uninstall Alistair. But that didn't work. Somehow Alistair was still there.
Anyway, I went to Shaping/Actor/People/Real World/Alistair, and clicked on its gear.
Parameter settings, showed his default was at 100%. Changed it to 0%.
Then Saved it as Support Asset, Morphed asset. Just so it would overwrite the bad morph.
And that fixed it.
Also, I found this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/alistair-hd-for-genesis-8-male-2019-07-14-update.33548/
Mayne the updated version of Alistair could fix the problem as well (with a less complicated method).

Last edited:
Reactions: lordparcival

blakesky

Jun 6, 2021
I also had a similar problem with Renshaw. It made all Genesis 8 males have one glass eye. Removing it was a pain.
In case someone else has the same problem, be sure to check the morphs folder:
\Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\Hinkypunk\Renshaw
There were residual files there.

Reactions: lordparcival