Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

HornyNarwhal

Nov 30, 2017
1.81 balance patch with new sexual resistance mechanic seems to have made runs feel more balanced/consistent.

Sound and graphic options still appear to be resetting on exit.

Pleasantly surprised by the quickness/frequency of an update so soon after initial release.

Gameplay mechanics feel solid/great, art is charming and unique. Feels like there's genuine passion and effort behind the project.

Would happily wait however long it needs to take for more animations.

Reactions: Trongle

jayceexd

Jun 27, 2018
Really like the game, but I´d appreciate an option to display single attacks longer. Maybe even to only show h attacks and an option to only show every every x´th effect or smth along those lines. Sometimes I barely have time to even look at whats happening when it`s already over.
You edit the timing in the options! There's a slider found on the in-game settings. Although think it's a bit buggy because you have to change it everytime

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Yes or no answer, please, I'd like to know if I can keep progress between versions.
Sometimes in life there aren’t yes and no answers. What they told you is true. This bug fix did not allow you to keep your save from demo69, but it’s possible future ones will. It depends on what we have to fix.

Reactions: Eman-Resu

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Nope, making the girls not regen any sex resistance per turn just made the game impossible (not to mention all the skills that use sex resist are absolutely WORTHLESS).
I guess I'm going to have to wait more because balancing is complete ass at the moment. The game is actually even harder now, and it was already extremely unforgiving (I managed to finish only 4 out of 10 runs before this patch, now I wipe before I even get to the second checkpoint).

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Nope, making the girls not regen any sex resistance per turn just made the game impossible (not to mention all the skills that use sex resist are absolutely WORTHLESS).
I guess I'm going to have to wait more because balancing is complete ass at the moment. The game is actually even harder now, and it was already extremely unforgiving (I managed to finish only 4 out of 10 runs before this patch, now I wipe before I even get to the second checkpoint).
Did you know that you can rescue them from having sex by killing the enemy? It’ll give you double damage boost and fully recover their resistance.
The game is definitely possible, but there is a big skill gap. The new mechanic does make the game harder, yes, but if you game the system to your advantage then it actually makes the game easier.

Reactions: Eman-Resu

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Did you know that you can rescue them from having sex by killing the enemy? It’ll give you double damage boost and fully recover their resistance.
Did you playtest your own game? Because if, for example, a mook is fucking the swordswoman in the red field then I effectively don't have any damage to kill it fast enough, it's going to take like 3 turns at LEAST. In the meantime, I have ~10 other enemies on the field because they constantly just swarm you. I really tried like 6 times in a row - once a person gets caught fucking, it's game over (unless you get REALLY lucky and it's a creep with 5 HP left or something).
I'm not braindead. I spent enough time to figure out the metagame. It's "reroll until you have AoE skills". The BEST one was the swordswoman's stun - but I CAN'T use it anymore, because sex resistance stopped being a resource and it effectively became their health.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Did you playtest your own game? Because if, for example, a mook is fucking the swordswoman in the red field then I effectively don't have any damage to kill it fast enough, it's going to take like 3 turns at LEAST. In the meantime, I have ~10 other enemies on the field because they constantly just swarm you. I really tried like 6 times in a row - once a person gets caught fucking, it's game over (unless you get REALLY lucky and it's a creep with 5 HP left or something).
I'm not braindead. I spent enough time to figure out the metagame. It's "reroll until you have AoE skills". The BEST one was the swordswoman's stun - but I CAN'T use it anymore, because sex resistance stopped being a resource and it effectively became their health.
Sorry, not trying to talk down to you, just giving you some gameplay tips to help you have fun.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Sorry, not trying to talk down to you, just giving you some gameplay tips to help you have fun.
Yeah, my bad for coming off as passive aggressive. Had a little bit of a gamer moment after getting repeatedly fucked for an hour. That just means the game is good, ha. Though I'd like it to be beatable as well. :HideThePain:
Looking forward to that secret new feature you promised in the next build.

CoalBurner

Sep 18, 2018
lasso from ninja and tripwire from archer are godsends
also, try to play around one of the girls getting low on sexual resistance, if you notice they are, instead of finishing off an enemy, try weakening others, that way even if they're in a deadzone, the enemy will already be weak enough to kill immediately

Oppai_King

Jan 26, 2018
I encountered a bug where I countered as the solare lady while someone was trying to do a lewd attack and it just soft locked the game and I had to reset it and losing the run. This happened twice but I cant figure out what else causes this bug besides that.

Oct 12, 2018
Honestly? I am LOVING the changes added in this small patch. It really took what was already a great concept, and just further laid the groundwork for what I think could make for a really fantastic system all around. Now abilities that I think were entirely TOO op before, like Intimidating Gaze, actually have reason for you to be a little hesitant in their use, and for all intents and purposes Stamina and Sexual Resistance no longer act simply as two separate HP bars, but more unique resources both now. Stamina is obviously the bigger priority to keep topped off, even more then before now, but you can't just spam SR moves now without having some potential downsides in temporarily losing a companion for some fun times, also, it makes said fun times more common which, for a Hentai game, is obviously a plus.

Now, the interesting bit here, is really how you can just GAME said SR loss and it hitting 0 now. I've actually found myself purposefully leaving one of the SR attacking enemies in the first lane at very low health just in the hopes that they'll knock a girl past 0, so not only can I get that pretty insane double damage buff, but also so they can cycle back over to 100 SR without much consequence. Its a bit of a risky gameplan if things don't pan out, but I feel like its a pretty great way to play around with the system overall. Definitely like this change overall, and, in truth between this and the grope animation/art timer, pretty much all my biggest nitpicks with the current demo have been solved.

All in all, really great work, and super look forward to seeing when more content gets added to the game! (y)

• Red Heart

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
God dammit I cannot play this game. I've done 10 runs and I haven't even made it TO the boss fight. The characters do pathetic amounts of damage compared to the ridiculous stream of enemies pouring into the battlefield, and once someone gets grabbed there's like a 90% chance that you can't kill the grabber before the rest of your team is defeated in one way or another. I really really like the art style and gameplay mechanics, but the playable characters feel WAAAAAAY too weak to put up a fight.

The only accomplishment I've done is saving the woman that sets up the waffle shop.

I wanna see all the content the tags claim is in the game, but so far the only enemies I've been able to encounter are the basic ones, the slaver dude, and the little goblin imp things.

Last edited:
Reactions: MayorD

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
God dammit I cannot play this game. I've done 10 runs and I haven't even made it TO the boss fight. The characters do pathetic amounts of damage compared to the ridiculous stream of enemies pouring into the battlefield, and once someone gets grabbed there's like a 90% chance that you can't kill the grabber before the rest of your team is defeated in one way or another. I really really like the art style and gameplay mechanics, but the playable characters feel WAAAAAAY too weak to put up a fight.

The only accomplishment I've done is saving the woman that sets up the waffle shop.

I wanna see all the content the tags claim is in the game, but so far the only enemies I've been able to encounter are the basic ones, the slaver dude, and the little goblin imp things.
I should have someone make a strategy guide to help new players.

Keep in mind, this game is a roguelike, so you are meant to fail over and over while you figure out the mechanics.

For now, here's some tips, if you decide not to give up just yet.

Change your priority during fights to this order:
1. Keep enemies out of zones of their color.
2. Finish off enemies with low HP if your sexual resistance is high, keep low HP enemies alive if your sexual resistance is low.

- If you can successfully prevent enemies from reaching their zones, they cannot attack you. Do this right and you will never take damage.

- Many skills can be used, and will deal full damage, anywhere on the field.

- AoE skills might do a lot of damage, but they have heavy costs to use. Zoning skills (pushing and pulling abilities) tend to be way cheaper at no risk of wasting damage.

baby

Aug 19, 2017
Not fond of the new font, kinda difficult to read with how all of the letters have inconsistent strokes. Making my eyes hurt.

Oct 12, 2018

The dev pretty much gave you the keys to the kingdom, but its definitely worth emphasizing that, if you can at all costs, avoid letting any enemy get to their preferred zone to attack you. In my experience, generally if you wanna have certain enemy types to focus on in particular, I'd suggest: Archers > Blue Guys > Dogs/Wolf enemies (move two spaces) > red brute guys with clubs.

Can be a bit interchangeable between the archers and the blue mage guys that want to get to the middle of the screen, but archers will almost always be something you want to end very quickly since they get to attack out the gate, and unless you have a way to reliably pull them into the center, or the red zones (Ninjas Grappling Chain skill), you'll pretty much want to focus on taking them out since they have low HP pools anyways, and the Archer can one shot them fairly often.

The blue mages themselves aren't too dangerous either, and are the tankiest of the generic enemies, but they do have ONE ability which can put you in some serious trouble, and that's the ability they have to buff other enemies so that they can attack/harass your characters no MATTER the zone they are in. If you can, keep them out of the middle zone at all costs, or kill them. Not a big deal to let one or two in for a little while, but if they just get to sit there for free for too long you'll run into issues.

The two units that want to be in the red zone, I find, are generally the easiest to handle, and also happen to be some of the least threatening. The dogs get a special mention cause, and while I haven't necessarily confirmed it, they only do stamina attacks, and seem to do a pretty hefty amount of stamina per attack. That and the fact they can get to the red zone in half the time the brute guys do, and they automatically become a bigger focus when one of the other two above this aren't up.

The brute guys just kind of get filtered out on their own in time as they reach the red zone in my gameplay, and are usually, if any, the ones that I keep alive to hopefully push a girl over 0 SR to refill it and get the buff, while sitting at low hp so you can immediately delete said enemy once they've done so.

Following with this advice, find out, and always try to keep bosses out of their preferred range, or you WILL suffer for it. Could give a small guide on what each range bosses prefer if people want, but realistically it'll become pretty easy to figure out once you see them either try to stick in the green zone, or try to move into blue or further. Also, most bosses generally have two zones in which they can do some sort of ability to harm you I've found, though, this doesn't seem to be universally true.

Really, the games just all about minimizing the possible damage you can take, therefore maximizing how much you keep enemies out of their preferred zone. Don't spam abilities needlessly, but also don't be afraid to use them and just sit at 100 Stam/100 SR, especialyl the former as you're effectively wasting free damage and resources by just sitting at 100 while doing basic attacks. Especially when you have abilities that can do damage regardless of zone, and deal your characters full damage, its almost always worth using these when a decent opportunity arises, and you have very high/max stamina.

Really, this is just some general stuff rogue-lites tend to emphasize overall, and you're not always going to be set up to win, but you can do a lot to mitigate chance and circumstance in your favor by just understanding how to combo skills, movement, and enemies preferred zones as well as their abilities. Sometimes its just worth it to hit one of the mini bosses when you are having a bad run, and get a few bright coins to spend for items or skills, sometimes you'll have the tools to basically trivialize the game. There's only a few skills I feel are generally not worth having either due to their cost or effect, but with the right tactics and maybe some small bit of favorable RNG, you should be able to come out on top in most cases so long as you're being smart about it.

Also, always hit up the shopkeeper in a run if you can, and plan to go all the way to the end. Some items can basically just delete bosses for you, or get you out of a really bad spot given how much damage they do regardless of zone. Also, getting a choice at a potential skill opposed to a single random one from a chest is always great as well.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
The dev pretty much gave you the keys to the kingdom, but its definitely worth emphasizing that, if you can at all costs, avoid letting any enemy get to their preferred zone to attack you. In my experience, generally if you wanna have certain enemy types to focus on in particular, I'd suggest: Archers > Blue Guys > Dogs/Wolf enemies (move two spaces) > red brute guys with clubs.

Can be a bit interchangeable between the archers and the blue mage guys that want to get to the middle of the screen, but archers will almost always be something you want to end very quickly since they get to attack out the gate, and unless you have a way to reliably pull them into the center, or the red zones (Ninjas Grappling Chain skill), you'll pretty much want to focus on taking them out since they have low HP pools anyways, and the Archer can one shot them fairly often.

The blue mages themselves aren't too dangerous either, and are the tankiest of the generic enemies, but they do have ONE ability which can put you in some serious trouble, and that's the ability they have to buff other enemies so that they can attack/harass your characters no MATTER the zone they are in. If you can, keep them out of the middle zone at all costs, or kill them. Not a big deal to let one or two in for a little while, but if they just get to sit there for free for too long you'll run into issues.

The two units that want to be in the red zone, I find, are generally the easiest to handle, and also happen to be some of the least threatening. The dogs get a special mention cause, and while I haven't necessarily confirmed it, they only do stamina attacks, and seem to do a pretty hefty amount of stamina per attack. That and the fact they can get to the red zone in half the time the brute guys do, and they automatically become a bigger focus when one of the other two above this aren't up.

The brute guys just kind of get filtered out on their own in time as they reach the red zone in my gameplay, and are usually, if any, the ones that I keep alive to hopefully push a girl over 0 SR to refill it and get the buff, while sitting at low hp so you can immediately delete said enemy once they've done so.

Following with this advice, find out, and always try to keep bosses out of their preferred range, or you WILL suffer for it. Could give a small guide on what each range bosses prefer if people want, but realistically it'll become pretty easy to figure out once you see them either try to stick in the green zone, or try to move into blue or further. Also, most bosses generally have two zones in which they can do some sort of ability to harm you I've found, though, this doesn't seem to be universally true.

Really, the games just all about minimizing the possible damage you can take, therefore maximizing how much you keep enemies out of their preferred zone. Don't spam abilities needlessly, but also don't be afraid to use them and just sit at 100 Stam/100 SR, especialyl the former as you're effectively wasting free damage and resources by just sitting at 100 while doing basic attacks. Especially when you have abilities that can do damage regardless of zone, and deal your characters full damage, its almost always worth using these when a decent opportunity arises, and you have very high/max stamina.

Really, this is just some general stuff rogue-lites tend to emphasize overall, and you're not always going to be set up to win, but you can do a lot to mitigate chance and circumstance in your favor by just understanding how to combo skills, movement, and enemies preferred zones as well as their abilities. Sometimes its just worth it to hit one of the mini bosses when you are having a bad run, and get a few bright coins to spend for items or skills, sometimes you'll have the tools to basically trivialize the game. There's only a few skills I feel are generally not worth having either due to their cost or effect, but with the right tactics and maybe some small bit of favorable RNG, you should be able to come out on top in most cases so long as you're being smart about it.

Also, always hit up the shopkeeper in a run if you can, and plan to go all the way to the end. Some items can basically just delete bosses for you, or get you out of a really bad spot given how much damage they do regardless of zone. Also, getting a choice at a potential skill opposed to a single random one from a chest is always great as well.
Pinned this to the front page, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this.

Reactions: Gonesoul
4.50 star(s) 40 Votes