• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Some of my renders

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
hey, i have been experimenting on and off every couple of months and then ragequitting, could you explain what rendersettings and lighting values to use, im not sure if i fucked up some kinda setting but it takes like 4 hours of rendering only to see there's not enough light, i tried intensity and luminocity(or whatever its called) but still dark af.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi. Was the scene intended to be dark like an interrogation room?
If not, you definetely don't have enough light sources in the scene. The more light is missing, the longer iray will take to render.
I would suggest to use the iray ghost light kit to bring some light into the scene.
You can also play around with the tone mapping settings, especially with f-stop, exposure time and shutter speed.
Just set the f-stop to 8 and you will already see a huge difference.
Make sure to use a camera and not the default viewport.

Also note that you will need huge numbers with the luminosity to see a difference. Start with 200.000 and work your way down.
Use a HDRI dome and let the light shine through the windows. This makes the scene much more natural.

Watch that video:

Reactions: mmmonsterkill

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Hi. Was the scene intended to be dark like an interrogation room?
If not, you definetely don't have enough light sources in the scene. The more light is missing, the longer iray will take to render.
I would suggest to use the iray ghost light kit to bring some light into the scene.
You can also play around with the tone mapping settings, especially with f-stop, exposure time and shutter speed.
Just set the f-stop to 8 and you will already see a huge difference.
Make sure to use a camera and not the default viewport.

Also note that you will need huge numbers with the luminosity to see a difference. Start with 200.000 and work your way down.
Use a HDRI dome and let the light shine through the windows. This makes the scene much more natural.

Watch that video:
Thanks for the advice! :eazyHype:

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
Greetings. This work is great. Just gorgeous body detail. Master share how? How did you come to this.)
Thank you my friend. I make sure to use only the best textures with the most details, or I make them by my own with tools like skin builder. Also I make sure to use HD and detail morphs for the face like wrinkles, morphs for the feet, vellus hair on the face and body etc. As perfectionistic as I am, I can fiddle around with details for multiple hours for a single render until I'm anywhere near satisfied. You just have to develope an eye for what is realistic or not. Of course it is easy to imagine it but hard to actually tranfer your ideas to something like DAZ. That's what this is about. Learning new tools and tricks to get the results you think about.

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
They look really great. Whats better is that theres a clear and massive improvement from your previous post.

Real growth right there! Hope u take the plunge and write your own game soon.

Reactions: amk19

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
They look really great. Whats better is that theres a clear and massive improvement from your previous post.

Real growth right there! Hope u take the plunge and write your own game soon.
Thanks bro. I really would like to make my own game but it seems to be impossible at the moment. I live in a country where a RTX 2080 for example costs like five times the minimum wage and I am stuck with my GTX 970 which can't handle a 2 or 3 character scene, not even mentioning the environment and props. I would want my game to have the quality you can see here or even better. It must be perfect, no excuses, no cheating. Not possible at the moment. And the RTX 3 series won't be any cheaper I fear.