[S> Other] Someone willing to continue my game?

RenGames69

Dev of "Under The Full Moon"
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
Project:
Lost in Lust (v0.3 Beta)
https://f95zone.to/threads/lost-in-lust-v0-3-beta-rengames.81988/

Developer:
- (currently RenGames69, see below)

Looking for:
- Transfer ownership of the game/project

Employment Type:
- Game Dev/Owner

Work commitment:
- (up to you)

Preferred method of contact:
- ITT, DMs, etc.

Job Description:
- Everything a Game Dev/Owner typically does: writing, art, coding, production, publishing, support, marketing

Additional comments:
I'm looking for someone willing to take over my game as I have no money to continue. I will be happy to give it all for 250$. I mean all the right, arts, scripts and ideas that I left with. Also contact with my artist. I think the price is fair. I put in to this project about 2000$ already.

Thanks, RenGames

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
I think $250 is too little incentive to convince someone to take over your project.

RenGames69

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
Yes, only the lack of money, mainly for art as it's the most money consuming

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
The one issue with giving away a project is: People already have their own ideas and projects waiting to be made, those take priority over everything else. In most cases, there would be no taker even if you give it away for free.
The two options remained are often cutting corners and finish a smaller version of the game, or cutting your losses and abandoning it altogether .

RenGames69

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
The one issue with giving away a project is: People already have their own ideas and projects waiting to be made, those take priority over everything else. In most cases, there would be no taker even if you give it away for free.
The two options remained are often cutting corners and finish a smaller version of the game, or cutting your losses and abandoning it altogether .
Maybe someone who's starting developing needs some art and artists contact? 250$ is cheap for about ten characters sprites and a lot of drawings scenes including.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
When people pay for art, they want their own characters and the art style they like. I have given up free character art before, but I don't expect to seen them in a game at any point.
They might be used as placeholders, but there are tons of better looking placeholders they can find on internet than mine.

Heronamesir

Jan 25, 2021
If $250 can get you about ten characters and some scenes, why don't you scale back the game and use that money to finish it

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
If $250 can get you about ten characters and some scenes, why don't you scale back the game and use that money to finish it
I'm fairly certain that they are offering to sell the rights to their game for $250, which includes all the resource files for said game, as well as the contact information for the artist & whoever else they have paid freelance commissions to work on their game.

I don't believe they are offering to pay someone else the money to take the game off their hands... :unsure:

GhostJenson

Jun 27, 2023
Cause it cost me 500$ per update
You should scale back the game at that point? If you put $2000 into it already, selling it for $250 seems like you're turning it into something more of a scapegoat. If the money is an issue, scale back the amount of updates you release, and only release when you're actually ready. That, or scale back the amount of art or the quality of the art you commission for every update. For my game, I've started only commissioning line art/concept art, until I'm monetarily ready to pay the artist to color/shade.

Then, focus on the writing, and make social media work for you. Make a Patreon, and put together a game that people want to play; then, just ask your dedicated followers to help you fund it. It's a tough long road, but quitting ain't it.