VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sorrow: Rebirth [v0.99] [LustFight]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JackRaff

Liking the story a million times better than the original. Original lacked character building for everyone but the MC the most. In my own humble opinion, the original did the MC's power building trait dirty but 'Rebirth' on the other hand did pretty good on that. I leave this rating in only the most fleeting concept but leave it hoping for the best and seeing the most. Power and lust are important but so is character building, fill the world dev. MC knows what's good and I like the ability to think from the MC like I like most Lit and Light novels that I read. Character dynamics are also a good fortune for me at the very least and I wish that they are kept integral. Reasonability is beautiful and we are all adults in this respect which is exactly why I appreciate this communication aspect the most. Anime stereotypes and Light novel stoicism can go to oblivion while Visual Novel fanaticism is great in moderation.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ProtoJoto

In its original version, Sorrow threw you into a violent world with few clues what was going on. The player advanced their understanding and position one death at a time, via frequent saves and rewinds. This was an experience that I found fascinating; but others found too frustrating. The game also had a structural flaw, in that there were far too many branches. The resulting combinatorial explosion made further development increasingly difficult.

In this reboot, the story has been reworked to be much more forgiving. I was able to play through to the end of the current content without dying once; which was almost disappointing. The excess branches seem to have been pruned away. Indeed, the story seems almost too linear now: if there were any branches of import, they weren’t identified well-enough for me to realize that I had missed something on my play-through.

I continue to find the advancing story interesting, even though it is spoon-fed to the player now, instead of making them bleed for it. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

As much of the media I consume is fan-translated into English, I have become fairly insensitive to the inevitable grammar and spelling errors. If you find that kind of thing upsetting, you should probably look elsewhere.

This version has the feel of a rough draft--which it probably is--and I hope the author will devote some effort to polishing it as well as moving the story forward.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BlackPinkX

v0.99
    Loved the story, I like fantasy and horror is my VN favorite genre . Characters are beautiful and Rose's design is great . Sometimes the story can be confusing but I wanna know what will happen next . Rebirth and magic is my thing.
    Thanks
  4. 2.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Game version: 0.99 (Rebirth)

I tried the original game and now I've tried the reboot- sadly, the rework is almost as bad as the first game.
    Weird, confusing story, mediocre animations and an overall bad presentation.
    I feed kinda sad for the developer who really seem to try his best, but this doesn't necessarily make a better game.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

GutZ1983

Interesting concepts, decent animations. Various paths combinations are not intuitive or complex, could use a few hints.

Has a lot of potential. Worth giving a try. Some backstory or explaination of the world might make the immersion better.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Kinch310

This is a remake of a game criticized primarily for its uninspired and clunky use of the English language. That's why I was disappointed to find a spelling error in the first sentence of the game. We recently attended "collge." Why our returning from college is essential to the story is unclear as of yet. (Dev, when you tell a story, be aware of Chekov's gun--every detail you take the time to mention should be meaningful. ESPECIALLY DETAILS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO INCLUDE IN THE FIRST SENTENCE.) We return home and are confronted with a disturbing turn of events. People in our community have been disappearing.

This might horrify and cause enormous unease for you or me. For the MC? Old news. When his friend calls to warn him that the town has changed since he left (people occasionally vanish now), the MC reassures his friend that he's heard the news. Obviously?! What? Does his friend think he's an idiot? That would be like not having heard about "the covid." (Direct quote on the last part.)

It's a shame because the renders are great, and the idea of people mysteriously vanishing isn't a trope you often see on this site.

Unfortunately, the writing in this post has undergone closer editing than this game. And that isn't forgivable in a remake.