• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Soul Trainer [Bleach Parody] [Development Thread]

Kwim

Jun 19, 2020
title_screen.png
Hi everyone! A friend and I decided to work on a Bleach visual novel since there's a severe lack of them and we hope to fill that void. My friend is focusing on coding/backgrounds and writing the story while I am working on the main character art and scenes. We wanted to post here to get some feedback as we continue working on this as a passion project.

Soul Trainer is a Bleach parody set 4 months after the Thousand Year Blood War Arc. After a brutal attack has left you in a state of amnesia you find yourself trying to uncover a conspiracy in the World of the Living. With the help of your newly found friends (Rukia, Orihime, and many others along the way) your goal is to find out why you were attacked and to grow in power as time progresses, getting into many adventures along the way!

The plan for Soul Trainer is a long term one with many girls and locations being added over time that will also help advance the main story, with plans for experimentation in terms of the overworld and animated h-scenes. We hope that we can make this a reality and if you want to support us... Great! If you can't... That's fine too! We just want to make something worthwhile for everyone to enjoy and we hope this can be that.
For anyone not familiar with how trainer VN's work you'll be training under people(usually women heh) so that you may progress in both story and power. You'll also be training said women in return to your liking.

DISCLAMER: All characters are OVER 18 years of age in this parody and WE DO NOT own the rights to Bleach.
The IP belongs to Shueisha/Tite Kubo and we have no relation to them. We are just passionate fans that wants to make something for everyone to enjoy and we encourage people to support the series as well as it's creators

WHEN WILL THE FIRST BUILD RELEASE?
: As of now we are not sure. A majority of work on the backgrounds is done! (I plan on giving them some touch ups still) but we still have some other things such as art assets/code implementation to iron out. This might be our first VN release but we don't intend on it coming out half-baked and we hope that's understandable. We will do our best to keep everyone updated as to how the project is coming along. Please consider that these are still early Work-In-Progress stills and soon to be animations.

SIDE NOTE: One other thing to clear up in that regard is that we're still new to this sort of thing but we intend on learning more along the way and we'd be happy for everyone to see how we progress!

Last edited:

FemaLep

Nov 4, 2018
Well, the art seems okay (as conceptual art) so far. I'm guessing the best bet for your first build should mostly focus on the basic gameplay aspects of the "trainer" genre for one girl. Then you could build on that from there.

Kwim

Jun 19, 2020
Well, the art seems okay (as conceptual art) so far. I'm guessing the best bet for your first build should mostly focus on the basic gameplay aspects of the "trainer" genre for one girl. Then you could build on that from there.
Yeah, this is our first project together so we're working out the scheduling and what the first (of hopefully many) build will have to make it feel satisfying and not rushed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JaQuandre Fields

ThiccN!gga69

Aug 30, 2019
View attachment 697861
Hi everyone! A friend and I decided to work on a Bleach visual novel since there's a severe lack of them and we hope to fill that void. My friend is focusing on coding/backgrounds and writing the story while I am working on the main character art and scenes. We wanted to post here to get some feedback as we continue working on this as a passion project.

Soul Trainer is a Bleach parody set 4 months after the Thousand Year Blood War Arc. After a brutal attack has left you in a state of amnesia you find yourself trying to uncover a conspiracy in the World of the Living. With the help of your newly found friends (Rukia, Orihime, and many others along the way) your goal is to find out why you were attacked and to grow in power as time progresses, getting into many adventures along the way!

The plan for Soul Trainer is a long term one with many girls and locations being added over time that will also help advance the main story, with plans for experimentation in terms of the overworld and animated h-scenes. We hope that we can make this a reality and if you want to support us... Great! If you can't... That's fine too! We just want to make something worthwhile for everyone to enjoy and we hope this can be that.
For anyone not familiar with how trainer VN's work you'll be training under people(usually women heh) so that you may progress in both story and power. You'll also be training said women in return to your liking.

DISCLAMER: All characters are OVER 18 years of age in this parody and WE DO NOT own the rights to Bleach.
The IP belongs to Shueisha/Tite Kubo and we have no relation to them. We are just passionate fans that wants to make something for everyone to enjoy and we encourage people to support the series as well as it's creators

WHEN WILL THE FIRST BUILD RELEASE?
: As of now we are not sure. A majority of work on the backgrounds is done! (I plan on giving them some touch ups still) but we still have some other things such as art assets/code implementation to iron out. This might be our first VN release but we don't intend on it coming out half-baked and we hope that's understandable. We will do our best to keep everyone updated as to how the project is coming along. Please consider that these are still early Work-In-Progress stills and soon to be animations.

SIDE NOTE: One other thing to clear up in that regard is that we're still new to this sort of thing but we intend on learning more along the way and we'd be happy for everyone to see how we progress!
This sounds dope

Kwim

Jun 19, 2020
Small update to let you guys know we're still here. Just dealing with 2020 and full-time jobs/family lol. Hope everyone is staying safe!

Incog (coder/bg artist) is still learning on the fly but he's managed to implement a character and scene selection into the game. This isn't the final version as we intend to add some more soul into it... pun intended. He's trying to implement a combat/training system to work with Rukia and her progression.

Kwim

Jun 19, 2020
First try at animating a scene. Still rough but I will try to improve on the overall movement/quality as I go. Hope you like! I'm not planning on posting every scene just to keep them a surprise ;)

Let me know what could use some improvement.

Punished Incog: Re-designing map screen and a few backgrounds for final release. Didn't feel they were up to snuff so I decided to redo some parts to make it look less generic (monopoly houses for example lol)

Kwim

Jun 19, 2020
Do you have a pateron page or somewhere to support development ?
We do have one roughly set up, but we didn't plan on posting it yet until we have something to show. One thing we don't want to do is take advantage of supporters. We want to make sure we can do this right and release a stable build before accepting any support. But in any case we 100% appreciate your willingness to support our project!

Slade1717

Sep 18, 2019
We do have one roughly set up, but we didn't plan on posting it yet until we have something to show. One thing we don't want to do is take advantage of supporters. We want to make sure we can do this right and release a stable build before accepting any support. But in any case we 100% appreciate your willingness to support our project!
Np but do you know when the first build or demo will be released this month or maybe next month?

Reactions: JaQuandre Fields

Punished Incog

Jun 19, 2020
Hey everyone! Sorry about not posting much in terms of updates on my end but really there hasn't been too much to post from me either so I don't want to clutter up the thread with pointless tripe.
I've mostly been studying code/art in my free-time and implementing what I can into the game. I have made a good amount of progress despite working a full-time job and I expect to have a build out by either around the end of October or sometime in November but don't hold me to it! I'm still fairly new at this lol
Expect some more updates from me in the coming weeks and believe me when I say neither me nor Kwim intends on abandoning it either!