Sounds not working in some renpy games

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Again a lot of Ren'Py games just don't have any sound, even if there are sliders in the menu.

hj56h4j6j45

Oct 11, 2017
Normaly,
1. Four_Elements_Trainer
2. TheHeadmaster
should have sounds!

I will start to make a list...

The Sound of Four_Elements_Trainer appeared, as found out how to run .sh files correctly, on Linux!
(So it seems to be a problem with wine(on Linux Systems)!

Last edited:

KoloHaiKai

Sep 18, 2020
Yall mean Voice sound,i've been playing tons of vn renpy games on win10 but no voice sound which is disappointing.The only sound i heard on some f the games are faps,moans and loUD MoANS but no voice just music and sounds.If anyome fixed this problem i would appreciate if you share on hpw to fix it
Also i agree even if theres a slider on its settings/options are no use on som games.

ActuallyFred

Sep 30, 2021
Came into this problem and fixed it for Windows 10.

Had this issue occur after manually muting a RenPy game in the Volume Mixer in Windows 10; for some reason manually muting one RenPy game in Volume Mixer mutes all other RenPy games in Windows.

I uninstalled the original game I muted after finishing it and noticed that other RenPy games had no sound, so reinstalled it and un-muted from the Volume Mixer and it brought back the sound for other RenPy games.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Clarification added for Windows version.

Last edited:

selestiel

Oct 17, 2021
Suggestion: - if your game has at least sounds go to game/sfx folder and replace sound file with your favorite song...
And dont forget to have your song with the same name as sound file but only in wav format...
You can convert mp3 to wav online in few seconds...
Songs for ren'py games mostly awailable online for free download but still some of them requires payment...
Just don't replace a lot of files with songs, otherwise youll have all of them played at the same time, and you won't hear any of it properly...
Or you can just have entire songs library downloaded and played in background via WMP... MPC or your choice...

green3215

Feb 9, 2023
all renpy games i installed keep sound, however all new ones i install don't, and i don't know which game it started from