Ren'Py - Sovereign [v0.10.1] [Zinikis Production]

1. 3.00 star(s)

braendt

Because it's a first release I'm going to be generous and tack on a third star. There's potential here.

The renders are pretty good. The story remains to be seen, but so far it's got a place or two it can lead, and I don't mind sticking around a little longer to see where that might be.

BUT...

The pointless clicking has to stop. It's not a sandbox. It's a VN that makes you click to get to the next screen (one choice, such as "Go Out" to get from reading on your laptop to the next destination you just read out loud is where you have to go. Sometimes twice in a row, like when you're coming home from work and have to click once to get downtown and again to get home). Again, it's not the click itself, but the fact that there's a text box to click describing the one or two clicks you're forced to make. Just bring me there. I don't need a text box, and don't need to see downtown on my way home if I'm not doing anything there either.

And please, for the love of all that is holy find a proofreader. Statements such as
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    have incorrect word choices and grammar that make following what story there is more difficult than necessary.

*EDIT* OK, I was a tiny bit hasty. There is actually a sandbox mode (the author calls it free-roam mode) after a quite lengthy VN-style prologue.