• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Space Jester [v0.01] [Jooh Jooh]

1. 3.00 star(s)

VRGO

TL;DR: It's just. . . alright, I guess?

Had to rewrite this review a few times because I kept getting wildly off topic and rambled about No Love a bunch, but to keep it on track this time, this feels like the start of another game in the 'sandbox harem' genre, for better and worse.

The writing is nice, I think. I admire the dev deciding to lean harder into the story/plot aspect of these sorts of games, and compared to NL there is definitely a much stronger cast this go around. I like a majority of the side characters, and although it took me a bit to readjust to seeing some NL character models on completely different people with different personalities, I got over it fairly quickly. Overall the project is still new so there isn't a ton to go off of yet but what's here isn't bad.

The models/art itself is top-notch, that's always been the one thing this dev has done amazingly and it translates over here as well. Will always have a soft spot for bottom heavy flat girls, after all.

The only thing I can really hold against this game is that there isn't really a lot of it, and that nothing it does feels super unique to it, though that's not something I'll hold against it yet. The 3/5 rating isn't meant to be a bad thing, just that I didn't feel very strongly in either direction.

All I can really say with confidence is to wait to see where it goes, as only more content can really tell how it's gonna shape up in the future.

Good luck anyways though, Jooh.