VN - Others - Completed - Space Pirate Sara [Final] [Black Lilith]

1. 4.00 star(s)

AHentailurker

Frustratingly close to great.

The game is a rather simple visual novel with a short, but decent plot in a sci-fi fantasy setting. There's not much to talk about here. The MC wants revenge on someone gets captured by them, and corrupted. She's also secretly the heir to the imperial throne, because of course she is. It's above a Nukige by quite a bit, but not exactly compelling on its own.

The game is structured very straightforward. Choose how to be trained during the day, then secretly search for the artifact you need to escape at night.

The day is where the scenes happen. Depending on which style of training you choose, you get different types of scenes. "Transfiguration" being Futa scenes, "Pleasure" around teasing and "normal" sex with a notable tentacle scene as well. "Humiliation" is about public sex, prostitution and exhibitionism.
    All of the routes have good variety centered among that theme, and though the number of scenes is pretty low, they have a nice length, and the art is typical Black lilth top tier quality.
    The routes also affect the ending, which follows the "Euphoria" style of choices. Choose the same option every time, or you automatically get the bad ending, which isn't unique in its "badness", because all but the true ending make the MC into a horny slave, but unique because it does not have a scene. All ending scenes expand on the theme in their route, although the humiliation one felt notably worse to me, because it was the only ending in which the ugly bastard minor character played a role, but tbf, the theme of the humiliation route isn't my favorite, so I am biased.
    I also do wanna mention that your trainers are two immortal lolis.
    I really hated this at first, but since they actually behaved like adults, witht eh exception of their speech pattern, I was okay with it.

The night part is what elevates this game from a decent to a good game for me Each night you have to solve a puzzle Based on the area where you founf it, and clues given to you These vary in quality. puzzle one was great, puzzle four was way too easy, but exactly the type of puzzle I love, and three, while being rather counterintuitive, was still pretty god. Only the second puzzle I had to look up, because it doesn't make any sense. It might be a translation error though, so I'm okay with it.

These puzzles do not affect the ending, with one exception. You have to get all of them right to get the true ending. It is then completely irrelevant which route you picked during the day, as long you still follow the euphoria rule. Don't leave your chosen path, this will result in the boring ending, even when you got everything right. Which doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

The true ending is the main reason why I think this game is good, but not great.
    The resolution to the conflict is very anti-climactic. There's some fake tension, a short fight scene, the bad guys escape heavily wounded, and you begrudgingly work towards ascending the throne.
    This is fine so far, but my issue is, there is no scene here. You still had the same amount of training than in any other playthrough, why are you not corrupted still. Since you still have to go through an entire training route, and which one is irrelevant, there was an option here, to have three different scenes of the MC following their corrupted desire in the way you chose, willingly this time.

This disappointment together with the minor flaws I mentioned keep this game from being a favorite of mine.