• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others - Completed - Space Slut Adventures [Final] [Pink Pencil]

1. 1.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

Once again a fascinating game from Pink Pencil, that studio who made the famous Framboise series, and once again, it is a weird, stupid, frustrating, and overall absurd experience.

There's not a single thing that makes sense in this game. Story, levels, enemies, everything looks uniquely wrong. Just launch the game by yourself and watch the window resize itself to 640x460 resolution, while a toilet flush sound starts playing in background. This is just the intro, the game hasn't even started yet, but it's already trying to send you a message.

Now there's nothing wrong with funny games, and that wouldn't be a reason for rating 1-star. I absolutely do love funny games, in fact I played every game of this studio, and believe me these devs are VERY funny. But unfortunately they are also VERY disturbed.

Just like every of their games, the gameplay is bad, terribly bad, in fact it feels like it has been engineered to be the absolute worst possible. From incompetent level design, to sadistic game "mechanics" - I don't really know which ones are bugs and which ones are features - you see there are a lot of bad games but only Pink Pencil manages to make their games so creatively obnoxious and punishing that one should appreciate it as some form of art. The main problem is that this game is stupidly and I really mean STUPIDLY DIFFICULT. There are 15 levels, in each level you have to kill ~50+ enemies. Any death resets the counter which wouldn't be too bad if you didn't die EVERY 10 SECONDS, either because:
    • you got hit ONCE (all enemies one shot you)
    • you fell into a pit that you cannot jump out of (bad luck, the developer forgot to put a way to climb back!)
    • you took a teleport which sent you to a no-return zone (bad luck, the developer forgot that too!)
    • you died to an enemy hidden behind the BACKGROUND (git gud scrub!)
    • or simply, because your character RANDOMLY EXPLODED (yes, yes, that's a thing)

This game is truly the masterwork of Pink Pencil, and I'm tempted to rate it 5 stars, just for the memes, because every single of their game looks like this and at this point it's hard to believe it's not intentional. Anyway if you enjoy following this studio's creations as much as I do then you definitely won't be disappointed.