RPGM None Special Mission Girl Aigis Pink [RJ01158977 | No Future]

Yuizorb

Mar 31, 2021
Hey, I'm translating the system texts (not sure if I'll do the scenes and dialogue or just post what I have here for someone else to finish)
BUUUUUT...
I have a translation dilemma. The title :
特命少女アイギスピンク
tokumei shōjo aigisu pinku
Literally:
Mission Girl Aigis Pink

No Future has アイギス as 'Aigis' instead of 'Aegis' and I'm not sure if this is an error or a pun.
It could be Ai(love) + Aegis(Shield) = Aigis(Love Shield)
I'm just not sure what to pick, people's recognition of a misspelled aegis vs recognition of a maybe pun. Which is better?
Has staring at katakana fried my brain?

echidnalada

Mar 7, 2018
Hey, I'm translating the system texts (not sure if I'll do the scenes and dialogue or just post what I have here for someone else to finish)
BUUUUUT...
I have a translation dilemma. The title :
特命少女アイギスピンク
tokumei shōjo aigisu pinku
Literally:
Mission Girl Aigis Pink

No Future has アイギス as 'Aigis' instead of 'Aegis' and I'm not sure if this is an error or a pun.
It could be Ai(love) + Aegis(Shield) = Aigis(Love Shield)
I'm just not sure what to pick, people's recognition of a misspelled aegis vs recognition of a maybe pun. Which is better?
Has staring at katakana fried my brain?
I don't think it's a pun, and when its been translated in the past, media tends to just keep it as "aigis" (a la Aigis from Persona 3). I don't know if they do any wordplay with it in this game, but it seems to just be a weird translation quirk and I think keeping it as Aigis should be fine.

Katanari

Oct 13, 2017
I don't think it's a pun, and when its been translated in the past, media tends to just keep it as "aigis" (a la Aigis from Persona 3). I don't know if they do any wordplay with it in this game, but it seems to just be a weird translation quirk and I think keeping it as Aigis should be fine.
"Aigis" seems to also be the regular translation of Aegis in both German and the OG Greek apparently. I think keeping it translated as "Aigis" makes it a bit more unique rather than just 1:1 a mythological item. Though I've read that Aigis from Persona specifically was spelled Aigis to force the name pronounciate to mirror the Japanese one

Hentai-life

Nov 8, 2023
I saw somewhere that DLsite is working on a translation. Can anyone confirm???
MTL or official if anything?

Yuizorb

Mar 31, 2021
I saw somewhere that DLsite is working on a translation. Can anyone confirm???
MTL or official if anything?
Probably not, iirc.
But I'm almost finished with my translation, the only thing left is playtesting for errors and reformating the sex scene MTLs(that I got from blackcape, thanks).
It'll be a few more days till release though. It's a pretty tedious process.

On another note, I did check their Ci-en and it looks like they're releasing 'Tokumei Shoujo Aigis Blue' on jun 16. It's tagged as AVG so I think it might be a VN sort of thing.

Yuizorb

Mar 31, 2021
Here it is!
All the player facing Japanese text should be translated to English, and generally readable.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT: You will have to decrypt the game files for this to work. Use this ( ). You can download it under the Code dropdown button, then open the index.html file with a browser.

Last edited: