Ren'Py - Spirit Lover [v0.27] [Shousaka94]

1. 1.00 star(s)

RainyKnight

Unfortunately, I couldn't get more than 5 minutes into the game before being far too annoyed by poor translation and the dialogue making no sense. Maybe if I knew the anime it would be less confusing, but right now the MC and the AI talk to each other in incomplete thoughts that don't mean much. Then, I reached one line where the women were referred to as men 3 times in the same statement and just had to stop. It always surprises me how much worse translations from Spanish are than those from Japanese or Korean, considering that Spanish and English are derived from the same branch of languages.

The preview images looked good and I'd be happy to try the game again after a while and change the review if these issues can be addressed.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Shakorexis

I was intrigued by this and decided to give it a shot. It's enough of a change to the main story right from the get-go besides just switching out the main protagonist that made it seem intriguing. Something else is that as the story progresses, it diverges more from the series making it more entertaining as you go through meeting the girls and doesn't feel like a slog even if you know the characters and story in the main series.

A good thing is that the Koitatsu art looks pretty good and resemble the characters well enough. This also helps with the H-scenes which do look okay for the medium. I was particularly fond of the changes to girls like Yoshino and Mana. Even Kotori, who still looks a bit young has a bit more of an adult look here.

However, while this may not be a problem for everyone, the grammar in this game is pretty bad. Words are misspelled, female characters are referred to with male pronouns, and sentences don't flow well. It's not something that can make you unable to tell what's going on, but it is there.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

This looked like an interesting game to play--a fun premise, cute models, lots of opportunity for adult fun with a diverse group of partners, but I've stopped playing the updates because the game seems as if it is only partly implemented. The navigation is clumsy, the passage of time seems somewhat arbitrary, and the pace of progress is glacial. I've been disappointed to not enjoy playing this.