Flash Completed Spirit rancher [v1.1] [Ellabelle]

Hanz

May 21, 2017
Another issue, flash player doesn't seem to be the only media player having trouble with the grey screen. Attempted to get it to work on Internet Explorer but same issue

Ellabelle322

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
ive made a new version that-
1. Is an exe file so it shouldnt have the flash issue
2. Ive embeded all extra art that it loaded in so its 100% offline now. Hopefully fixes the gray-screen
3. Ive made the confusing stuff easier to understand.

it is here
Ill make a version with lewd scenes in the future too(not animated like alchemy quest though)

Reactions: Gabaw and frode333

Masterra

Feb 2, 2018
no more grey screen with this version indeed.
- the constitution challenge really have some issue, my progress bar is full, but when it's time out I fail.
- for the mini-games, I am not really fan of it, a little to long ton finish for me, but it's only my opinion.
- training is better now, and I see some icon change, better.
- maybe replace "day" on top of main screen by "week" ?

you work quickly and your are active whit community, thank and good work. ^^

Ellabelle322

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
no more grey screen with this version indeed.
- the constitution challenge really have some issue, my progress bar is full, but when it's time out I fail.
- for the mini-games, I am not really fan of it, a little to long ton finish for me, but it's only my opinion.
- training is better now, and I see some icon change, better.
- maybe replace "day" on top of main screen by "week" ?

you work quickly and your are active whit community, thank and good work. ^^
1. There was a minor graphical glitch, surprised you found that.
2. The mini-games are just 30 seconds long unless you have bad fps
3. Yea, at least it is consistent
4. Sure, that would not be a problem...

thanks ^^

fishboy11

Mar 6, 2020
people having trouble running the game, do a google search for swffileplayer its a nice simple and free external flash player and it doesnt need to be run through a browser

Reactions: Denethon
Jun 18, 2019
This UI and art reminds me of the original Adventure Quest, and I love that someone is taking inspiration from Monster Rancher, that was great game and I'd love to see more of its kind. I'll definitely give this a try

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Swf file breeding gray screen: your game isn't softlocked. You can click the invisible X on the very top left and the game will carry on (breeding was successfully done)

Official Adobe's offline flash projector, to run .swf files:
(Download the Flash Player projector)
Drag & drop your .swf on the downloaded exe. Poof! Magic.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Ellabelle322
I'll try to be contructive and get straight to the point:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, a very nice proof of concept. New mechanics to add to MonRancher's, and nifty ideas left and right.

Reactions: Masterra

Hirshum23

Nov 7, 2019
Game has promise, but as of right now not into it. No sexual content. You see nudity, but the breeding scenes are just one big heart. I'll check back when they actually have content to reward you for playing the game.

Ellabelle322

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
Game has promise, but as of right now not into it. No sexual content. You see nudity, but the breeding scenes are just one big heart. I'll check back when they actually have content to reward you for playing the game.
Yea, i made a new version with that. Should be update soon :)

Reactions: Hirshum23

Ellabelle322

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
sandsea_urchin

Thx for the feedback :)

1. I dont know what the problem with collars is and i cant replicate it but someone has mentioned it before.
2. Yea... it's just easier to code that way. And you always have more items than spirits unless you sell them, so i didn't think it'd be a problem.
3. Yea... that's a bit unintentional but it's that way to offset the big loss of mood.

4. Yea, i suppose that makes sense. I could animate the button to look more clickable.
5. The game can be played with or without raising obedience.
6. Hmm, the training methods with drawbacks are worse than average if youre unprepared but strictly better under the right circumstances. The reason you think it seems harsh might be cause stat-gain scales with mood but stat-loss does not.
7. The spirits inherit typing, skills and traits through breeding. The reason stats don't follow the same logic is cause everything in the game is balanced around the maximum amount of stats you can aqquire in a single spirits life-span. Like... if you bred a super good race-horse it'd still need to grow up to win races?
8. Same reason, everything is balanced around how much stats you can theoretically aquire in a life-span. (I've thought about making them older, but it might suck to have a spirit that lasts less than a year :(
9. Hmm... I haven't really thought about that. I put in the unsummon thing just so you could get rid of spirits you don't like. Not sure in game what the reward would be for returning a character to the spirit realm... Like... are you looking for a place where you can sell spirits to other people?
10. I think you might still play an older version, all timers are shorter now. (I update the game faster on other websites, i just feel bad about inconveniencing the mods to do it here)
11. Same here, negative mood and energy are still in. But stats don't go negative anymore.
12. why?
13. You can pull the slider during your own matches but it does not increase the actual wager, it remains at 0.
14. You might just be exhausted, your movement speed gets reduced as you use up stamina (this allows long range spirits a chance to back off from short range spirits the same way walls give the short range spirits a chance to catch up)

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Just replying to points I have something to add:

1. I can't replicate my 'fix' either. That's a real issue, as the only alternative is expeditions (awfully random)
2. That means you lose 500G (or 3000G for training items) since you have bought or could have sold the item. Creating a store-bought 10G equipable item would fix this. The item itself being useless otherwise, of course.

5. Right.
7. I've played all Monranchers too, I get it. But about 10% stats carried over should still be fair. It's about rewarding the players for their work; you don't get so many leftover items and extra stuff as in MR.
9. See 2 and 7. Actually, you can get a bell (normal) back when cross-breeding, losing that extra-rare Ground or Clock item. Again, no reward for hard work = loss of faith/interest for players. Like not giving a dog a treat when he's a good boy.
12. Because no way to customize controls, and that's the only instance in the game when you force players to use their left hand. There's no gain in doing so, in a casual, relaxed (MR-like) game.
13. Might be bugged then. I lost all my chips after losing a match, contradicting your statement, and the rules' very brief in-game explanation.

edit: I was playing 1.0.
v1.1 pretty much invalidates everything I said about combat. Good job!

New: most actions beside 'training' end the day directly - possibly leaving 1-3 monters 'relaxing'/without orders. The more elegant way around that, would be to bring up a 'what should this spirit do?' window, when ending a day with unassigned spirits - instead of auto-relaxing.

Oh, the thread is marked as[Completed]. That's a tag usually meant for games which won't get any further development. You might want to fix this.

Good luck!

@ lurkers: the twitter mentioned in OP, would be where the sneak pics / spoilers are available.
looks like it's the place to check Ellabelle's other project.

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I really like the idea of the game, but the bad part is that the spirit don't stay too long, so when you get one strong or good enough they vanish, unless you froze him, and keep him just as display.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
The idea is very promising and i love all the inspirations (especially monster rancher), wouldn't play this version but gonna keep this on my watchlist

thsgtsrgbse

Jun 9, 2017
Is the black/green shadow with yellow coat inspired by Taokaka from blazblue?
Or is Tao inspired by something else?
693817_telechargement.jpg

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
A volume setting would be nice, one for the sound effects separate from the music.

A couple of tracks here and there,

Last edited:

MLGWolf69

Oct 1, 2020
None of the downloads links are active, AnonFile and Nopy are gone, Pixeldrain no longer has the file, and Racaty just doesn't seem to be loading, which could be a temporary issue? But if someone could post new links it would be appreciated