Daz Squat position thigh weirdness

ozbozoz

Jun 6, 2018
I played around trying to pose a squatting sort of position. The girl's thigh looks weird. Is there anything that can be done about this (or should I just choose my camera angles wisely :))?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
There should be 'joint Corrective Morphs' to help combat these issues. You can try different ones besides the default.

Credit to Rich for compiling this list for me in a previous conversation:

and

Reactions: rev2020 and ozbozoz

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks for the reference, Saki_Sliz . Yes, a lot of the models have issues when you get into extreme joint bends.

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
beginner problem ;)

i have one model that can bend in every position without any help from any morphs.
the problem with your model is that the body isnt smooth/soft enough
how do you get soft bodies you may wonder? ;)
Nancy Hot Pose 6.jpg

Reactions: Maeris storm king

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Sorry i cant
i earn money from it.

if you use Daz 3D for 1 year you will figure it out

Maeris storm king

Oct 7, 2017
Sorry i cant
i earn money from it.

if you use Daz 3D for 1 year you will figure it out
I understand, thanks for the reply anyway.

I'm still in my first week sadly...

I finally did it, using smoothness can solve it but there is a better solution, many thanks!

Last edited:

Maeris storm king

Oct 7, 2017
Daily reminder a smooth modifier gonna destroy any subD details.
Exactly! Even if the morphs are locked, there will be problems.

The best method that i manage to find was to create some morphs in blender and applying then when bending the character in extreme ways.

if anyone else knows a better way please share, there's almost no solutions even in DAZ forum for this specific problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dextro Gold

Dextro Gold

Apr 13, 2021
Exactly! Even if the morphs are locked, there will be problems.

The best method that i manage to find was to create some morphs in blender and applying then when bending the character in extreme ways.

if anyone else knows a better way please share, there's almost no solutions even in DAZ forum for this specific problem.
It's possible to use custom JCMs, you can model them pretty fast in blender, sounds hard but it's not!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maeris storm king

empeteror

Jul 11, 2018
Hey I have just this issue now. Started playing around in Daz, like it so far, but this issue happens at every pose that has a significant leg movement. Did you found some solution for smoothing it out? Or could you tell me how to do this custom JCM thing?

ozbozoz

Jun 6, 2018
Hey I have just this issue now. Started playing around in Daz, like it so far, but this issue happens at every pose that has a significant leg movement. Did you found some solution for smoothing it out? Or could you tell me how to do this custom JCM thing?
Hey - I honestly don't remember. I gave up on learning Daz soon after posting the above. :rolleyes:

WizKey317

Jun 18, 2019
have any of you tried bending the character in a natural way so to avoid the weird bending issues or try using bend control like i do it helps with most bending issues unless yhou bend the character beyond a natural point. I find both using bend that are more humanly possible and also using bend control both work well to make it look way better and less deformed. Another thing is i dont have to use smooth morphs to fix the issue meaning my renders are always 4k or better resolution.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Since the time of this post, I could make another suggestion. I don't know if this is possible in Daz, but what I'll do is, I'll make two versions of the model, the base mode, and then a model with the emaciated morph. In blender I'll combine the two meshes together to make a 'soft body' or I'll treat the base shape as a 'fabric with inflation pressure' and the emaciated body acts as the skeleton. then while doing extreme poses and movements, the physics simulator basically simulates the fat/skin/muscle of the body to make physically corrects bends and collisions... its been a while since I did that, don't know if I have any renders to show it, but to be honest, it was cool but wasn't worth it. better to turn off the mesh smoother in daz, set the mesh smoother to current shape, and then turn on mesh smoothing again with 6 or 8 iteration 'to base shape' tend to look cleaner, nicer... or I'll give up and use a mesh with custom topology.

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
My character has the same problem. These aren't particularly extreme bends either. Things like squatting, which Humans can do quite naturally, cause this issue. Does anyone have an idea which of the morph sets is best for that? I don't want to install all of them. They slow Daz down a lot.

blaqhentai

Jul 19, 2020
Did some testing. This is G8F using guhzcoituz's Super Implant body morph.

Notice the super ugly indentation between the hip and leg.

This with Zev0's "Bend Control" applied.

Now we apply a smoothing iteration at 5.

Smoothing iteration at 10.

Smoothing iteration at 20.

Smoothing iteration at 40.

This is perfect for the kind of work I do in Daz, which is non-photorealistic. But if you want to maintain the HD details you probably have to crack open Blender and get to sculpting.