[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I can't get face swap to work - wf attached.

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting? It just doesnt's work and there are no error messages to look up.
reactor.png

• Love
Reactions: Mr-Fox

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
I think lots of components the Manager tries to install require Microsoft Build tools as a prerequisite. If you give it another go, do start by installing those runtimes.

I am on my tenth CUI install cause there were issues halfway in each of those.

So, base kinda needs to look like this to have a decent chance of using CUI's advanced nodes:
View attachment 3133838
I honestly forgot about that because I installed it so long ago, but you are 100% correct.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
just something i noticed when looking at the image so i might be misreading things, but it says "enabled: off" in the node
"Enabled: off"? - not the clearest thing ever. How to tell you're working with an open source project!

Then again, even the mighty Microsoft once issued the fabulous Help text:
"When the Start Windows Restart When Windows Starts checkbox is checked, Windows Restart will start everytime Windows is started"

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Further to this, here is where you combine a file load and file preview into a single node.

Meaning you can add file preview to any node with an image immediately addressing some clutter.

Yea, that's a brilliant feature.

The next candidate are face restore modules and all those VAE patches. Then LORAs and the checkpoint, controlnets, on and on.

workflow (1).png

Last edited:
Reactions: me3

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Further to this, here is where you combine a file load and file preview into a single node.

Meaning you can add file preview to any node with an image immediately addressing some clutter.

Yea, that's a brilliant feature.

The next candidate are face restore modules and all those VAE patches. Then LORAs and the checkpoint, controlnets, on and on.

View attachment 3134641
you're possibly aware but there are several "lora stacking" nodes that lets you easily have multiple loras in the same node with slight difference in options. There's one in comfyroll and one in efficiency i believe, can't remember if there was more atm.
Both of those also has some grid/XY nodes, never used those nodes so no idea how they work though

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Going by timestamps on the first and last image, it took over 15 hours to generate all the images, so next time i'll try something shorter :p

So the basic idea was to take video/clip of someone "dancing", split that into frames and process those to get the poses. In this case that gave >1400 pose images, some had to be cleaned out due to bad capturing or other issues, leaving slightly below 1400.
Then i'd use those images to generate a character using those pose images and hope things worked out. Since the pose is all you really care about you can keep a fixed seed, but it still causes quite the variance in output. So trying to keep a simple background is a bit of a challenge. In hindsight i probably should have used a lora of a character that had a completely fixed look, including outfit, but as this was just intended as a concept/idea test it doesn't matter that much.
I'd intentionally set things up so that i had each pose as a separate file and to keep every generated image in the same numerical order and not depend on counters/batch processing in case things broke or i had to redo some specific image.
Looping through each pose is simple enough anyway and not loading everything into memory also helps with potential OOM issues.
To save time and to test LCM while i were at it, i used just a normal SD1.5 model with a LCM weight lora, so images were generated in just 5 steps, same with face restore. So in this case that lora did a fair job.
So after merging all the frames back together and some processing, i had a ~42sec 60fps clip of a AI woman roughly moving in the expected way and with some additional arm swinging and head warping due to not fixing enough of the pose images and prompt.
I can't post the file in full on forum due to size, adding a downscaled 24fps version and 2 full size images. There's odd jumps/cuts and movements due to frames having to be cut out in poses or bad generating. This wasn't a test of how perfect it would be, but "will it work", so i didn't bother fixing all those things. And tbh with 1400 poses and the same amount of images, i'd rather not go over all of them multiple times just for this type of test.
There are at least some sections that aren't too bad.

View attachment scaled24fps.webp

k_0183.jpg
k_0418.jpg

Too keep this from becoming even more of a wall-of-text i'll put the rest in spoilers should anyone care for details.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Credit to Mr-Fox for his Kendra lora, usually has a download link in his sig. Though can really say these images do her justice, but any PR is good PR right...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hey Sepheyer, sorry to "ping" you, but I've just seen this post from you, and as I'm currently trying to get something like this working right now, I though I just asked if you're willing to share your workflow on how you'd achieve that?

So here's what I'm trying to achieve: take any DAZ rendered scene from a game and turn it into a more photo like style.

I've watched so many ComfyUI tutorials in the past couple of days, and I remember seeing one in which a node was used to generate a "positive prompt" for any loaded image (but of course I can't find that specific tutorial anymore :cautious:). Because I don't want to enter any prompt manually, I just want to load any rendered (or even drawn?) image, extract a "positive prompt" out of it and then feed it into a sampler using a photo realism model to basically generate a "real" copy of that image. I might need to add a "combined/concatenated" positive prompt in case I need to add some specifics, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

I did see a lot of tutorials doing the quite opposite (turning a photo into a drawing or pencil sketch), but I haven't found a single one doing it the other way round. Well, I found one workflow on CivitAI that looked promising, but it was based on text-2-image and not image-2-image...

If you could share any details on how you would do that, that would be awesome!

Thanks a lot in advance.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
And here's yet another question: It's quite easy and fun to replace faces in images, and I'm literally blown away how easy it was. I replaced some faces in memes with some friend's faces while streaming to them on Discord, and we had so much fun :)

But the method I used so far only replaces the actual face, not the hair. Is there any way to replace the face and the hair in an image, do I have to use the mask feature to achieve that?

Again, thanks a lot in advance to whomever has some advice. And sorry if those are still noob-ish like questions, I've searched through this thread (and other tutorials) but wasn't able to find a working solution...

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hey Sepheyer, sorry to "ping" you, but I've just seen this post from you, and as I'm currently trying to get something like this working right now, I though I just asked if you're willing to share your workflow on how you'd achieve that?

So here's what I'm trying to achieve: take any DAZ rendered scene from a game and turn it into a more photo like style.

I've watched so many ComfyUI tutorials in the past couple of days, and I remember seeing one in which a node was used to generate a "positive prompt" for any loaded image (but of course I can't find that specific tutorial anymore :cautious:). Because I don't want to enter any prompt manually, I just want to load any rendered (or even drawn?) image, extract a "positive prompt" out of it and then feed it into a sampler using a photo realism model to basically generate a "real" copy of that image. I might need to add a "combined/concatenated" positive prompt in case I need to add some specifics, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

I did see a lot of tutorials doing the quite opposite (turning a photo into a drawing or pencil sketch), but I haven't found a single one doing it the other way round. Well, I found one workflow on CivitAI that looked promising, but it was based on text-2-image and not image-2-image...

If you could share any details on how you would do that, that would be awesome!

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sure, here's my HS2-IRL babe converter. Ping me again in a week or so, it should become better still as this is massively WIP and has two or three bugs. Still, completely fit for purpose as of rhiinow.
a_00207_.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
And here's yet another question: It's quite easy and fun to replace faces in images, and I'm literally blown away how easy it was. I replaced some faces in memes with some friend's faces while streaming to them on Discord, and we had so much fun :)

But the method I used so far only replaces the actual face, not the hair. Is there any way to replace the face and the hair in an image, do I have to use the mask feature to achieve that?

Again, thanks a lot in advance to whomever has some advice. And sorry if those are still noob-ish like questions, I've searched through this thread (and other tutorials) but wasn't able to find a working solution...
This thing can do hair, faces, cloithes:

But in theory. I just learned about it, so having my hopes up. I attached the workflow that selects the prompted item but I haven't gotten around to do swaps - it is rather the same across thoes three files.

Can you post your face swap w/f? It should inform me how you think - whether in pixel space or in latents.

• Red Heart
Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can you post your face swap w/f?
Unfortunately I haven't saved my workflow, but I will try to recreate it and then post it. Thanks a lot for your workflows though! I will test them as soon as I got some more time :)

// Edit: I was able to separate the hair from the model using your workflow, but I'm also still trying to figure out how to replace it in the original image...

Last edited:

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Going by timestamps on the first and last image, it took over 15 hours to generate all the images, so next time i'll try something shorter :p

So the basic idea was to take video/clip of someone "dancing", split that into frames and process those to get the poses. In this case that gave >1400 pose images, some had to be cleaned out due to bad capturing or other issues, leaving slightly below 1400.
Then i'd use those images to generate a character using those pose images and hope things worked out. Since the pose is all you really care about you can keep a fixed seed, but it still causes quite the variance in output. So trying to keep a simple background is a bit of a challenge. In hindsight i probably should have used a lora of a character that had a completely fixed look, including outfit, but as this was just intended as a concept/idea test it doesn't matter that much.
I'd intentionally set things up so that i had each pose as a separate file and to keep every generated image in the same numerical order and not depend on counters/batch processing in case things broke or i had to redo some specific image.
Looping through each pose is simple enough anyway and not loading everything into memory also helps with potential OOM issues.
To save time and to test LCM while i were at it, i used just a normal SD1.5 model with a LCM weight lora, so images were generated in just 5 steps, same with face restore. So in this case that lora did a fair job.
So after merging all the frames back together and some processing, i had a ~42sec 60fps clip of a AI woman roughly moving in the expected way and with some additional arm swinging and head warping due to not fixing enough of the pose images and prompt.
I can't post the file in full on forum due to size, adding a downscaled 24fps version and 2 full size images. There's odd jumps/cuts and movements due to frames having to be cut out in poses or bad generating. This wasn't a test of how perfect it would be, but "will it work", so i didn't bother fixing all those things. And tbh with 1400 poses and the same amount of images, i'd rather not go over all of them multiple times just for this type of test.
There are at least some sections that aren't too bad.

View attachment 3136645

View attachment 3136647
View attachment 3136646

Too keep this from becoming even more of a wall-of-text i'll put the rest in spoilers should anyone care for details.

Credit to Mr-Fox for his Kendra lora, usually has a download link in his sig. Though can really say these images do her justice, but any PR is good PR right...
So cool. I'm very happy to see my lora being used. Those skips and jumps makes me think of old silent black and white movies Charlie Chaplin etc. You could say it's artistic choice and retro vintage style. There fixed.. :LOL:
There are many different workflows and tools that has been trending during the year with animation as focus and goal. There is a stand alone software called Ebsynth. If I understand it correctly you only need to generate key frames and the software does the rest.

This link is only for having an example, there might be much better guides and tutorial videos out there:

The software homepage:

An amazing img2img + ebsynth video I found. Fair warning it's pretty freaky:

A knowledge resource and guide of sorts with examples and different methods involving various software and extensions:

Another video example of a person dancing:

video2video guide on civitai:

I know that there are online communities that is dedicated to only animation and video making with stable diffusion but I could not find the link or remember where I saw it.

Last edited:

me3

Dec 31, 2016
So i've been playing around with some ideas on how to keep the background (and potentially other elements) static for animations.
This does seem like an option IF i can work out how to keep the moving element in the correct position. IE having someone walk across the image would mean you'd have to know the exact location of the pose for each frame and so far i've not found a way to keep the poses alignment within the "pose image" as it gets lost when removing the background. Anyway one step at the time, how the AI does it too :p

Just thought i'd share these as an example of how you can layer things like you would do in things like Photoshop and that you're final image doesn't have to have "every pixel filled", you can have empty/transparent sections. You can use this to make things "poke out the side", break out of frame in comic book style, or make non-square images.

These images are using 3 different models, one sd1.5 for the "workshop" background, Cindy uses a different model sd1.5 with a lora and controlnet pose added in, and the sign at the bottom is a sdxl model just to have a hope that it would give readable text.
The workflow is an absolute mess, but it's basically stacking image composites.
I'll see if i can get some cleaner version, but it's not that complex to add to things, create image a, create image b, use composite to combine them.
Might be useful for ppl planing to do AI games to reuse backgrounds/rooms and position characters in, who knows... layers_0001.png layers_0002.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Unfortunately I haven't saved my workflow, but I will try to recreate it and then post it. Thanks a lot for your workflows though! I will test them as soon as I got some more time :)

// Edit: I was able to separate the hair from the model using your workflow, but I'm also still trying to figure out how to replace it in the original image...
They key in that conversion workflow is the setting of the contolnet - how strong you want it and how many steps it should be applied for (between 0-100% of the steps). Both settings at maximum will get you "exact" replica, while with lower settings the CUY will use more of the text promp rather than control net and thus will "dream" more.

Here the same WF as here but with looser constrains on what the image should be:
a_00433_.png

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
They key in that conversion workflow is the setting of the contolnet...
Thanks again for your workflow -- I've tried it, but it's not doing what I want it to do: change a DAZ render into a "photo".

I've tried tuning the strength of the controlnet nodes, but it's doing all kinda stuff, because (I assume) you still have to add a lot of prompts manually on what you see in the original picture to get a somehow decent result.

Here's a quick idea on how I do want my workflow to look like:
wf.png

I might need to add more nodes to the workflow to downscale/upscale/inpaint/outpaint the images etc., but you might get the basic idea of what I'm trying to achieve. The issue is the red node, which I know exists, but I don't know what it's called and which custom nodes I'll have to install to get that specific node.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thanks again for your workflow -- I've tried it, but it's not doing what I want it to do: change a DAZ render into a "photo".

I've tried tuning the strength of the controlnet nodes, but it's doing all kinda stuff, because (I assume) you still have to add a lot of prompts manually on what you see in the original picture to get a somehow decent result.

Here's a quick idea on how I do want my workflow to look like:
View attachment 3138236

I might need to add more nodes to the workflow to downscale/upscale/inpaint/outpaint the images etc., but you might get the basic idea of what I'm trying to achieve. The issue is the red node, which I know exists, but I don't know what it's called and which custom nodes I'll have to install to get that specific node.
Can you post your DAZ render please?