[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

fustylugss

Apr 14, 2021
This is great. Welcome to the gang.:) 72 hours isn't much though, if you meant that you just started. It's a good start though. Continue to experiment, this is how you learn. Read guides and watch tutorials. On the first page in this thread you can find links to some of the guides. Some of the info might be old, incorrect or made redundant at this point though. You can also simply use the search bar for this thread and filter for members, use my name Mr-Fox or Sepheyer, devilKKW, Jimwalrus, Schlonborn, Dag00th, me3, Sharlotte. These are some of the most active members in this thread (though I might forget someone) and we have all made guides or posted tips. You can learn from all of us. and are some of the most popular and active posters on youtube. They might not be the most knowledgeable or most correct but they are great at introducing you to a new tool or technique and show you the basics.

Thank you for the comment. I followed your steps and the youtubers you mentioned. I also took one pose from Dag00th.
Honesty, I am having trouble with making LoRa models . I need to do more research and make my own. Cheers !

Reactions: Mr-Fox

onyx

Aug 6, 2016
A stupid question... from the render previews it looks like it achieved the goal... but i think it crashed and didn't save the image... is there a way to figure out if. Am I wasting time waiting for something to move? Or is there something that. can I do to save what can be saved?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What size are you using (Width/height)? If you have it too high you're likely running out of memory.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
I'm getting closer at least, still struggling to make the actual body being fire. Whoever keeps saying that AI images is just throwing some words together really have no clue...
00127-3600585154.jpg
(at least she's hot...)

The downside of creating large HQ images is that you need to compress them to be able to post...which i guess kinda defeats the purpose.
Outpainting seemed to have not gone too badly
00041-1123893085.jpg

Reactions: devilkkw and Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Thank you for the comment. I followed your steps and the youtubers you mentioned. I also took one pose from Dag00th.
Honesty, I am having trouble with making LoRa models . I need to do more research and make my own. Cheers !
Ambition is really great but get proficient with SD first before you get into training a Lora. You risk burning yourself out of interest if you get into too many things at once. It really takes a while before one gets a handle of SD, even now that there are so much good information about it. Training a good Lora or Ti is yet another can of worms to get into. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to discourage you. I only want to help you not bite off too much at once. When you decide that you want to give it a go, watch this by Aitrepeneur to get setup, read the awesome post by Schlongborn, and this is the best info source, it gets updated on the regular. Don't use the settings by Aitrepeneur, copy the settings from the Rentry instead.

FallingDown90

Aug 24, 2018
What is your GPU and amount of Vram? This is the limiting factor for wich resolution you can use generating images.
How can i check the amount of vram?
Anyway i use parallel desktop on a macbook, i know it's crazy in fact in the future i will use my pc but sometimes it's necessary.

Thi is my Mac info:

In any case, even if slowly and with the difficulties you know (beyond various blackouts in the city) I obtained a satisfactory result.

I hope you appreciate it and that you can give me suggestions on how to improve the bugs you notice and the various inconsistencies with the prompts.
Also I would be grateful if you can also recommend me some useful extensions.

I leave you the render and some settings I used:

Render (sexual contents):
Settings and my Extension:

Once again, thanks for everything

Last edited:

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
How can i check the amount of vram?
Anyway i use parallel desktop on a macbook, i know it's crazy in fact in the future i will use my pc but sometimes it's necessary.

Thi is my Mac info:

In any case, even if slowly and with the difficulties you know (beyond various blackouts in the city) I obtained a satisfactory result.

I hope you appreciate it and that you can give me suggestions on how to improve the bugs you notice and the various inconsistencies with the prompts.
Also I would be grateful if you can also recommend me some useful extensions.

I leave you the render and some settings I used:

Render (sexual contents):
Settings and my Extension:

Once again, thanks for everything
The name of your GPU is Radeon Pro 560 4 GB. Notice the 4 GB, this is the amount of vram your card has. This means that you have low vram and this is very limiting. If you have a pc with a better card, use this instead.
Regarding the image and your settings.
To be honest I think you should choose a more simple image with a more simple concept. Example, only a character standing with the beach backgound.
Start without any Lora and only work with the prompt and checkpoint. Remember only one concept at a time to begin with. Structure the prompt. I usually go with: image style, image composition, description of the subject and clothing, then light and color etc, if any Lora is added put it on the end so it's easier to overview the prompt. Only use the positive for the things you want to see, don't use "no shirt etc in positive it belongs in negative. In the negative add the things you don't wish to see, remove the word "no" and add shirt and knepad etc here. Then when you have achieved something good, move forward. This is when you introduce the pose and work with the editor to refine it. Then introduce the masturbation, you might need a lora for the masturbation. Try to get the body with muscles etc with only the prompt at first. Only add the muscle Lora if you have to.
Don't use easy negative Ti or easy prompt etc, try to get a good result with the prompt first. Those are only bad shortcuts for lazy impatient people that have no clue imo. Maybe a bit harsh but I have never had any good result with these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: FallingDown90

me3

Dec 31, 2016
With being out they've at least reduced the size of the file to about half of 0.9
There's claims you need at least 12gb vram to use it, which we already know is a massive lie considering comfyui already ran it fine (and fairly fast) on far less. On my 6gb it used less than 5gb and didn't use too much longer than other models on the same image size etc.

Testing in a1111 is another story though. To LOAD the model you need a lot of RAM, not vram, without settings you probably need close to 16gb, for me it used close to 32, but that's probably a case of "take as much as is free".
Having OOM with generating, while i can load it fine, even with --medvram it OOM for me so far. Maybe some settings can be tweaked, but hopefully they can optimize things in the code as it clearly should work on much less vram usage (which the case of comfy proves).
--lowvram lets me generate images, but speed is a major issue....3,5-4min on a 1024x image...funny enough it only uses 2.9gb during so in theory you should be able to use it on pretty small cards...with a lot of patience

(updated: have gotten it to run with --medvram so that's possibly with just 6gb vram too)

Last edited:

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
With being out they've at least reduced the size of the file to about half of 0.9
There's claims you need at least 12gb vram to use it, which we already know is a massive lie considering comfyui already ran it fine (and fairly fast) on far less. On my 6gb it used less than 5gb and didn't use too much longer than other models on the same image size etc.

Testing in a1111 is another story though. To LOAD the model you need a lot of RAM, not vram, without settings you probably need close to 16gb, for me it used close to 32, but that's probably a case of "take as much as is free".
Having OOM with generating, while i can load it fine, even with --medvram it OOM for me so far. Maybe some settings can be tweaked, but hopefully they can optimize things in the code as it clearly should work on much less vram usage (which the case of comfy proves).
--lowvram lets me generate images, but speed is a major issue....3,5-4min on a 1024x image...funny enough it only uses 2.9gb during so in theory you should be able to use it on pretty small cards...with a lot of patience

(updated: have gotten it to run with --medvram so that's possibly with just 6gb vram too)
Tried the new XL model - at the moment it is very limited for support, most Loras and TI's won't work with it. However Dreamshaper has released an alpha of it's checkpoint for the new version.
Downsides - For faces at the moment you seem to be stuck with 1024x1024. Any variation in that very quickly gives you issues. I tried 1024x1536 and got plenty of 'horsefaces' :p Non-facial stuff seems to be fine however. Fingers/Hands are still a WIP, was hoping they had that fixed

Here's a closeup of a face I tried, was quite happy with the detail when I zoomed in

00007-4238320764.jpg

jberger990

Mar 10, 2018
Anyone know how to get hair like in the below picture? Blunt Bangs and Twin Braids doesn't seem to work. I'm at the point where I am trying to find anime characters with similar styles just so I can download the lora.

Dagg0th

Jan 20, 2022
Anyone know how to get hair like in the below picture? Blunt Bangs and Twin Braids doesn't seem to work. I'm at the point where I am trying to find anime characters with similar styles just so I can download the lora.
There is a guy on civitai with tons of Lora haistyles, I'll give you the link once I arrive at home but not sure if they have twin braided tails, you can try inpaint, and sketch inpaint, they give good results for specific stuff

Edit:

Here is the link but no twin braided, guess you have to inpaint or force it with controlnet

jberger990

Mar 10, 2018
There is a guy on civitai with tons of Lora haistyles, I'll give you the link once I arrive at home but not sure if they have twin braided tails, you can try inpaint, and sketch inpaint, they give good results for specific stuff

Edit:

Here is the link but no twin braided, guess you have to inpaint or force it with controlnet
How would inpaint work for that? just draw over the head and keep redoing until I get what I want?

Reactions: sharlotte

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Tried the new XL model - at the moment it is very limited for support, most Loras and TI's won't work with it. However Dreamshaper has released an alpha of it's checkpoint for the new version.
Downsides - For faces at the moment you seem to be stuck with 1024x1024. Any variation in that very quickly gives you issues. I tried 1024x1536 and got plenty of 'horsefaces' :p Non-facial stuff seems to be fine however. Fingers/Hands are still a WIP, was hoping they had that fixed

Here's a closeup of a face I tried, was quite happy with the detail when I zoomed in

View attachment 2804300
Even in the limited testing i got to do i noticed many of the same issues there's always been with "anatomy", it's probably better as there's more pixels to work with and training should hopefully fix more. I haven't had a chance to see if the refiner fixes any of the issues, with the need to change model and pretty heavy load on memory it's a bit of a pain with my low specs.

Upside, hopefully, is that there should be a reduced need for negatives and "simpler" prompts in general. Hard to say how well they've succeed on that front so far, but clearly it's not that bad a start in many regards

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Image is not very well suited at telling what kind of braid no "positioning" of them, but something like "braided pigtails" might work. For a full "cut", you might get close with a "bob cut with braided bangs"...hairstyles are often very affected by seed and some models are very limited in what they want to produce

devilkkw

Mar 17, 2021

6gb with --medvram not work, i'm just curius and downloaded it because everywere i see people enthusiast about it, but i'm not really a fun of this checkpoint(i saw some good result and some bad, like every other model). So i decided to try.
Unable to load model as standard, so i added --medvram and model load, but Expected all tensors to be on the same device is the result. Unable to generate any image, but not a problem, i hope to see some result here.

Reactions: Mr-Fox and Sepheyer

me3

Dec 31, 2016
6gb with --medvram not work, i'm just curius and downloaded it because everywere i see people enthusiast about it, but i'm not really a fun of this checkpoint(i saw some good result and some bad, like every other model). So i decided to try.
Unable to load model as standard, so i added --medvram and model load, but Expected all tensors to be on the same device is the result. Unable to generate any image, but not a problem, i hope to see some result here.
Update if you haven't got 1.5.1, also launch options like --no-half and no-half-vae cause issues for some.
SDXL comes with vae so you shouldn't need to load that anyway.

Reactions: devilkkw and Mr-Fox