2D Star Breed Art Designs (Game Project)

Like the art?

• Awesome! Keep going.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No, please don't make a game.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Hey, dudes!
I'm making a space war breeding game and I drew my first unit concept art.
This art is old I deleted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Here is the 2nd Unit: The Org. Has Orc and Elven origins. The Orgs use shields on their ships to break through enemy lines to board their big ships. Each Org ship would contain 4 org warriors (if I decide to implement ground troops, which would be awesome)
Org.png

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Which engine? Always keep a backup.
I'm building the game with Fusion 2.5 I wasn't able to restore it, sadly. But I'm rebuilding it. The game is a very simple concept right now. I had the spaceship combat mostly figured out before it got deleted, so that shouldn't be too hard to recreate.

Basically you have different space ships piloted by different races and each ship has it's own stats and abilities. Gatos are the basic soldiers, Orgs are the shield bearers which protect units from basic weaponry, Tarns launch missiles which can go through shields, Aants are fancy flyers that can Outmaneuver Gatos (I might swap Aants and Gatos ships since it makes more sense the other way), Squode are Kamikaze units who crash into other ships until they are shot down. So far the only Designs I've drawn out are the Orgs and Gatos.

I'm thinking about adding ground battles to it for when your troops reach the enemy mothership, that would make the game a lot cooler, but would also be way time consuming for me to implement since I'd have to make a whole slew of animations.

Those were the five basic races (I may do 6), then later I'm going to implement cross breeding and my goal is to get 15 different kinds of units. One for each combination. The story concept right now is about a male shapeshifting alien who takes over a star system to get the Goddess of War's attention. The system he is in has eradicated men and they clone themselves to produce. But the player's army is all produced through breeding with Queens (ship captains) that join up with him. At first they can only breed with the same race, but there are items that can change that for them.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Design for the Aants. Their multiple limbs make them able to pull off outstanding flying maneuvers. Relatively cheap to produce, a single Aant can take down quite a few Gato on it's own, but if they make one wrong move, an Aant is as good as squashed. Aants have a very low amount of HP, but they regenerate it very quickly. They can be taken out instantly by any powerful attack, but they can leisurely pester a weaker unit until it achieves victory.
AAnt.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Are you just making assets or do you have a patreon and a game up somewhere?

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Are you just making assets or do you have a patreon and a game up somewhere?
Thanks for asking!
I HAD part of the game set up, I had made 7 different ship units and had them all set up so I could put in the numbers of how many of each ship per team would be in a battle, and then I could watch the battle from start to finish. That is gone, but could be rebuilt in less than a full day's worth of work.
I don't have a patreon set up because I'm still not 100 percent set on making the game (meaning I could abandon it). It's not a huge priority to me right now, so I don't want money thrown at me until I actually have something. The game itself is probably going to be free and I'll let people donate after it's finished.

Right now I'm rebuilding what I had from scratch, and when I'm bored I make assets. If I don't end up using these I'll probably sell them to someone else.
I'm trying to keep the game from being too ambitious and focus more on it being fun and simple. I figure that way I won't get in a headache of what to do next. I'll try to get the basic gameplay built again so I can show how things will work. But for now, we just have these assets.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Alrighty, since Quarantine hit me and I've been mega bored, I decided to start working on this project again. I almost have the engine built back to what it was before. I want to add some more to it before I show anything off though.
It's been a year, so what's new? Well, I actually learned how to draw good, but I'll let you be the judge.
I redesigned the Orc Unit to look more like a pig.
Org.png
What do you think?
Also, I'm making this game using Fusion 2.5, I'm a coding novice, but I'm super experienced at using this program. First and foremost I want this game to be fun, second I want some good looking art, third good writing. :/ we'll see how I do, but right now I'm focusing on building the game mechanics and learning how do draw. This game is going to be a little similar to Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, but I want a world map and a lot of management mechanics, and if I can manage it, some breeding.
basically a Space Breeding War Simulator. XD Does that sound like fun?

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Kwid Unit designed.

The Kwid are a silent alien race that are perfect for warfare, do they believe death in combat is the highest honor? Why are they so eager to throw their lives away?
Their space ships are rockets that gradually increase in speed and then they ram through enemy lines. They are a suicide attack unit and most likely if you bring them into a battle, they aren't going to come out alive.

If I end up adding ground battles they are going to be a very swift swordsmen unit.

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
Sounds like an interesting project! Looking forward to seeing some concept renders of what the gameplay may look like!

Seems like you've got a lot on your plate, with the coding, artwork, writing and everything in between, but if I understood correctly, you had a bit of a whoopsie with the project files. I'd recommend you start using some sort of version control system like git so there's less of a change of doing irreparable damage to the project files.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Sounds like an interesting project! Looking forward to seeing some concept renders of what the gameplay may look like!

Seems like you've got a lot on your plate, with the coding, artwork, writing and everything in between, but if I understood correctly, you had a bit of a whoopsie with the project files. I'd recommend you start using some sort of version control system like git so there's less of a change of doing irreparable damage to the project files.
I finally rebuilt it all to at least what it was before (it's better now than then, I think). I basically have a demo ready for the battle system now, I just want to add a couple more levels to the demo and make a sandbox mode so people can have some fun messing around. So far I think it is very fun, but I'm going to want a lot of feedback and stuff from people.

My Gameplay Vision:
Objective - Free the galaxy from the supreme empress.
Overworld - on the overworld it plays out kind of like a board game, the closest thing i can think of is that galactic conquest mode in SWB2. You start as basically a pirate and you attack ships and factories to get money. There will be planets to buy recruits from, enemy bases...etc. Some
Space Battle - What happens when you enter a conflict (basically the only thing the current demo will contain). You send in your ships to battle with the enemy, whoever has ships left standing wins. If you lose, your big battleship takes damage.
Battleship menu screen - Where you manage your army, look at your stats, breed new soldiers...etc
Saloon/Shop - where you hire recruits, buy upgrades and items.

I want the game to be pretty simple and fun while also giving the user quite a bit of freedom on how they play the game. I also want choices that change which units you are able to breed so that each playthrough can be uniquely different. I'm thinking about making it a roguelike game, but making it fun comes above everything else. If I can't make a fun game I have no business making games.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Some more Unit Designs. (Units: Gato, Aant, Tarn) Thoughts?
Gato.png Aant.png Tarn.png
I'm pretty proud of the Gato.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I finally finished the demo for the battle system, it is very rough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pigfarmer

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
Just played through a couple of levels. I didn't suspect it to be this sort of game where your task is to decide of the fleet composition and let the ships do their thing. It's really cool though, reminds me of the Gratuitous Space Battles game or maybe even Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. Only complaint I have is that the text tends to go off-screen at least on my screen (1366x768 resolution), but yeah it's just a proof-of-concept so no big deal.

Are you going to include more adult content in the game, or will this be a gameplay focused project?

Looks great so far, keep up the good work!

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Are you going to include more adult content in the game, or will this be a gameplay focused project?
I want it to work in tandem really well. But priority wise, fun comes first.

I was thinking of having some animations eventually, I just want to make sure the game is actually like fun and functional first before I put too much effort into the other aspects of the game. I want to build a simple core game that I can just expand onto rather than be way too ambitious from the beginning like a lot of game developers are.

If I can't make a fun game, I have no business making games.

The adult content would come into play when I implement a breeding mechanic. It would be a very simple. a + b = c kinda thing to create new types of powerful units to counter your enemy's strategies. When you breed a unit they would have an animation. That was kinda the extent of what I had planned other than their standing cg images. But hey, I might do more, who knows?

It will tie into the story too.
probably the biggest main theme of the game is going to be cloning vs breeding. It's going to be a huge part of the story I have planned so far. The universe the game takes place in has replaced breeding with cloning and eliminated the entire male gender. This has thrown the universe into imbalance.
The main character is going to be some sort of shape shifting alien who has the ability to breed with multiple different species as he tries to end the age of cloning.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
How has the development of the game been going? :geek:
Nothing new yet, thanks for checking in!
I've been busy with my other projects this past month. (as well as some art commission stuff + still replacing the engine on my car)
I'm not quite sure how to code the overworld segment and the saving your game stuff yet, so I'm a little stuck there. :/ Once I figure that out I'll be done with the skeleton of the game and then game design is just adding new fun stuff from there.
One of my other passion projects has finally started to take off, so I'm probably going to be riding that wave for a while.
I will still work on this from time to time, but for now it's not high on my list of things to do.
I'm still unemployed from the virus, so yeah, gotta find a new job to survive and stuff.