VN - Ren'Py - Star Harem [Ep.2] [Stellar Traveller]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Beodurr

Great game so far I'm a big fan of star trek and this game really manages to pull of the star trek feel with its episodic nature. it manages a good balance between humor and story so far but it is still very early to say much about it. the characters are spoofs on familiar start trek characters again it is early but I will say I like what is here, they each have their own personalities and roles which should give plenty of room to grow. the renders are great with really sexy character models and some good animation. looking forward to more
  2. 3.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

If you want to just fap at occasional gorgeous render - this might be the game for you.
    If words like realistic story, or believable character actions, mean anything to you - this game is not it. It's a ridiculous comedy based on Star Trek, where absolutely every female, be it navigator, officer, or enemy - is a semi-naked bimbo with areolas on display.
    Some renders are beautiful though, so there is that. Girls are also mostly hot.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

R4ck00n

A really promising game, with truly good graphics and animations. The parody genre is refreshing, fun and open to a lot of posibilities. And the characters are well made, cannot wait to see the updates!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Mutation8888

Good humor and good attempt at sounding Star Treky sometimes. Scenes jump rather abruptly and transition badly at times. Female models are a bit too rough. Skin looks like sandpaper in some scenes (trying to make realistic models with imperfections went a bit off base and took it too far). Sounds were good and spaceship visuals/effects well done. Trying to represent the female android with a grooved and painted face and half a head of hair makes her look rather unattractive.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for Ep.2

I'll start this review by saying I know next to nothing about Star Trek. I like sci-fi in general and this happened to catch my eye so I figured why not. I can't speak to how close it is to source material, but if you're like me and are thinking about trying this despite all that I suppose this review is for you.

Being candid, the first episode was kind of mid. Had I only played that I think I'd have a much worse outlook on this. There's two problems that I ended up finding being pretty consistent. The first: accessibility as a non-fan of Star Trek.

This game is very apparently made for the people who are fans of the series. It kind of throws you into the thick of it with all these terms, races, history, etc without explaining any of it to you. As a player I just didn't really know what people were talking about half the time outside of guesses based on context. Now on one hand I think this is a good thing. It would be annoying if the game stopped every five minutes to explains things to you like a child. But on the flip side I'm left drawing blanks on a lot of elements of the setting. What this really needs is a codex. Something giving me blurbs of information about all the different star trek terms and lore that keep cropping up, because there is a lot of them.

The other and more serious issue was pacing. The game moves a mile a minute in the first episode. There's no... fluff is maybe what I'd call it. The game cuts super fast between all the key events that it ended up feeling more rushed than anything. Similar to how it doesn't tell you about Star Trek terminology, it also doesn't tell you much about the characters. As I said, you're thrown into the thick of it. You're already a seemingly seasoned captain with a crew full of characters that all have these established relationships. Once again going to me as player, I know nothing about them. It feels like I'm missing context for a lot of things. It's not as if the context doesn't exist either, but it's all happening off screen it seems. There's something to be said for showing and not telling no doubt, and I'm not saying I need their life stories out of the gate, but even a couple quick lines about these characters would suffice.

Episode 2 was a huge improvement. Both the problems I mentioned are still present, but everything I was liking about the experience felt like it started to shine through a bit. Despite not knowing much about the characters, they do have personality. The writing doesn't feel incompetent. It took time for some smaller scenes that did favors in fleshing things out a bit. It started to give me that info I was looking for. It made me feel a lot more hopeful about it to put it simply.

Beyond that the usual things to mention are that the renders look nice, the characters models are hot, and I love the sexy space suits honestly. Sex scenes suffer from that same problem of being too short and fast paced, but the animations were fine. I always like when a game has appropriate music and sound effects as well. I also think the little cut scenes at the beginning of the chapters are a nice touch.

I still think there are improvements to be made, and I honestly think the game would really benefit from a rework of the first episode where it eases you into the experience and tells you a bit more about everything going on/introduces you to the characters more. Still, if this keeps improving as it has, I can see it turning into something pretty solid. There's definitely potential.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Hadron-5

Story 5
    Characters 4
    Writing 5
    Graphics 5

Surprisingly good Star Trek spoof, excellent graphics, and well written characters / story round out this worthwhile AVN. It's difficult to believe this is a first attempt by new devs.

Story
    Classic Star Trek episodes with sexy twists. If you've seen the show you will know what to expect, and probably also what the twist is going to be. And why not? Star Trek has some great stories, excruciatingly well suited for a sexy twist (except Sisko, cause fuck DS9 that's why). I can imagine a young virile Kirk making all the right choices in an AVN like this, with his signature out-of-place pause in the dialogue to befuddle and annoy his enemies.

Characters
    They're good so far, not much more to say. This might change as the story unfolds. I really like that there's no 4-hour background dump of every story and detail for each character and they can develop organically instead. A good choice that respects the reader's intelligence and perception instead.

Writing
    Writing is solid, and matches the Star Trek feel well. More than that, the text and imagery go well in hand, which keeps reading purposeful but not excessive, though it may be premised on the reader having some prior knowledge of Star Trek. Ep 2 also shows promise of a delightful wit, and the humor is right on.

Graphics
    Very high quality in both renders and animations. Great job.

It is worth noting that Ep 1 is good, while Ep 2 is great. The first episode cuts too fast, and feels like some scenes are missing in between the larger events. Ep 2 does not have this issue (it is also more contained story-wise so that might be it).

The only concern is that it's taken some 9-10 months for these two, rather short, episodes to come out. This game is likely to be abandoned several hundred years before it's finished if the current pacing is maintained.

With all that said, excellent job so far! Best of luck to the devs, and I truly hope the pacing can increase because I would love to see more of this AVN.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Thasic

A good Star Trek spoof. Really good so far. Characters look good. Story is interesting. Follows some TNG story lines. Sex scenes are excellent, sexy, erotic and good animation. Short so far but still worth a look.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Daskar69

The artwork is excellent. Plots are clearly related to Star Trek, which is enjoyable. It's currently a visual novel, with no real choices to make. I didn't notice any grammatical or spelling errors. There are a lot of characters that have been introduced, but only a few so far have any interaction or depth.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

___abbas___

This game has it all

- Wonderful renders, their quality is top-notch

- fluid and beautiful animations

-music

-decent writing

- it's still early to judge the story but a space captain with a gorgeous harem what could go wrong

-even some achievements

all in all a 10/10 first release if managed well it can make it to the top 5 games on this site
  10. 5.00 star(s)

cloakinchain

I am looking forward to more updates, I really love what I have seen so far. The animations are nice, the plot looks promising too. I was also pleasantly surprised to see some "familiar" characters. This also reminded me that I have a thing for Trills
  11. 5.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

More like StarTrexx: The Sex Generation, amirite?...

:FacePalm:

...Anyway, this is a brief but good starter to what could become a great Adult VN. It's got:

1. Interesting concept and hook, with the game is parodying classic Trek and throws in a sexy blonde version of Q early on
    2. The renders look nice and clean. The models look good.
    3. The sex animations look nice and smooth
    4. UI work goes beyond the basic renpy VNs
    5. A bit too early to comment on the story or character development for now. Will need another chapter or 2 to see where the dev goes with this.