deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
I think I'd be happy by having a friend (or something) to play one of the sides, that way it could be less annoying probably
Or at least holding corruption to 30 not being so strong in stopping aura from being able to do shit

Reactions: MAD6999
Dec 2, 2022
If you're roleplaying both sides then the Aura side would also need to optimize by never using remove her collar, avoiding as much lewdness/corruption/vice as she could, and never triggering a pink scene. I'm not saying it's not heavily biased toward losing, but that's also just the game in general.
For the record, there are pure runs of this game, they just don't mesh well with trying to optimally corrupt the main character. Corruption vs non corruption choices often seem to be worse when you don't take the corruption choice, but there are usually hidden positives to taking the non corruption choice, or long term consequences you have to deal with from taking the corruption option. From what I have seen, most people aren't trying to roleplay both Alicia and Aura acting optimally when they play. The game tries to accommodates a bunch of different playstyles, which I appreciate.
That and also there are ways to basically offset nearly all corruption. Blessed water and the like can get you pretty far if you play efficiently in the middle game. Honestly, the hardest part of the run is having the money for the water and the spells you need to learn. since some of them are a guaranteed 2 corruption because they take so long. Then again, you can basically be done by day 50 if you try hard and get lucky.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there only going to be two endings? A pure ending, and a corrupted ending, or has there been an update on Patreon that expanded on the planned endings that I've missed.

Dec 2, 2022
Basically yes. For 1.0 there will be a pure and bad end. Maybe some small stuff for the in between.

But they also have said before that 1.0 won't strictly be the end of development. (though IDK if that is still the plan)

A common enough request is an end where you ditch Richard but still be corrupted. So here's hoping.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there only going to be two endings? A pure ending, and a corrupted ending, or has there been an update on Patreon that expanded on the planned endings that I've missed.
I would like to add a bit more information that Beta didn't cover. At one point you got the clear gem once you reached an end of content area for the first time. Aura-dev was getting concerned that it was getting to be too much work to access the gem, and was considering adding an early ending where Aura was turned into one of Arwin's maids. He instead decided to just give the clear gem at the start of the game. That was by far the most information we have been provided about what to expect from endings.
Based on how the game is designed I would expect most of the post 1.0 endings to either be extensions like that or to come from side areas that are added that don't complicate the main story too much. Any endings that would be based on differences in mental changes would be considerably more work to add because right now the corruption ending is just going to be completing every mental change before Aura reaches the Roya ending. An ending where, as a random example, Aura ends up corrupted but ditching Richard would require a not insignificant rework of the corruption system. Right now Richard is influential in way too many changes for him getting dumped to make much sense. I'm not saying there's no chance of the second sort of ending, just that the amount of work required for one is significantly more than for the other sort.

Luau

Jul 16, 2019
A consequence of the good world-building is that there are a lot of potential end states, premature or otherwise. Just off the top of my head, in addition to the Pure Good & Evil ends you could easily have:
-Maid End (Arwen)
-Maid End (Trademond)
-Demon Queen Aura End (Aura kills or otherwise supplants Richard but remains corrupt)
-Mary End (Mary persona takes over more aggressively, reforms the cult in Trademond)
-Roland's Bitch End ('nuff said)
It's just a lot of work to design, write, and implement all of them, and they would work better as patches probably anyway

Dec 2, 2022
I would like to add a bit more information that Beta didn't cover. At one point you got the clear gem once you reached an end of content area for the first time. Aura-dev was getting concerned that it was getting to be too much work to access the gem, and was considering adding an early ending where Aura was turned into one of Arwin's maids. He instead decided to just give the clear gem at the start of the game. That was by far the most information we have been provided about what to expect from endings.
Based on how the game is designed I would expect most of the post 1.0 endings to either be extensions like that or to come from side areas that are added that don't complicate the main story too much. Any endings that would be based on differences in mental changes would be considerably more work to add because right now the corruption ending is just going to be completing every mental change before Aura reaches the Roya ending. An ending where, as a random example, Aura ends up corrupted but ditching Richard would require a not insignificant rework of the corruption system. Right now Richard is influential in way too many changes for him getting dumped to make much sense. I'm not saying there's no chance of the second sort of ending, just that the amount of work required for one is significantly more than for the other sort.
You say it would be a lot of work, but half the corruptions are in a pseudo-order. So you could probably get away with a single or small number of triggers. Like 5/7 specific corruptions or even just a Point of No Return corruption. It doesn't strictly have to be complicated. Me personally, I want something like if you get into the final corruption chamber but don't finish it, you get a dump Richard end. (Or better yet have there be a final corruption when you finish all the current ones that allows you to dump him for Alicia)

Obviously that wouldn't be as intricate as some would hope for. But if it is hidden properly behind the dev curtain most players (that don't look up how mechanics function in detail) wouldn't realize how simple it is.

That said, I will be more than happy with whatever we get. Even if I hope for a dump Richard end. I honestly see him as the fakest "human" in the game. Dude gets lucky or bets on the protag winning and acts like he's the greatest thing ever. I desperately want some way to keep him from winning over Aura even as she fully corrupts. Especially since he basically sits on his hands all game and lets Alicia do all the leg work, lol.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
You say it would be a lot of work, but half the corruptions are in a pseudo-order. So you could probably get away with a single or small number of triggers. Like 5/7 specific corruptions or even just a Point of No Return corruption. It doesn't strictly have to be complicated. Me personally, I want something like if you get into the final corruption chamber but don't finish it, you get a dump Richard end. (Or better yet have there be a final corruption when you finish all the current ones that allows you to dump him for Alicia)

Obviously that wouldn't be as intricate as some would hope for. But if it is hidden properly behind the dev curtain most players (that don't look up how mechanics function in detail) wouldn't realize how simple it is.

That said, I will be more than happy with whatever we get. Even if I hope for a dump Richard end. I honestly see him as the fakest "human" in the game. Dude gets lucky or bets on the protag winning and acts like he's the greatest thing ever. I desperately want some way to keep him from winning over Aura even as she fully corrupts. Especially since he basically sits on his hands all game and lets Alicia do all the leg work, lol.
The semi-open order of the events wouldn't really help with why it would be a lot of work to add an Aura dumps Richard mental corruption ending. It's the fact that Richard is woven into so much of Aura's IRL corruption.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Having alternate versions of the 'good' ending where Aura reflects most of the mental changes could be an option, but I feel like that isn't how it's planned, and it would be a lot of work. Having a partial corruption version of the 'bad' ending triggered in the mental world doesn't really work. That pretty much leaves the mental world having an alternate route added as a way to add an alternate IRL 'bad' ending. That would probably need major reworks for the happiness, key memories, and values rooms, along with changes to the relationships, appearance, and knowledge rooms and new scenes for non-Richard versions of many IRL scenes. All of which would be a lot of work.

If Aura-dev decides to work on that sort of thing I would be all for it, but I'm also trying to temper expectations due to the work required to do an alternate IRL bad ending well. I also understand how you feel about Richard. I'm not keen on Richard or where Aura's personality is going. On the other hand, they both fit pretty well as 'demons' without any of the softness that many modern interpretations tend to add to 'humanize' the demons.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
So... I've reached the boss of Money Domain, I can't beat it. And I also know I'll just game over at the end of the day anyway because of corruption.
Is this save file just useless now ?

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
So... I've reached the boss of Money Domain, I can't beat it. And I also know I'll just game over at the end of the day anyway because of corruption.
Is this save file just useless now ?
You can try the cheat engine here to reduce your corruption, it's one of the first variables. It's possible to make the Arwin fights (there are 3 back-to-back) trivial with purification + collar removals, but you might not have enough Perika to do it every time if you already removed the collar that day.

Dec 2, 2022
The semi-open order of the events wouldn't really help with why it would be a lot of work to add an Aura dumps Richard mental corruption ending. It's the fact that Richard is woven into so much of Aura's IRL corruption.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Having alternate versions of the 'good' ending where Aura reflects most of the mental changes could be an option, but I feel like that isn't how it's planned, and it would be a lot of work. Having a partial corruption version of the 'bad' ending triggered in the mental world doesn't really work. That pretty much leaves the mental world having an alternate route added as a way to add an alternate IRL 'bad' ending. That would probably need major reworks for the happiness, key memories, and values rooms, along with changes to the relationships, appearance, and knowledge rooms and new scenes for non-Richard versions of many IRL scenes. All of which would be a lot of work.

If Aura-dev decides to work on that sort of thing, I would be all for it, but I'm also trying to temper expectations due to the work required to do an alternate IRL bad ending well. I also understand how you feel about Richard. I'm not keen on Richard or where Aura's personality is going. On the other hand, they both fit pretty well as 'demons' without any of the softness that many modern interpretations tend to add to 'humanize' the demons.
My point was that while a lot of the changes are about Richard it would be simple enough (if perhaps a bit overly simple) to make it where if you have enough of them for the changes to be quite extreme but not enough of them to be totally locked into Richard as opposed to any ole alpha asshole type, then you could have a semi-bad where you aren't with him.

Obviously, I don't expect that to be in the cards. It is just my wish.

My real wish if I had a genie lamp would 100% be an Alicia/Aura end. She seriously has been with our protag every waking moment and has done like 95% of the work. (The other 4% belongs to Roland, leaving Richard a scant 1% or less) And her backstory and history as a close friend makes me really really want an end where the two of them fuck everyone and ride off into the sunset. Though I do hope/wonder if the pure/good end will have some measure of redemption for her.

Also I am super curious to know how the game will end when you get to certain points like breaking up with your BF but finishing the Roya part before you full corrupt. I haven't actually made it that far in my current game yet. Because it takes a while to see all the irl scenes and I had to restart fairly recently.

Johnnyaxxxe

Jul 21, 2023
Anyone have a lewd path save file after chapter 2, around where you unlock the Ugliness circle in the happiness room? I killed the drug dealer on accident and tried to unfuck it and broke the game.

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
It is my first time playing, I wanted to know if the hard difficulty is recommended so that the game is a challenge and corrupts faster or it is not worth it, and to know what the nightmare difficulty is like.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Bug report for aura-dev

On Day 1 in Roya, when you get the quest to bring the anti-envy potion to Jacob's farm, you can click on the cross that marks the burial place of Jacob's wife.
You can, at the cost of 25HP, unearth the «anchor». I was curious as to why you would use such odd wording, so I decided to dig. Was rewarded by a crash:
(Playing the Mac version)

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
I think I'll try to go for a hard mode ironman, no blessed water but also no hoarding corruption, see how far that gets me... (only savescum on the first days cause they kinda boring and on bosses cause just beating them with the collar is lame)

3.90 star(s) 165 Votes