VN - Unity - Abandoned - Star Maidens [Ch. 2 v0.2] [Banana Juice]

1. 4.00 star(s)

GleenXstudio

Gorgeous characters in a quite boring story

A promising game with very good aspects and some that needs some improvement.

--- CharaDesign - Renders :
    The renders are top notch, really close to the best you can find here. The characters are different, have some personnality. Maybe a bit too many characters right at the start, after 2 chapters, you met at least 10 different girls, it seems hasty and then you don't get to know them enough

--- Story - Background :
    The writing is so so , there are mistakes but it is 'readable'. For now we don't really see where the story is going, there is a bit of mistery, a bit of humor...but so far it is not very interesting

--- Animations - Sex :
    Anima...what ??? What's that ??
    Thanks god the renders are great because you will only get that :)

--- Gameplay - Contents :
    The mechanics are traditional VN with some choices that will not really change your story, they will just give you more or less "points" with girls
    However there are some mini-games (like the chemistry lesson or the basket ball game) that are a good change of pace and pretty fun.
    The sounds/music are well done and fit the scenes pretty well

-----
    I would have a warning to make regarding the structure of chapters :
    The chapters ends at a strange moment which doesn't make sense at all.
    I don't think it is a good idea to cut the chapters in the middle of events or scenes like it is the case now (both chapters 1 and chapters 2 end abruptly, and you are like : wtf ! why is it over now ? nothing happened)
    I would advise to not neglect that part, because it does not make people want to wait for next chapter.

This game has the graphism to be a potential 5 stars with a bit more consistency on the character developpement, story and animations.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

grobulos

ok, i playd this because i hope i have a nice game here for the Evening. its a typical VN, choices are there, no matter wich consequences. other choices other Pictures.

Gameplay: Not exist only VN, choices = Pictures other Girls 3/ 5 Stars

Art: By the rate of the Art inside of this Game i can say its very beautuful, like playboy, not too "dirty". the Title is perfect for the Art because is awesome, sound and Background absolut perfect 5/5 Stars

Story: Omg... Its written we inspiering old school iconic works...thats ok for Modeling, the Story get bored because very old System of princess need hero plus girfriend pls sister plus hot Mom. No Chance, Chaos 2/5Stars

Motivation and at the End: Normal i would give 4 Stars because the Art of this Game will fix all Lack of Story and the VN basics. BUT, i give 3 Stars because of Bugs inside of Game, Language change without reason. If you can not read your language inside of a VN, it makes no sense to play this game
  3. 5.00 star(s)

enigmator2000

The game has very big potential. The graphics are very good like milfy city level. If an artist will creates equally good moving scenes, like in a milfy city and at least a good plot, he can earn a lot of money.

I'm not a programmer, so I do not know how complicated it is, but it would certainly be very much if the game had smooth moving scenes.

fingers crossed
  4. 4.00 star(s)

JoJoTheJo

This review is of the chapter 1 demo. As of now, it shows a lot of potential but has several large flaws.

Visually, it's beautiful. An easy 5/5, both to the quality of the renders and the design of the characters. It is also well written, in the sense that there seems to be a story behind it which is not identical to every other VN on this website. There are different characters with different characterization beyond mere stereotypes.

However, the writing can also be seen as quite poor as the English is very bad. It's comprehensible but at best sounds very weird and at its worst, sounds downright ludicrous. I know it can be hard for a non native speaker to write in English, but the bottom line is if you're making a game meant for international players of all countries, you need to write it in an international language like English. I'm certain if the team had a proper translator the dialog would all be good, but right now it's very, very weird.

The other major flaw is the platform. This is a unity game with no possibility to rollback and an atrocious save system which only saves the beginning of a chapter (even if you perform the actual save at the end of the chapter, the save will be of the beginning and when you load it you will be at the beginning). Add that to the fact there's no skip function, and quite a lot of choices which can decrease or increase your relationship with other characters and you get a very frustrating experience. If you want to make a good choice you have to constantly load and reload, and each time takes forever because you have to basically replay everything from the beginning of the chapter.

I would say right now this game is 3/5, with a potential to be 5/5. The reason I'm giving it a 4/5 is because the dev seems to be very active in the forum and is listening to suggestions, therefore I believe he will make the necessary improvements to make this game a 5/5.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Evil Dr Porkchop

voice acting is good, renders good a save system alone is worthy of 20 points,interface is really nice.Only starting off but even so I'm pretty impressed with the effort that's been placed into this

Highly recommend at least trying it out