Ren'Py - Star Periphery [v0.5.1] [VoidPilgrim]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Azagorod

Popping my review cherry with this one, because it's one of the very few games that really, really deserves a clean 5 stars.

It is a bit niche, being about a femboy MC who gets boned on the regular by curvy futas, which makes it even better for me. I am not used to games of this caliber for this specific fetish of mine, so this one stands out even more so than it would normally. The game is full of gorgeous renders, every futa is unique and serves a different fetish/preference of mine, the game is immediately and throughout sexual without any hour-long pretext, while still keeping a very good pace for storytelling, worldbuilding and character development. My only (very minor) gripe are the grammatical mistakes, which however don't impact the game at all in my opinion, even though they are fairly noticeable.

If you didn't already do it, I'd recommend supporting this dev on Patreon as well, since I feel that this is one of the few games that really deserve it.
    For the future, I'd hope to see maybe some animations, but just the dialogue and the renders are more than enough for me for the time being. Other than that, it really is a perfect game to me. Cheers!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

PistoleroPapaco

Excellent renders.
    Story is just about as good as femdom stuff can be, but it's varied in tone enough get me looking forward to more content.
    If my financial situation was better, I would definitely support their patreon.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Nidawa

short for now but what's there amazing and i really look forward to the thing hinted at. looking forward to more from this game and especially chastity with iris. i can't really think of any bad points except the length and that's just because it's an early build.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

johnman300

Frankly its all better than it has any right to be. Its a title with a very niche playerbase. The MC is a subby-femboy in a game with super dommie fems/futas. If that isnt your thing, dont play it. Its not really mine either but i played it anyways since it looks really nice. And I must say the renders are beautiful. Really amongst the best on the market. The backgrounds are stunning and the girls are stunning and... thicc. Like really thicc. Also... giant futa cocks. Like an aggressive amount of big futa dicks. Again, if thatss not your thing, just stay away and don't complain about it.

The sound effects are well done as well and the story is... good enough with just a few grammatical oopsies. I just chalked it up to futuristic sightly off future English. It wasn't bad at all though.

Honestly, the game is exceptionally well done, and like I mentioned earlier, better than it has any right to be. I have no idea how the Dev is monetizing this game as the 3D assets have to cost him a pretty penny and it show. The bucks are on the screen. Good luck VoidPilgrim with your game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Stravaganza

First game I've reviewed, couldn't not.
    The graphics are amazing, the story so far is entertaining and open ended (which is a good thing as it feels like a" choose your own adventure").
    I'm in love with this game, simple as that, please keep it coming.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Kurtak

Awesome update, if you have the money to support and wondering if you should sub, lemme tell you that if you are into futadom/thicccness its 100% worth it, best game that Ive played from this genre period, just the writing itself is really well done and with those renders on top youll lose your mind :love:
    And its only the 2nd release, absolutely mind blowing what is there to come.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

k3arda3

The best written and looking game about futa domination IMO. Not many scenes so far but the potential for something great is HUGE.
    There's a lot of sensible and mature interactions, especially for this genre/theme and it makes for a much more believable and immersive experience.
    Hope the development continues.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5265335

The tale has great renderings so far. I think it's great that the protagonist is a cute little futa cock magnet and that the futas are strong powerful Amazons, as they should be. eagerly anticipating the upcoming update.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 869046

Yes, yes, and yes! Has everything I've been looking for in a sci-fi/fantasy futa game. Good images, storyline is already pretty good. Clearly well thought out and planned, with a goal in mind of where to go. Very excited to see how this develops!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Leonave

Excellent!

Very, very clean renderings!

Interesting and well written scenario.

Characters with well written personalities

A lot of content.

And above all, a good rhythm for the story!

Can't wait to see the sequel!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Juicetown

It's still early in development but I already love everything about it. The setting, art, and characters are all great. One of the best male on futa games I've played in a long time! Highly recommended if you are a fan of the genre.

Keep up the good work!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Renonymous

Review for v0.1. Seems to be 1-2 hours of gameplay so far with lots of "Coming soon" placeholders.

The soundtrack, setting, graphics, and story tone all combine to give a sort of spacepunk vibe. If you're a fan of high sci-fi or space pirates, you'll probably get into this game's vibe.

There's a bit of an exposition dump at the beginning, but the fun method of delivery and the content of the world being exposed make it hard to be mad. The characters sometimes feel a little similar because of them all being overtly dominant, but their dialogue is still well-written.

The few sexual scenes in the game seem well-paced and spicy.

Overall, this game is doing everything well so far and I'm eager to see more of this world/universe.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Spideroth

If you like chicks with dicks then this is the game for you. What an excellent start to a vn it hooked me right in with the gorgeous girls and fun world building. I can't wait for updates it's a big (y)from me.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

don.shakalov

[v0.1 review]
    This game has very little content yet (more that enough for the first release though), but I feel compelled to write a review. This is one of the coolest games I've discovered in the last several months or so. Hot futa dommes, cute and submissive femboy protag, great scenes, no grind (yet) -- what's not to like? If you like femboy games like I do, you MUST check this out.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

StevenD90

(v0.1 - 10/10)

Awesome! The story is fantastic so far, and the renders are excellent as well. You can obviously tell how much effort the developer put into it. I'm excited to see where this game goes. I'm eagerly anticipating the next update.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

niennunb

(First release) Awesome game ! More content than most first release, with a good preview of future gameplay.
    We already get some content without rushing things, the renders are great, the models are hot, I'm hooked !
  17. 5.00 star(s)

logicalnoise

Hottest start to a futa on male game in a long time. I'll be supporting this on patreon. Models are hot, MC is already into it which is hot. I'll take HQ renders over bad animation any day, the writing is hot enough. Eager to see this project soar.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

crimsonvitriol

Star periphery puts it's best foot forward by giving the player a look at it's early gameplay loop as well as a number of well made sex scenes as well as promising future futa goodness.

I hope development continues, this game looks like it's shaping up to be something like futadom world for people who aren't schizophrenic and frankly i think I need a little bit of that.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

elhombreconqueso

Edit 6/12/24: Everything about my original review stands, but I now (currently) have two problems with the game. One, the pace of development has become increasingly spotty. This is understandable as the updates have had more content than the first 2 did, but the dev has missed his deadlines twice now and this time it is by a large margin. I get it, but I'm still not going to let it slide since this is the slippery slope that these games die on. He has recently switched to working full-time on the game, so if this problem ceases in the future then I will update this review accordingly. The second problem is much smaller and is basically just a nitpick, but the sex scenes are really starting to feel samey, and I don't just mean because they're all futadom scenes (which is what you want if you're here). It's like the dev is only capable of writing one type of sex scene, and it's a good one don't get me wrong, but it's starting to get a bit old. I don't really know how to explain it, so I'll just leave it at that. Star rating is changed to 4, but I'd put 4.5 if that was an option. Again, the game is still great, but there are some cracks showing compared to my original 5/5 opinion.

(Original review)
    Just started and already one of the best futa-on-male games I've ever experienced.
    - The writing is far above average (outside of a few stilted bits of grammar, not sure if VoidPilgrim's first language is English)
    - The art is great with multiple renders per scene showing changing facial expressions, slight alterations in position, etc,
    - It's early on so we'll see where it goes, but from the start there's an actual focus on story and worldbuilding, not just mindless smut
    - The few sex scenes currently in the game aren't just placed haphazardly, there's actual build up to them/actual reasons they happen (blowing Ginny because you owe her money, working alongside Lise and getting hot and bothered, etc) and importantly you can avoid/deny them, which makes submitting to the scenes even hotter since it's an active choice
    Overall I'm very impressed with the game, and it's only the first initial release. If this level of quality is maintained then this could easily be the best game in its genre.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

pussyslayer69

amazing start so far great sci-fi setting and extremely good-looking characters and renders. The only flaw that this game has, that keeps it from being perfect is the lack of animations so hopefully, it gets animations later on with more support and time.