2D Starting a new 2D Game. Thoughts on art style?

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
No idea. we didnt consider age and she might not even be in the game. it was just an attempt at finding an art style we liked. though obviously all chars will be 18+

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
That's kinda like summertime saga (cant figure the name right now). You gotta work on the proportions, don't wanna sound harsh but the face,butt and tits look weird.

I suggest looking at other games art styles and see what people want, BUT always remember that the you guys gotta figure your own style and be proud of it.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Thanks! The butt is weird you are right. I dont see what is weird about the tits or face. Obviously the tits are very exaggerated in size but that was intentional.

Here is an updated sketch of the main character.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I'll bump up this one last time with an update to see if we can get anymore feedback. Here's the current progress on the style. Once we are happy with all the characters we will begin making all their poses and do backgrounds and rly start building up the game.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
We are happy with the art style and the game is now well underway. We expect v0.1 to come out in two weeks. It is an incest game. Here are the son and mom in the car having chat.

I'll probably make a new thread for the game once we wrap it up in 2 weeks. Thank for the feedback on the art.

SillyGoose69

Mar 2, 2019
Love the art style. Its similar, but not identical, to Summertime Saga which is a good thing. I'm not an artist myself, but I've noticed with a lot of these 2D games that the milf characters are drawn to look younger than a mom really should look. My one piece of feedback would be to maybe have older characters show their age more. But again, I'm not an artist and it would just be a personal preference thing on my part. Either way, looks nice and can't wait to try it!

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
SillyGoose69

Thanks a bunch for the feedback! Which characters are you referring to? From left to right on this banner is: svalley banner small.png
Aunt(Rachel)...Cousin(Hannah)...Player...Mom(Sarah)...Nurse

Do the two adults look too young or just one? Feel free to specify what aging traits you'd like to see. We appreciate it greatly!

Also for those wondering; we do plan to have a sister but she hasn't been drawn yet and won't be in v0.1.

Feel free to join our discord we opened up today :)

SillyGoose69

Mar 2, 2019
Not being an artist, its hard for me to say with any certainty what features would work well with a 2D art style. I feel like laugh lines and crows feet could work well to convey age. Maybe that can translate to 2D well? Not all forms of facial wrinkle look that attractive though, so I could see how it might end up making them look a little goofy when drawn. I kind of feel like it would be best to keep them hot but visibly old is all I'm getting at. I feel like the Mom is a little young looking but still good especially from the angle in the car. Something about that angle conveys her age a bit better to me. The aunt looks fairly young in my opinion. But then again, there are many women in their late 30's/40's that don't have many visible wrinkles and that might be the style you want to go with. Proper breast sag is another feature I think is good to have, which it looks like you nailed from the topless mom pic.

I'm really just spitballing here and don't have anything too specific. Just a fan of milfs really.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Not being an artist, its hard for me to say with any certainty what features would work well with a 2D art style. I feel like laugh lines and crows feet could work well to convey age. Maybe that can translate to 2D well? Not all forms of facial wrinkle look that attractive though, so I could see how it might end up making them look a little goofy when drawn. I kind of feel like it would be best to keep them hot but visibly old is all I'm getting at. I feel like the Mom is a little young looking but still good especially from the angle in the car. Something about that angle conveys her age a bit better to me. The aunt looks fairly young in my opinion. But then again, there are many women in their late 30's/40's that don't have many visible wrinkles and that might be the style you want to go with. Proper breast sag is another feature I think is good to have, which it looks like you nailed from the topless mom pic.

I'm really just spitballing here and don't have anything too specific. Just a fan of milfs really.
Thanks. I've brought it up with the artist. I agree she looks too young but was unsure if that was what people wanted. Luckily its not too late to change as we are still in early development.

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Not a ton of progress this week but hopefully the next couple weeks will bring some actual scenes as we wrap up the characters look. pretty happy with the current style.

I am fucking in love with her !!! Oh my God, her titties !!! How we can support you ? And when we will see the beginning of the first chapter / release ??
But it's true that she need to be more older, 45-50. Could be awesome !

VIVA INCEST !!! :love:

402462_aTlZhAe.jpg

Reactions: Pippone and alu35

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Mom and Son Glad you like it! We are hoping to release v0.1 by the end of September. We are waiting to create a patreon because we wanted to have a playable game version that people can try for free before they decide to support us. So please stay tuned!

Thanks for your interest. If you want more sneak peeks and give us feedback you are welcome to click the discord link in my signature. :)

Reactions: Mrs Delington

Fpm180

Nov 14, 2018
Oh wow!! Finally a dev who listens to us.
I am actually looking forward to see and play your game, specially when it's related to milfs. Actually I like your way of designing the characters. But I see that there is a lack about the flish, I think that the milfs look great but they somehow skinny to their age. Second, the clothes type in the milfs should be like what a real milf would wear, not like a teen. I know that I am not in the position of giving you some instructions about the drawing, so excuse me. (Sorry for bad English)