2D Starting a new 2D Game. Thoughts on art style?

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017

Hey guys! We are fast approaching release day. We were aiming for end of September but it took more time than we anticipated. We will get much better at predicting how long it takes us after a few updates.
So how much is left? Not that much! Two hard scenes need to be drawn and animated. It will be our first time animating so we are hoping it goes smoothly. We really want to make sure that you guys are happy with both scenes especially because of how story driven v0.1 is. We know that some of you want to skip through the dialogue and go straight to the action so we’ll make sure to deliver on it.
Additionally, we have two backgrounds to draw and a handful of character facial expressions. That’s really about it for the game-play. Lastly we need to design a logo for the main menu and website. It will also help us with promoting the game to others who haven’t heard of us yet.
Before I wrap up this update I thought we’d share the aunt and mom’s faces which both have been aged a bit based on feedback. They looked a tad too young so now they should feel more realistic while still being hot!

1570478829198.png

We will try our best to wrap up everything this week as soon as possible. Thanks for reading and we hope to see you in Sunshine Valley real soon!

Reactions: Ying Ko and Pippone

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for the feedback Fpm180 . The clothes are going to be generic clothes for this first update. We are not going to change their clothes each day or anything like that. This is because drawing different clothes would delay the release of v0.1 and we want to release it quickly.

After that, we will go back and update everybody's clothes and poses, stuff like that.

We also did make the mom and aunt look a bit older in their face based on feedback we got here. Here is the update on that:

I'm sorry I don't know what "flish" means.

Also here is a quick update for everyone: We applied to Patreon for creator status and are awaiting their approval. We also finished 96% of the first version. All that's left right now is: Add more frames of animation to the hscene and add 2 more backgrounds. So we are getting very close. We wanted to release in September but it was too soon. Animating a hscene turned out to be very time consuming so we'll be more aware of that next time. Thanks for your feedback and patience :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs Delington

Fpm180

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying me. I meant more curves and thick bodies to the old ladies (milfs) . You know that when I say milf I am imagining something like this Screenshot_20191011_204016.jpg Screenshot_20191011_203945.jpg
I know it's a 2d game I should not be attaching a 3d game milf but I think that's the real meaning of the word milf. By the way these pictures from Foot of the mountains game.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
It is a bit late now to change a character's body type because we've already finished the process of creating them and at this point we are days away from v0.1 However I actually think you will be happy with the mom. She has really big breasts and butt and comparatively has a thin waist, although she has more curvy than the aunt. The aunt is a fitness and wellness "freak" she will be very much into stretching and massages ;)

Based on the screenshot you shared, i think you will like the mom's naked body. Although in your picture her waist is proportionally unrealistic so our proportions will be a bit different there for mom.

We will be sure to ask the community for feedback on the character bodies when we add new characters again. Unfortunately you came to the thread a little too late fpm180.

The sister has yet to be drawn too. The girl in the pictures i posted is the cousin.

Also good news! Patreon has accepted our application so it is now technically possible to support . Though, we will probably wait until we finish v0.1 before we advertise our game to everyone. Thanks a lot for the kind words and support :) !

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
It is a bit late now to change a character's body type because we've already finished the process of creating them and at this point we are days away from v0.1 However I actually think you will be happy with the mom. She has really big breasts and butt and comparatively has a thin waist, although she has more curvy than the aunt. The aunt is a fitness and wellness "freak" she will be very much into stretching and massages ;)

Based on the screenshot you shared, i think you will like the mom's naked body. Although in your picture her waist is proportionally unrealistic so our proportions will be a bit different there for mom.

We will be sure to ask the community for feedback on the character bodies when we add new characters again. Unfortunately you came to the thread a little too late fpm180.

The sister has yet to be drawn too. The girl in the pictures i posted is the cousin.

Also good news! Patreon has accepted our application so it is now technically possible to support . Though, we will probably wait until we finish v0.1 before we advertise our game to everyone. Thanks a lot for the kind words and support :) !
Don't change anything about the body ! The aunt in the other game is not realistic. Plain boring skin, not textured, non sense waist, even her tits are not enough big, realistic or interesting. Continue your nice work.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Apparently the link doesnt work if you arent logged into patreon. I didnt know that. Doesnt matter I am now creating a post to let every1 know and the link will be there. hold tight!

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
have you abandon the project?
Yes. The artist got a career job offer he couldnt pass up and understandably took it. And i was in charge of story and programming but I can't do art so I could not continue on my own. Sorry!

• Sad
Reactions: Zkorey