• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Starting completely new game help

Bob121

Jun 11, 2017
Does anyone know how to delete all the saves on a Ren'py game? On one of the games on this site, the download has a pre-existing save on it. While I can delete the saves in the game folder and the app data folder, I can't seem to make it so everything is unread. This is troublesome as it's a kind of game that requires multiple saves and I want to know if I miss something or not.

tldr: How to make everything "unread" in a Ren'py game?

U

User_886295

For me it usually works by starting a new game deleting all saves reloading the game and then you shouldn't have any saves but If it dosnt work you I would love to help best I can.

Bob121

Jun 11, 2017
For me it usually works by starting a new game deleting all saves reloading the game and then you shouldn't have any saves but If it dosnt work you I would love to help best I can.
Yeah, I deleted everything in the save file

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
On Windows 10, Ren'Py stores its save files in the following folder :

C:\Users\<your_user_name_on_the_computer>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\<Renpy_game_name>

If you delete everything in the last folder, it should also reset all your saves for that game.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: trkyrk