Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Alexia's expressions are great. The whole cast is very well animated, but her reactions, supported by awesome expressions just make her a prime target for teasing.

Very well done!

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Things can get really fun when the proofreader is 'murican' and the dev is Irish and a bit dyslexic like I have with AO over on Sluttown. Its one thing to respect the spelling conventions that happen in the rest of but hilarity often ensues when he does writing while tired or otherwise altered and does an oopsie. For example, "patience" and "impatience" can get turned into " ", "patients" or even "patents". The regular writing has tended to improve their condition over the years.

In the UK and Australia (where Xav lives) it IS Civilisations NOT Civilizations. Civilizations is American. When in Rome...

Other words they spell differently include colour vs color, armour vs armor, humour vs humor, whilst vs while, flavour vs flavor, neighbour vs neighbor, labour vs labor and so on... this is by far NOT an inclusive list, merely an example. Not all English is American. We altered it to suit our own purposes here in the states. Folks abroad find our spelling just as foreign looking to them but neither is incorrect.;)(y)

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i know its the same Dev but is Stellar Crossroads an upgraded/Updated version of Callisto? because it feels the same and almost have the same races

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
stella.png
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? Explain like I was a 5 year old. NVM didn't have coal

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

LordDreamWolf

Jan 17, 2020
i know its the same Dev but is Stellar Crossroads an upgraded/Updated version of Callisto? because it feels the same and almost have the same races
Steller Crossroads is a continuation of the Callisto universe. There are already several references to the Crew if the Callisto in the game already. Steller Crossroads is 200 years in the future. I'm a member of Xavster's dev team and we do slip little Easter eggs in here and there.

To address those that do not enjoy the mining/refining/manufacturing mechanics in the game. All I can say is that this is the direction Xavster's wants this game to go in and after the manufacturing process is implemented the story should take center stage in the update. Xavster is already putting ideas to use on his team for future story arcs and asking for our ideas as well.

I hope the Majority of you enjoy our hard work.

Logan DreamWolf

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Selling ore seems buggy to me.

I've sold gold 3 times, first time it went through fine but the next 2 cost me money.

I'd managed to grind my way back up to 1.022.456 and then I sold my third batch of gold ore and i'm not on 984.000 I don't know why selling gold cost me nearly 40k.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
The only games here I tend to keep and play over and over are ones like this where they are a game first, and 'action' later. Personally, love the direction. That said, I'm not really going to play it much until the game elements are complete. Keep up the good work.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
When does update end? Or should I keep grinding till next update? Dev should put a quest file so we know what to do,peeping into each room daily kinda boring especially when you can't even get a handjob. I also like sky's hair when they found her, she looked hot now.....no comment.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
When does update end? Or should I keep grinding till next update? Dev should put a quest file so we know what to do,peeping into each room daily kinda boring especially when you can't even get a handjob. I also like sky's hair when they found her, she looked hot now.....no comment.
Once the events stop, the update is officially over. I forget which event was last... maybe Lyra's nocturnal visit and her subsequent talk with Alexia in the hall? Not sure, really. Once the events are completed you can fall into an infinite loop of daily mining and refining production with the opportunity to play chess with Skylar every night. I would recommend continuing the regular daily activity for a few days at least. I carried on through day 181 and still may make a few more runs before the next update. Once the scene options go to routine, how long you play to fill your warehouse is totally up to you. I would recommend playing through long enough to take all of the refinery upgrades at a minimum. I'm including a couple of screenshots below to show my current progress as an example...

Hope that helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Screenshot 2023-05-14 154500.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 154534.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 154615.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 154641.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 154807.png
100% legitimate gameplay, zero cheats... Let me know if you need a hand, my friend. There is a method to this...

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Once the events stop, the update is officially over. I forget which event was last... maybe Lyra's nocturnal visit and her subsequent talk with Alexia in the hall? Not sure, really. Once the events are completed you can fall into an infinite loop of daily mining and refining production with the opportunity to play chess with Skylar every night. I would recommend continuing the regular daily activity for a few days at least. I carried on through day 181 and still may make a few more runs before the next update. Once the scene options go to routine, how long you play to fill your warehouse is totally up to you. I would recommend playing through long enough to take all of the refinery upgrades at a minimum. I'm including a couple of screenshots below to show my current progress as an example...

Hope that helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
View attachment 2621346 View attachment 2621348 View attachment 2621349 View attachment 2621351 View attachment 2621352
100% legitimate gameplay, zero cheats... Let me know if you need a hand, my friend. There is a method to this...
Is lyra night visit where the 2 pirates come?haven't got alexia in hall, also how do you get rid of the waste my thing is almost full,also how you sell stuff is that from contracts thing?

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is lyra night visit where the 2 pirates come?haven't got alexia in hall, also how do you get rid of the waste my thing is almost full,also how you sell stuff is that from contracts thing?
It's either the night before the pirate visit or the night after, not the same night. Apologies, my friend, I have scrambled eggs for brains these days it seems. Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If weak memory serves, Lyra's nocturnal visit comes last... Oh hell. Let me take a look. I have a boat load of saves!

Well... this is why I checked... pirate visit is night time of day 35 after night with Lyra, night 32... Both occur while I was still running iron and coal in the blast furnace prior to any upgrades... Still playing from the day after Lyra's night time visit...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On to the recommended upgrades...
I am still refining iron from ore/coal in the blast furnace at this point. That gave me enough credits and iron billet to build the concentrator. Running sand through the concentrator gives you silica, titanium ore and Rutile to make Zirconium. You need 100 tons of zirconium billet to make the Arc Furnace which does NOT require coal to refine ore. It runs off of the station's atomic power. You also need 50 tons of copper billet so Maive should keep hitting Mintaka 2 for coal to process what you need for the Arc Furnace. So, I had three upgrades at that time; Sand Concentrator in the refinery and the Mule's upgrades for hold capacity and drilling depth. This is a point in the game where I am spending resources just as quickly as I can produce them. I held off on purchasing the bin upgrades for the refinery at that time as well. I let the remaining iron ore process with Maive's daily haul of coal and swapped out to sand in the concentrator and alternated making Zirconium, Titanium and Glass with the sorted sand. It's times like these when you really want to pay attention to the refinery. As soon as Bin A is empty of Iron ore, I start sending Maive out for sand, in fact, I should burn through this last 49 tons of iron ore today, day 41... I need 20K to purchase 1000 tons of coal so, coal she gathers until that bin is full, then she heads out for sand. I can sell off the glass and titanium billet to buy the 50 tons of copper billet for the Arc Furnace. Okay... day 42, 198 tons of raw coal, iron ore depleted, sending Maive to mine me some sand! Best site? Bestla 2!!! So, we are off for Bestla 2!
Screenshot 2023-05-14 191937.png
Day 45, a few sand runs and zirconium billet production is active. 100 tons of zirconium billet, combined with the 50 tons of copper billet I just bought once my daily earnings piled high enough along with 2K of my remaining 4.5K credits and we have the Arc Furnace!!! That saves the nagging task and/or expense of maintaining a supply of coal and I am still running on only 2 bins in the refinery. Note: You can select a preference of what to produce with the concentrator, silica is the most even, I chose Rutile while running to obtain the zircon billet. Just click the gear icon and the choice menu appears. There is a preference for titanium and a setting for none/no preference. Where you set that preference depends on what you need to produce and can be changed any time. This is the same for the blast furnace, arc furnace and purifier. You must ensure that you have the correct selections in place to produce what you want to make. Just follow the supply chain through the various machines and make sure what you want to produce is showing as active in green.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 192900.png
Day 46, I got my 100 tons of zirconium billet this morning, over that, in fact. Time to upgrade to the Arc Furnace!!! I tapped out my current supply of rutile making all that zircon billet so since I still have coal for the blast furnace and silica, I'm making glass there and set the arc furnace loose on my stash of titanium until Maive's daily stream of sand and the concentrator catch up and give me more rutile for zircon... Once we sell off the glass and titanium, maybe fulfill a contract with that through Alexia, we'll send Maive out for copper and nickel, then eventually back for more iron, sand and then some gold as well. THAT is why I keep going and going with this like the Energizer Bunny! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I only need 50 tons of nickel billet combined with 100 tons of iron billet (which I have at present) and 5K credits which I'll have by tomorrow, just selling fuel. Current bank on day 46 after upgrading to the arc furnace is 4730 credits. And, that makes ALL of the 3 major refinery upgrades in 50 days or less, without going broke or having to buy a lot of resources. The 50 copper billet would've added several days to amass due to needing to mine both copper ore AND coal. So, I opted to buy those. It cost me a little over 12K credits for the copper and it was worth it to save what would likely have taken another week...
Screenshot 2023-05-14 193408.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 193613.png Screenshot 2023-05-14 193818.png
The slides above show the arc furnace currently upgraded as well as the arc furnace starting up on titanium billet production and the blast furnace chugging away on the silica to make glass while burning through the remaining coal. Still running on only 2 bins in the refinery at this time. The additional 5 of 7 possible bins only require iron billet and credits to upgrade which is much easier done once you have the arc furnace up and running. Maive is still hauling sand until the coal is gone, then we go get the nickel ore... Just a few more days and all major upgrades will be in place! :)

Okay! Day 48, Maive hit Aoede 4 for Nickel ore! Huzzah, almost at goal, the iron is easy... This is the best nickel source available in the game. 16% is the maximum purity, I found 5 of 6 probes at over 15% and the odd one at 14.5%. Better than I had even hoped! The Purifier is almost ours!
Screenshot 2023-05-14 201150.png
Day 49, sent Maive back for more nickel and started refining nickel billet in the arc furnace...
Screenshot 2023-05-14 201612.png
Crap... called it in 50 days or less... Day 50 we have 29 tons of nickel billet so looks like I'm a day behind my prediction. Still upgrading to the Concentrator, Arc Furnace AND Purifier by day 51 is a fair accomplishment. I just gave you all the step by step you'll need to do this for yourself. See you there...
And, in my best boxing announcer's voice... ding, ding! Weeeeee haaaaave a Winner! By knock out in the 51st round, PapaPhat!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Screenshot 2023-05-14 202627.png
Will continue with nickel production until until Maive returns with a fresh load of iron this evening. Need some more iron billet for the extra bins. I had enough to pick up number 3 of 7 on day 51 so it won't take much longer and will add the last few upgrades to the mule as well, 2 more probes and increased rate of mining production. That will run me 18K of which I currently have 10K so taking the 2 new probes today and will ad the rest of the bins and rate upgrade for the mule later in the week... that is if I hadn't already been through all of this twice... well three times now having needed to refresh my memory to assist my friend. Hope this helps, my friend :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
After playing with the 0.31 I have a couple of suggestions:

I've been doing the mining grind in the background while watching other content like that thing that Russia refuses to call a war. This can cause absentmindedness and a tendency to forget whether the mining ship has an active task. It would be nice that if I wander back into mining hanger and Maive is already on a mission and I haven't advanced time yet, the scene should replace her dialog scene with a summary popup that Maive is continuing with the active prospect on planet so and so with X ore, Y purity and Z max purity and would I like to replace the mission.

Time advance should have a journal popup with a summary of results from the mining ship at the prospect (eg X tons of Y ore) coming back. That should include a status of whether the refinery is setup to throw that into a holding bin already or not. There should be a summary of refinery activity with tons going in and out and billet counts, refueling activity with ship counts and total profit/loss for the period.

Changes in reputation could be tracked better. Right now mc has to surf that faction rep maze, but this one thing would be much better shown with an additional reputation summary single page that could be off of time advance and show trend arrows. I'm not clear how much an effect closing contracts has on the associated rep, but it's bound to be something, right? Wouldn't gassing up Boss Hogg's hoop dee and a refill of their go cup also have an effect?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no clue what to do, trying to do iron billets but either iron ore or coal ore runs out and no help from save editor since if ores are there then hidded well.

Reactions: chicho1958

jayeddie1008

May 20, 2020
So i have coal stuck in the export bin that I can seem to sell for some reason as it isn't an options. Not sure how to get rid of it. Any suggestions.

jayeddie1008

May 20, 2020
no clue what to do, trying to do iron billets but either iron ore or coal ore runs out and no help from save editor since if ores are there then hidded well.
You need to have enough bins to hold both iron and coal and then just keep having Maive mine for both it while you have the furnace making the billets.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You need to have enough bins to hold both iron and coal and then just keep having Maive mine for both it while you have the furnace making the billets.
well 2 bins but no idea how to make her to mine both iron and coal.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
well 2 bins but no idea how to make her to mine both iron and coal.
It's not that hard. Just visit her every morning and set course to an appropriate planet for mining your desired mineral. You start with 2 storage bins so you can send her to an iron mine two days in a row and then to a coal mine the next couple of days, or as you see fit to keep the furnace running and feeded, and that's it.

So i have coal stuck in the export bin that I can seem to sell for some reason as it isn't an options. Not sure how to get rid of it. Any suggestions.
The export bin has a blue bar on the right side, just click on it to set the selling level at that of your reserves. It will be sold that night.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes