Ren'Py - Stellar Dream [v0.52] [Winterlook]

1. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.50 version
    PRO:
    - good art
    - acceptable code
    - good ui
    - author have some finished games in portfolio and zero abandoned. thats mean - high chance for that game be finished (srsly, how many authors have such results?)
    - most of choices stored in variables, thats mean future save compatibility after update.
    NEUTRAL:
    - only near 30% game done by code/story
    - preg is planned, but now its just a placeholder cuz ***_rel must be higher than 90-99
    CONS:
    - most of choices stored in variables, that also mean this is not only an forteil, but also a nachteil- u ll spend huge amount of time by tracking consequences of choices,
    - game have problem in structure- they separated by expedition. as example- u must start quest with doc BEFORE expedition, but that quest unfinished, so u ll got FAILED quest AFTER expedition. aaand when doc`s quest ll be finished in next updates, u ll load ur old save aaaand u ll miss content from that quest and ll got some future problem with doc.
    - no w/t, guide or faq. but thats rly needed cuz most actions have many consequences, even sinple item like ration or cookie is important(srsly- read the code!)
    - currently karma stat is useless

just a good game, but dnt use save from previous versions- u ll miss content or got some bugs in future
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MILFFF

I may agree with some of the reviewers regarding lesser character depths. At the same time, I like the art style. Although shallow character developments, but animations, milf seductions were right to the point. I really enjoyed the progress the game makes over time and how the relationship is built over time and how it transforms into lust were really well made. Best of luck to dev. Anyone who wants to enjoy some good animations with good storytelling, go for it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.49

The dev's previous game, Shelter, didn't capture me much because it was a essentially just a mindless fuckfest with shallow writing. Has that changed with Stellar Dream? Not at all. But I pretty much had that expectation going in.

Where Stellar Dream does do better than its predecessor is in embracing its sandbox nature. Make no mistake, this is still very much a fuckfest with near non-existent character/relationship development and overall simplistic writing that only just manages to be serviceable for me. But the fact that the games seems to be embracing that nature more has turned this from an ignore to an honestly enjoyable game when I'm in the mood for something like it.

It's much more open. You have a lot of freedom in who you want to pursue and when, while seemingly having a couple different routes for almost every character (though I didn't fully explore them). The art is the real saving grace here. It feels much more polished and consistent, and just looks good in general. I'm liking the character designs and the aliens thus far are really hot (bonus points for a snake woman tribe). It is nice to have multiple ways to handle things.

The sex scenes are fine, but the dev's use of condoms in a bunch of scenes is actually ass. The animations, while nice to have, also feel choppy to the point of being jarring sometimes. I'll also say I don't like that the conversations are basically structured as playing 20 questions every time you interreact with someone. Kinda annoying after awhile.

I'd recommend this only if you're looking for a sandbox fuckfest with nice art and want a base level of context/setup for scenes. Lovers of deep characters and writing will not find that here.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

lilipip

S.H.E.L.T.E.R. was an amazing game, the only thing it was lacking were animations, but now with Stellar Dream, you have a better game, and it's logical due to by time the developer gets more professional. Something that I would like for him to improve, is the quantity of production. He could become one of the bests devs it only depends on him, investing the money you earn in order to create more animations and develop more parts of the game would be the best option for him. but without a doubt we are in fornt of one of the greatest game ever created by a human being, the story its just marvelous.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jyk

Great game, lot's of fun content with different paths and options for people to choose what they want to see - can actually make choices that lead to different paths and affect the story, and there isn't really much you're forced to do so if you don't like something or a character you can easily avoid pursuing them. Great art and the grammar is good too, overall a really great game so if anyone has spare cash please support the devs!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Gronkard

Great art, great progression, and an interesting variety of characters.
    good corruption vs romance mechanic.
    looking forward to see this game get more and more content.
    Still a very worth playthrough even though its a fairly new game with less content than other games.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

—BigDiK—

The art of the scenes is very good. If you don't look at the animation. These are just a few frames. Very low level. The story is not bad.

It's a bit of a grind. It is not clear when it is day and when it is night.
    The characters are pretty hot.

Let's see what will happen next.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2617872

Loved it , played through it 5 times and it was fantastic.
    Also from the same creator I recommend S.H.E.L.T.E.R.
    You can corrupt or just be romantic also , amazing anyway.
    Oh and it has a gallery that lets you replay every scene.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Zed6669

The artwork is great and the story is good so it has potential especially if the issues are adressed.
    One being the condoms >< and a very slow lewd animations that are made up of only a few frames, which makes the game pretty much unfappable unless you are a 12 year old.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

paintcabinet

Excellent so far! The art is fantastic, and each scene has several images. Easy to use interface, and the dialogue and characters are well written. The skill point system is well made and feels rewarding without taking too long. all in all pretty good!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Ateler5

Ok, I don't leave reviews often, but this game deserves one.
    If you played the previous game from the developer this one is basically every good thing about S.H.E.L.T.E.R plus a bunch of upgrades.

+ The art is godlike as always.
    + The variety of girls is high enough to please different tastes.
    + This time the developers decided to go all-in with different species adding alien humanoid and monster girls which is fckin great.
    + You have different paths for most of the characters.
    + The sex scenes now are animated, even though it's still not a fulltime high framerate animations, more like 4 to 5 frames. And the scenes themselves in general are longer and have a better variety of poses.
    + The pacing for the incest content is great.Your mother and sister don't throw themselves at you 10 minutes into the game. That's the thing I also liked about S.H.E.L.T.E.R and I expect this aspect and relationship building in general to be great in this game too.
    + Finally the UI and general navigation is great. A rare sandbox RenPy game where moving from point A to point B and doing quests doesn't piss you off.

= The combat system is ok. Nothing revolutionary that makes you want to play the game just for the battles but it's not bad either.

– The only con I can think of is if you're into hardcore fetishes like forced sex, watersports, humiliation and so on this game doesn't have this type of content and probably won't, as it's something S.H.E.L.T.E.R also lacked and It seems that the developers are not into this kind of stuff.

To conclude: a great game, imo one of the best on this site. Can't wait till the full release. The fact that's there're 3 (!!!) planets makes me hyped for the amount of content the developers are aiming for!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

whotheff

Excelent game with a nice story, low grinding and unique visuals. For those of you who would enjoy having sex with humanoid aliens at least. So far I like the story and how gradually it progresses. The only thing I would like to see in this game is more content!
    Many thanks to the developer!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

lostraven

Anyone familar with Winterlook's work knows what to expect, I imagine this will be more of the (high quality) same.
    It's enjoyable, art (to me at least) is good/hot, gameplays fun, and they seem to have expanded on the scope of their usual concept.
    -Needs more content, but strongly worth keeping an eye on.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

iron4doves

This game probably deserves 3.5 stars today. There is quite a bit of sex, art, story, and mechanics but you don't really max out any prominent characters yet. I need a slut I've impregnated bouncing on my cock lol. However, this dev's previous title S.H.E.L.T.E.R. is one of my favorite games ever. The art style and gameplay of this title seems to be quite similar while telling a completely different story. I love it. I am confident this will be a 5 star game in the future and am giving it four stars out of good faith.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

DenimRat

Gameplay
    Controls: A clickable map, with both keyboard and mouse controlled dialogue and combat.
    Interface: Ren’py interface for dialogue. There is also a stat menu, inventory system, quest log, a location changer, and messaging system. Late in the game there is also a combat system with typical controls.
    Writing
    Plot: Simple but good.
    Characters: Everyone has different needs and wants. Most characters also have multiple paths.
    Typos: Few and far between.
    Art
    Models: Models are well drawn.
    Animations: A little choppy but still well made.
    Background: As good as they need to be.
    Audio
    Music: They fit the genre but aren’t really special.
    Effects: They do their job.
    Voices: N/A.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

messerschmied

Absolutely fantastic art, good dialogues, sexy and beautiful characters. Main story is intriguing, side stories are interesting and enjoyable as well. I really loved it. Can't wait for the next updates.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

zeo_Zeo

Honestly this man is a god. Not only has he been making amazing games nonstop, he makes these games with such a deep lore and an amazing art style. So of course i am giving it a 5 star review. Although it is sad that i cannot submit a higher review for it.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

CorwinFr

As said by my brothers in lust the art and development style will be close to "shelter" and "fate of irnia", two beautifull games. If you dont like them you can give a try to this one afterall.

Anyway to resume this version, 0.25, is very promising, there is a consistent story, with many choicie, a character creation system and you can guess a story where you will be a hero or build your harem on domination.

In any case with a lot of kinky content :)

Pros :

Love this art
    Skill system and patch choice
    Consistent story and art

Cons :

Messy map / Time of the day / Action possible in each area

At this stage I will folow and support this creator to see where it goes !
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Midolite

First off I would like to say that I played "shelter" and "fate of irnia" and the latter was the most interesting one to me.

In any case this game is in the same
    veins than shelter art style wise but the "direction" seems to be the same too, at least for now.

As of update 0.2 the game already have some content sex and story wise, noting exceptional but it's still better than some, for a 0.2.

What is to be expected from this game if I refer myself to past entries:
    -quite a bit a different choices.
    -probably at least two different path per characters
    -hopefully impregnations (what?? as humans we're programmed to find it hot, it's not my fault xD)
    -and last but not least a bit of lore to make it all hold together

"his" or "her" games are not the longest but there're efficient and the formula seems to get refined with each new title so if you haven't already gave it a try you might be in for a fun ride.

If there isn't enough content there for you, try the ones I referenced in the beginning of my review it's made by the same dev.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Megane_Kuroe

one of the best games I've ever played, very good graphics and a good story, not to mention the erotic scenes that were very well done I hope this game continues and its creator doesn't want to cancel it out of nowhere. I can't wait for the next versions.