Stick with what I love or follow the money?

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
Hi everyone. First off. I really enjoy this forum. It's the most professional forum I've come across. With that said, I have a question.

I make cuckold, step mom and cheating hotwife comics. I enjoy these categories because I'm pretty good at it. (At least that's what my lovely patrons tell me). However, I've been presented with an interesting opportunity to create transsexual comic stories. Basically, a lot of content that has females with dicks. Chicks with dicks are a popular genre but I personally like creating things I can get off to. That's the only way I know if it's good, lol.

If I create these type stories, I'll have a website that's already established to sell them to a audience that desires them. And I won't need to rely solely on patreon. But, I don't relate to those kind of comics. I've read so many cuckold stories. I think we all know someone who's been cheated on so sticking with the content I make makes more sense. My market isn't huge because it's not crazy taboo but I really enjoy creating realistic situations through my comics.

I don't know. Any opinions on this?

Here is a pic of my models. I like showing them off.
Cuckold Hotwives .png Summers Pin-up.png

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
If you stop enjoying what you do it starts to feel more and more like work. Plus, if you're really not into it, you likely won't be doing as well. I personally like Futa content, but I'm really particular with it and generally have a hard time finding things I like in it, so as someone who would be in your potential audience, I'm saying don't do it unless you're really into it.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Your personal enjoyment plays a big role in your ability to follow through and produce quality work. If your heart isn't in to the content you're being asked to create, it's probably best to politely decline and stick to what you're passionate about.

Reactions: 3DC

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
If you stop enjoying what you do it starts to feel more and more like work. Plus, if you're really not into it, you likely won't be doing as well. I personally like Futa content, but I'm really particular with it and generally have a hard time finding things I like in it, so as someone who would be in your potential audience, I'm saying don't do it unless you're really into it.
Thanks for the reply DarthSeduction. I needed to hear it the way you put it.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
Your personal enjoyment plays a big role in your ability to follow through and produce quality work. If your heart isn't in to the content you're being asked to create, it's probably best to politely decline and stick to what you're passionate about.
Makes total sense. It requires 70 to 100 pages so it will start to feel more like work than pleasure for sure. I appreciate your response uradamus.

Reactions: uradamus

SylvaStudios

Aug 5, 2018
I personally agree with the above statements...and from my personal experience, I will point out one or two things for you to think about.

As I said before, I agree with the above statements, basically I feel that you should do what you enjoy doing, it's like they say, if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. However, if you worked on new content in a new genre, it could be a good thing too...it will challenge you as a author to explore new genres, you'll be touching on a potentially a bigger target audience.

But now with that being said, it could also go horribly wrong, you'll be creating content that you yourself are not familiar with, potentially abandoning your current crowd and if you are just after the money, you could also wear yourself out, because if it's not something you enjoy, it becomes a job, maybe even a job you don't like anymore.

As much as you work for your audience, I personally think that if you stay loyal, not only to your audience but to yourself, people would appreciate that too. In the end, the choice is ultimately up to you, but if I could suggest, maybe stay with what you're comfortable with and as a side hobby, touch on new grounds...see how it works out, see if you get a lot of hits, but without losing too much focus on your main genre.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, but I hope it helped you in some way or another. Keep well and best of luck to you, whichever path you decide to go on.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
I personally agree with the above statements...and from my personal experience, I will point out one or two things for you to think about.

As I said before, I agree with the above statements, basically I feel that you should do what you enjoy doing, it's like they say, if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. However, if you worked on new content in a new genre, it could be a good thing too...it will challenge you as a author to explore new genres, you'll be touching on a potentially a bigger target audience.

But now with that being said, it could also go horribly wrong, you'll be creating content that you yourself are not familiar with, potentially abandoning your current crowd and if you are just after the money, you could also wear yourself out, because if it's not something you enjoy, it becomes a job, maybe even a job you don't like anymore.

As much as you work for your audience, I personally think that if you stay loyal, not only to your audience but to yourself, people would appreciate that too. In the end, the choice is ultimately up to you, but if I could suggest, maybe stay with what you're comfortable with and as a side hobby, touch on new grounds...see how it works out, see if you get a lot of hits, but without losing too much focus on your main genre.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, but I hope it helped you in some way or another. Keep well and best of luck to you, whichever path you decide to go on.
Hi Sylvia. I appreciate your response. You made great points. Before I made this post I was thinking of creating a new genre on the side to expand my creativity and make a few extra bucks. But, I enjoy what I'm currently doing so much I don't want to take the focus off of my current content.

I get a high from creating video comics that my audience enjoy. From reading your response and everyone else response, I'm on the right track. I'm deciding to stick with what I know. One day I may explore more but for now I'm good. Thanks for helping me stand firm on my decision.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hi everyone. First off. I really enjoy this forum. It's the most professional forum I've come across. With that said, I have a question.

I make cuckold, step mom and cheating hotwife comics. I enjoy these categories because I'm pretty good at it. (At least that's what my lovely patrons tell me). However, I've been presented with an interesting opportunity to create transsexual comic stories. Basically, a lot of content that has females with dicks. Chicks with dicks are a popular genre but I personally like creating things I can get off to. That's the only way I know if it's good, lol.

If I create these type stories, I'll have a website that's already established to sell them to a audience that desires them. And I won't need to rely solely on patreon. But, I don't relate to those kind of comics. I've read so many cuckold stories. I think we all know someone who's been cheated on so sticking with the content I make makes more sense. My market isn't huge because it's not crazy taboo but I really enjoy creating realistic situations through my comics.

I don't know. Any opinions on this?

Here is a pic of my models. I like showing them off.
View attachment 136234 View attachment 136235
Why not combine the two? Cucking futas are a genre unto themselves. Can't hurt to try.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
If you did decide you want to give it a try, it might be worth gathering up some quality offerings that focus on that content and take it in for a while to see if it strikes any chords with you. Tastes change and evolve over time. I know for me personally, I wasn't too into things like futa or monster girls say 5 yeas ago or so; I wouldn't have ever even considered checking out trap content at the time. But these days those can be among some of my favorite when I find really good examples of them. I'm not just into anything that falls into those fetishes, but enough so to put in the effort to mine for those diamonds in the rough when the mood strikes me.

Another point worth considering is that if you do do the job and it gets popular, for better or worse, people will start to associate you with that content. In which case you may lose some fans and gain some you don't necessarily want to support with further works involving fetishes you don't share. But you can be sure if enough people enjoyed it you will be approached again to produce more of it.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
Why not combine the two? Cucking futas are a genre unto themselves. Can't hurt to try.
Thanks for the response Jerricho. When I find extra time aside from what I'm currently creating I don't see the harm in trying something new to see what's on the other side. You're right, cuckold and futas stories has a genre together which is why I've considered it. But I don't know when the time will come to put effort into futas content. I am however happy to have options.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
With so many others already beating me to it, I won't go too deep into this, other than agreeing with the above comments. If you aren't truly passionate about what you do, then you will and your work will both suffer for it. Stick with your gut and do what feels most natural for you.

B

BigWamanHunter

@Cuckold 3D Comics...... I am glad u chose to do what u enjoy.... And i personally hate futa

I guess i don't have anything to add here wrt your question..... I agree with whats been said.... I checked some of your stuff in 8muses.... Fun reads but those boobs n ass were a lil too big for my taste but that just me.....

You might wanna share some of those sample comics here..... Publicity to your patreon and more fap materials to us perverts:angel:

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
With so many others already beating me to it, I won't go too deep into this, other than agreeing with the above comments. If you aren't truly passionate about what you do, then you will and your work will both suffer for it. Stick with your gut and do what feels most natural for you.
Thanks Agent HK47. Your response is appreciated.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
If you did decide you want to give it a try, it might be worth gathering up some quality offerings that focus on that content and take it in for a while to see if it strikes any chords with you. Tastes change and evolve over time. I know for me personally, I wasn't too into things like futa or monster girls say 5 yeas ago or so; I wouldn't have ever even considered checking out trap content at the time. But these days those can be among some of my favorite when I find really good examples of them. I'm not just into anything that falls into those fetishes, but enough so to put in the effort to mine for those diamonds in the rough when the mood strikes me.

Another point worth considering is that if you do do the job and it gets popular, for better or worse, people will start to associate you with that content. In which case you may lose some fans and gain some you don't necessarily want to support with further works involving fetishes you don't share. But you can be sure if enough people enjoyed it you will be approached again to produce more of it.
Thanks again uradamus. Your feedback is appreciated. You made a lot of great points.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
@Cuckold 3D Comics...... I am glad u chose to do what u enjoy.... And i personally hate futa

I guess i don't have anything to add here wrt your question..... I agree with whats been said.... I checked some of your stuff in 8muses.... Fun reads but those boobs n ass were a lil too big for my taste but that just me.....

You might wanna share some of those sample comics here..... Publicity to your patreon and more fap materials to us perverts:angel:
Thanks for the response qwagrah. Are you sure you saw my work on 8muses? I ask because my work is only on the forum of 8muses from what I'm aware of.

And I have a question for you. Which thread is appropriate to post my work on here? I'd love to share samples of my work for people interested in my genre. Thanks for your time.

B

BigWamanHunter

Thanks for the response qwagrah. Are you sure you saw my work on 8muses? I ask because my work is only on the forum of 8muses from what I'm aware of.

And I have a question for you. Which thread is appropriate to post my work on here? I'd love to share samples of my work for people interested in my genre. Thanks for your time.
I saw your work on 8muses forums..... Not the main site.... And as of where to post your stuff.... I am not the guy to ask that question to cuz am not familiar with most of the rules of this site but i assume u gotta ask an uploader to upload your stuff in the comics forum..... And have seen ppl create threads to periodically post their artworks and share info about their projects ....

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
If you just want to share a few samples of your art, you can add them to the general Daz thread that's usually always on the first page of the general discussion sub-forum or start your own thread, again here in general discussion, if you have a fair bit you want to share. If you are planning to share comics, they would go best in the comic request sub-forum to await approval and to get moved over to the main comics sub-forum, should be a sticky thread over there explaining the guidelines for setting up a proper request post.

Reactions: Papa Ernie and 3DC

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
I saw your work on 8muses forums..... Not the main site.... And as of where to post your stuff.... I am not the guy to ask that question cuz am not familiar with most of the rules of this site but i assume u gotta ask an uploader to upload your stuff in the comics forum..... And have seen ppl create threads to periodically post their artworks and share info about their projects ....
Thanks qwagrah.

Reactions: BigWamanHunter

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
If you just want to share a few samples of your art, you can either add them to the general Daz thread that's usually always on the first page of the general discussion sub-forum or start your own thread, again here in general discussion, if you have a fair bit you want to share. If you are planning to share comics, they would go best in the comic request sub-forum to await approval and to get moved over to the main comics sub-forum, should be a sticky thread over there explaining the guidelines for setting up a proper request post.
You're so very helpful uradamus. Thanks a bunch!

Argus1210

Feb 1, 2018
Let me figure out if I have a handle on this. They want you to create content for their site and the assignment is open ended? This isn't a single project?

I agree with the others that talk about doing what you enjoy. It doesn't hurt to step outside sometimes and maybe learn a thing or two, particularly about the website's operations. The pitfall here is if they aren't specifying what the commitment is. If it's just a single project, maybe you go and get paid. If it's open ended, well, there's no way to gauge what expectations they'll have and what time you'll have to commit to the projects you enjoy more.

Also, be honest with yourself and with them about the content development. Others have said this, but if you're not feeling it, it may not be your best effort. It still may be excellent and what they're looking for. It's possible to produce for a time under those conditions, but churning out consistent new content could be a slog.

Either way, they flatter you by asking. It's great your work is recognized as quality. I expect you already know the answer you want to give. Good luck!