"stolen content"

P

pauk

Hello, i lurk this forum for a few months, this is my first post, i though you could help me.
I started creating a game using daz3d but i'm poor as fuck so i downloaded tons of content "illegally".
I plan in the end to be on Patreon to make some profit of it because, like i said earlier, i'm poor af.
So far i like it realy much, spending a lot of time on it and passionated but i don't even know in the end if i"ll could publish it because of the stolen content.
What do you think ?

Reactions: Cirro84

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Think Grand Theft Auto... Visit the chop shop, and repaint the hot car, so the police don't recognize it.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Hello, i lurk this forum for a few months, this is my first post, i though you could help me.
I started creating a game using daz3d but i'm poor as fuck so i downloaded tons of content "illegally".
I plan in the end to be on Patreon to make some profit of it because, like i said earlier, i'm poor af.
So far i like it realy much, spending a lot of time on it and passionated but i don't even know in the end if i"ll could publish it because of the stolen content.
What do you think ?
If what you make, is of good quality, people will flock to you.
If not, you are just wasting your time.

P

pauk

I'm aiming for good quality, i'm not just trying to make money, i like what i'm doing so far, so i'm confident about this.
So all of you say there is no risk ? i don't need to worry about this.
thanks for the anwsers

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
We as the outside populace can't tell if your assets were "free" or you bought them, unless they were tagged somehow.

Don't announce it to the world you did this, and I would say don't use this forum account or email to link to it.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm aiming for good quality, i'm not just trying to make money, i like what i'm doing so far, so i'm confident about this.
So all of you say there is no risk ? i don't need to worry about this.
thanks for the anwsers
Wrong! If you didn't credit it, they can get your game taken down by saying you took credit or didn't give credit.. If you use daz3d for any full 3D (think House Party), you need a license or Daz will take you down. Rule of thumb is to always credit ALL assets you use in the game.
Trust me, you should ALWAYS credit the content properly. Even if you didn't pay for it, always include credits for all mods, addons, models, etc. They don't know if you paid or not but are at least happy if you credit their content.

EDITED --- I know this because I have worked with developers. One and only one had his content taken down cuz he ripped off images and didn't credit it so his patreon account was taken down. And I need to add.. if you don't know what you're doing, don't give bad advice. Don't troll people asking honest questions, either.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
We are pirates, we don't steal anything, we just borrow for an unspecified amount of time.

My suggestion is borrow the things you need and when you can, pay for it. This way your conscience is clear and everyone benefits.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I don't develop myself so don't know the ins and outs of it all but i'm thinking you should give credit for free assets used but i'd look into Daz, i'm pretty sure a license may be required there.

Look into it thoroughly, you don't want to risk losing your game.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yup. You need a license if you use daz assets as part of 3d game. Like "house party".
But if it's images like "Dating My Daughter" or "Dreaming with Dana", then you don't need a license.

Reactions: Krull
U

User_10739

Yup. You need a license if you use daz assets as part of 3d game. Like "house party".
But if it's images like "Dating My Daughter" or "Dreaming with Dana", then you don't need a license.
Hate poke my nose in here, but what is the difference? Between HP & the other 2?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
This is where you need a license in daz for....

This stuff.. you don't need a license.

No matter what you do, make sure you credit ALL assets used and you're fine!!!

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
There are Poser / Daz clubs that you can join, where members have licensed content. They trade, swap and use etc.
Huge libraries of content available for members to use legitimately on collaborative works.

Reactions: Cirro84
P

pauk

Yeah giving credit to author was my first thought but if there is like rape or i don't know somthing "trash" in my game, maybe author wont be assimilated to this ?

It will be a "2d" game, so it's all good, thanks god.. (does "the twist" has to pay for it too?)

There are Poser / Daz clubs that you can join, where members have licensed content. They trade, swap and use etc.
Huge libraries of content available for members to use legitimately on collaborative works.
And where could i find them ? I have no idea where to search for this. :O

Thanks again for answers, i realy appreciate.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Nice to see you're interested in doing things the right way, @pauk.
You always give due credit, no matter what. Do this at the 'end' screen and / or in the 'about' section of your game, no need to place it right up front on the title screen. Just a small 'credits to X for asset Y'. The content creators most likely come after you for usage without attributing, rarely for 'abusing' their works with sth silly or 'tasteless' they do not like. If you bought rights to use assets or the creators leave it to users of their work they can hardly impose any rules upon you afterwards. But do not take my words for granted, research for some who could have sort of a usage agreement (i.e. explicitly mentioning 'not to be used for erotic productions') - dunno, take it seriously and do not work with their materials.

What others told already: If you did not buy stuff better adapt assets so they are not too recognisable for anybody familiar with the content (changes in hair styles, clothing, props, forms, whatever). This way you are doing your own work on it, not just reuse and profit from that of others. And if you do not make a load of money not paying creators I guess they know by themselves you cannot be milked for working with their assets. Also be fair, tell them you are willing and going to pay if you got the money and they reach out to you. Then try to buy usage rights asap, if you finally can afford it.

And where could i find [Poser / Daz clubs] ? ...
Don't know how much you found out yourself already. , Poser's may be your start to get involved, obviously. Find out about other communities there, just ask if they know of nice places elsewhere to hang out. There are oc such things as memberships, if you got money left - like the , basically you need bucks to save some. Dunno if they share for free, too. Take a look at pages like and what else you find on there. is surely worth a try; so is Renderosity, e.g. the . And so on. If you 'find' such content somewhere else, well... XD As mentioned, you go pay for it later.

Check plus and / or , and their respective communities. For Blender there are a good handfull of separate sites. You never know, talented artists working with those and other programs are out there. Asking doesn't hurt. They may share tips for freebies and you find assets and props enough for use with Blender alone. Some offer e.g. interiour, buildings free to use (schools, shops etc.). Those you don't create from scratch, just for a few renders (try cgtrader.com, itch.io, , , <- nice guy, why you do credit ppl btw) Of course you may have to convert some of that stuff to make it work with certain programs. Most of what I can think of atm.

Plenty of possibilities, don't ya think? It only depends on you, what goals you'd like to achieve in the end - and if you are willing to invest lots of time and effort. Well, maybe we won't see you for a time now. Good luck, pauk. :)