VN - Ren'Py - Strange Phone [v0.1] [Ernesto]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Imagejon1

It needs fixes with grammar and spelling. And it really needs a message to let you know when you reach the end of the current content. But I'll definitely be back for the nest update.

It's basically "A Wife's Phone" with a slightly different story. I'm all for it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Vanafaye

I'm not going to complicate it, it's exactly what you think it is and the content is exactly what you expect. With that said...

The GOOD: The pacing is good and the hypno/NTR content is done really well. The writing is solid and the media is interesting enough to push the story. I love the way the story branches are broken up and tell you exactly what you're getting into. Also huge props to the dev for making a branch tracker that actually works and isn't a pain to navigate.

Things that need work: It's a brand new release/game, so I know it will be made to look better in the future. But personally my most pressing criticism is the general game responsiveness. None of the button clicks feel like you're using a phone, and there's a lot of font/word wrapping issues. Also it would be nice to have some audio cues sprinkled around to guide the player on what exactly should be done next.

There's also no indicator that the GF has an event going on in her phone, so you just need to constantly keep checking every time you advance time.

Overall if you like this kind of content then this game will scratch the itch perfectly. I love hypno games and this might be one of the most interesting starts from a new dev. Good job!