Daz strings and clothing

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
So i tried different things like weight mapping and dforce but it seems i don't get the string stick to the body at all.
They always hoover in the air and are not on the body.

With weight mapping i went over the strings and the color turned red (or should it be blue?). It seems when i look in the viewport that it doesn't really change anything. Or do i miss a step?

Now with Dforce i tried to simulate and you suppose to adjust the BendStiffness and Constraint of the item. But that didn't seem to work either.
The clothing like this looks not very real.

What am i missing?

This is what i mean.

2022-10-25 08_08_37-blow01.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.6.jpg

This is the asset.
Stringbody Ouvert

Though this happens to all clothing that have strings of any sorts.

Thank you so much

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Not sure what you mean by "strings". Do you mean lace?

Ultimately you need a high polycount on both a figure and clothing and a good algorithm to shrinkwrap the clothing to the skin. I don't know how or when Daz's smoothing algorithm is evaluated, but you may be able to solve it by upping the SubD on both and increasing the smoothing modifier settings.

It'll never look very realistic since it's still a flat plane.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
This is just one of the overall issues of assets like this. Goes for most of them. Bras, panties, etc. It's never going to sit flat on the shoulders or chest (though there are some out there that do include morphs to get as close to the shoulder as possible, but JMR stuff doesn't usually have anything like that.). Your best bet might Mesh Grabber; select the strings and pull them down a bit. Issue is, you'll likely have to do this for ever render with a new pose following that one, if not reapplying asset entirely for each one.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
So what you do?

I mean, i like the clothing. It's what i was looking for but the sheer appearance of the "lace"/string is just bad.
Ok, i kind of avoided the mesh grabber since it's an exe file but i will try.

I know that it isn't perfect but to get them at least closer would already be nice. So far, i try to put them not in the spot.
My hope was that with dforce it would settle somehow but that didn't work really. And there is always the possibility that i did something wrong and everyone else solved the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the replies and suggestions. I will try the mesh grabber...

btw. which PA is the better one? Especially for sexy clothing.
I recently found this asset as i was looking for something not naughty at all. Something a girl would probably wear and it has great slider options actually.
dForce Comfy Nights for Genesis 8 Females

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So what you do?
Like I said. Mesh Grabber is probably going to be the best option. Realistically, at least. IT-Roy's got a video basically doing what you're looking to do. and likely have something that'll work for you, as well. Better than what you've got, at least. It's a longshot, but might, too.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
For what you are trying to achieve I'd just go with a Dformer and call it a day.
Personally, I gave up long ago on details like that and, from an enginnering perpsective, a bit of tension of the supporter isn't that unrealisitic.
I still have nightmares about V3-V4 era necklaces... :shudder:

Reactions: MissFortune

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
For what you are trying to achieve I'd just go with a Dformer and call it a day.
Personally, I gave up long ago on details like that and, from an enginnering perpsective, a bit of tension of the supporter isn't that unrealisitic.
I still have nightmares about V3-V4 era necklaces... :shudder:
The problem with Dformers is that they only work when the character is in an A-pose. Once you pose them, you have no fucking idea what you're doing because the widgets are back in the A-pose position. Pretty sure that's the case for Mesh Grabber as well but I gave up on that shit pretty quickly so I can't remember.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Like I said. Mesh Grabber is probably going to be the best option. Realistically, at least. IT-Roy's got a video basically doing what you're looking to do. and likely have something that'll work for you, as well. Better than what you've got, at least. It's a longshot, but might, too.

Fit Control check.
Though i did not really seen an option for what i was looking for.

I just seen yesterday a video where the dude used dforce with animate to smoothen the texture wrapping around the breast. He claimed this will lesser have an impact on iterations when rendering vs. smoothing with a slider. Dunno.

Yeah, i know IT Roy. I have his channel subscribed. I was surprised he has a game here even.
Though i didn't see that video so i will check that out.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
The problem with Dformers is that they only work when the character is in an A-pose. Once you pose them, you have no fucking idea what you're doing because the widgets are back in the A-pose position. Pretty sure that's the case for Mesh Grabber as well but I gave up on that shit pretty quickly so I can't remember.
I think i have to find assets that do have some option for this. If it exist that is.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I think thats why DAZ hasn't comments or ratings of any sort. So you never know if it's good or bad. Picture says, it's awesome but then you find out it's the worst crap.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
I think thats why DAZ hasn't comments or ratings of any sort. So you never know if it's good or bad. Picture says, it's awesome but then you find out it's the worst crap.
That isn't a Daz product. It's on Renderosity, which does have a rating system.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
That isn't a Daz product. It's on Renderosity, which does have a rating system.
Well, it was a general statement. Not really about the item in question.
It's just what i observed.
And i still love that piece of clothing. I think i just have to get used to that it doesn't bend the way i would like to.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Back again.

I tried several options when applying bigger breasts.
Though i was never quiet happy with the results.

Though now, when i am thinking about it, maybe i am over thinking the whole thing.
So for example, i want to make the character a bimbo. What can DAZ handle? Clearly some people do amazing work and it looks fantastic. I am just not at that level and i am not sure if this is because of the clothing i am using.

The biggest issue i am having is the lower part. That part always looks like it's hanging and not morph seems to solve that really. So i am thinking of choosing clothing that has no lower part to avoid that issue.

What did you do when you created a character that had large breast. Implant?

I did try several approaches and i think the morphs seems to be the easiest that gives you less headache.

Here are some examples i did. The first with not a good result. The undercurve seems so strange. The second is smaller breasts with some morph that looks mostly fine. What do you think?

2023-04-27 08_15_36-oh_scene09a.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.7.jpg 2023-04-27 08_18_15-oh_scene01.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.7.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Back again.

I tried several options when applying bigger breasts.
Though i was never quiet happy with the results.

Though now, when i am thinking about it, maybe i am over thinking the whole thing.
So for example, i want to make the character a bimbo. What can DAZ handle? Clearly some people do amazing work and it looks fantastic. I am just not at that level and i am not sure if this is because of the clothing i am using.

The biggest issue i am having is the lower part. That part always looks like it's hanging and not morph seems to solve that really. So i am thinking of choosing clothing that has no lower part to avoid that issue.

What did you do when you created a character that had large breast. Implant?

I did try several approaches and i think the morphs seems to be the easiest that gives you less headache.

Here are some examples i did. The first with not a good result. The undercurve seems so strange. The second is smaller breasts with some morph that looks mostly fine. What do you think?

View attachment 2577178 View attachment 2577182
You need to get how weight map and projection map works along side dForce. What it is, how it works. dForce is not that bad and can be quick fix for various problems. Nevertheless, if you got serious, a bridge to marvelous designer (especially if you plan for thousands of renders) is a huge deal. You need to be able to back and forth morph with the 2 softwares. It's far from diffucult and you should probably start here (MD is extremely fast to generate 'credible' fold for any kind of cloth, in seconds).