Unity - STRIP Battle Action Cards [v0.14] [Arcane Pengi]

1. 2.00 star(s)

dickchappy420

Based on its current state this is a very beautifully disguised trainwreck. Art is good but the card game portion is very poor and I've encountered numerous game breaking bugs within 10 minutes of play. Some of which include cards hanging around on the screen after being played and blocking the UI and not being able to target parts with damage spells (which effectively soft locked my battle). I would highly recommend coming back several versions later when its maybe in a playable state and not a boring slog.

One bonus star for everything outside the gameplay looking good, but if the gameplay itself is horrible it's just not worth it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

solarjohn

Demo 2

Interesting idea for a card game, just with a lot of teething issues

Currently with lack of deck building we are stuck with the default pre-builts, which unfortunately kinda suck

Majority of the cards are just not that interesting, being either 'deal dmg + extra dmg if statement met', with the rare couple of exceptions.
    The clothing abilities are also not super interesting but fine for any decks.

Being uninteresting would be fine, especially in a demo early access case, if the matches themselves not slogs to get through.
    With the energy draw system limiting all card play, and health values set very high even on easy the matches feel like they take forever.

This coupled with the lack of any real inter-play with the opponent and visa versa or any meaningful decision making makes it feel like its a worse version of stat grinding in other games, because at least then i can just no brain auto pilot

Now this game does show promise, and there are good pron card games out there, just need to take some ques to making it, well, not boring

Art is nice and cute, UI is obv unfinished but looking good, music fine

Right now i would recommended for updates because the current state isnt worth playing

EDIT: Just played the 0.9v more or less the same game with more polish, but with deck building and extra opponents behind patreon wall
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Excalibis

Fantastic premise, could be amazing with some reworking, primarily the energy system and drawing cards make the game much harder as I end up having too many energies with not enough ways to spend the point, excited for the full game
  4. 5.00 star(s)

gafo

It's a promising start for what is going to become a funny game . Keep working on it, it has a lot of potential!

Cards and style are funny, the characters seems to have personality. Few options implemented yet, though.