Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The trouble is, it's also the only way I have to study for my own benefit.

Yeah, I mean it's not as if recent versions haven't nerfed the better mage spells, and then straight after that, locked the decent mage classes behind guild purchases. It's Maverick's game, and obviously he should make it the way he sees fit, but if he doesn't want a mage build to be fun, why offer it as an option?

And I shall probably do likewise. This is going to end up like Fallout 3, where you could have any build you wanted, but if you wanted decent skills you needed to max out Intelligence on your initial build.
Well you can always Upgrade your Chars Magic affinity and wisdom for later games... your skills will determine your starting classes, but if you start as a social Player without choosing social Jobs you could also Upgrade your char to become a usefull mage in the long run.
It's not like you are forced out of a certain path by your starting stats

erkper

May 16, 2018
The trouble is, it's also the only way I have to study for my own benefit.
Well, everyone benefits by using their skills, so you can always spam easy or medium dungeons to raise your Wit and your melee characters' Pysical.
Yeah, I mean it's not as if recent versions haven't nerfed the better mage spells, and then straight after that, locked the decent mage classes behind guild purchases. It's Maverick's game, and obviously he should make it the way he sees fit, but if he doesn't want a mage build to be fun, why offer it as an option?
I still prefer mage builds to melee, and Maverik seems to be pushing a lot of mages minions at the player, so I'm sure he's just fooling with the play balance. It had gotten to a point where melee types were significantly underpowered compared to mages.

I'm not sure why he stripped the stat factor increases out of classes, then raised the factor requirements for some higher-level classes, I guess he really wants it to be a combat-focused game and force you to spam dungeons for surplus experience to buy stat factor increases...
And I shall probably do likewise. This is going to end up like Fallout 3, where you could have any build you wanted, but if you wanted decent skills you needed to max out Intelligence on your initial build.
Not just Fallout 3, I found a high Int pretty necessary for every build in every Fallout I played.

Jun 1, 2017
So, it looks like Dates/Sex are now based on a weekly timer cool down, instead of a daily cool down. This seems like it's both going to slow down development of individual characters, since you can't train them as often, and also make it more difficult to hold large harems, since you can't bolster respect/affection and obedience through sex as often.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone with an account on itch.io who could tell AK|Phantom that only Pixeldrain works out of MEGA & FilesFM for the Body and Portrait packs v2.9(UPDATED 28.05)?
You should join the discord and talk to them there, easy peasy.
It Seems the Cheat Code has been changed
Its still the same as it always has been since the first game.
Its on the OP under the spoiler and it works for me and I have used it today.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Now the version on Itch.io works as it should now so I will go ahead and post this.

maverik — 03/04/2022
Upcoming Character events/sidequests and some info for future updates
Firstly, It's a relief to have second story arc finally released. With that I plan to devote most of the time to finally wrapping up Displaced for the release in this year.

But as usual this does not mean I'll be withdrawing from strive, so there's a few things we are planning to introduce in next updates.

1. Character traits. Will be beneficial, detrimental or mixed. Stuff like 'earns 20% more experience" or "can't be assigned to collection tasks". These will help to make breeding more meaningful in the current state. Also will have some way to alter traits outside of breeding.

2. Childbirth will be receiving additional depth: after receiving a new character you'll be able to assign them to one of the trainings, which will lock the character and provide some additional stats in exchange for money.

I'd also like to work on future gameplay options for city/mayor management but can't say much about it yet.

Lastly, for the story content for future updates we'll be adding more stuff to introduced characters so I finally have a reason to make a pool on who people want to see new content first. Characters who receive more votes will have their content/stories implemented first.

Patreon poll:

Version works as it should now so go download it and use it to play your game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Trying to play this, I'll honestly say... The original was a much better game all around.
It takes some getting use to it but once you get the handle of it, its a fun game to play.

This is a totally different style of a game and should not be compared to the first game.

Reactions: Mattarobase

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Its not bad I just hate all the swaps to classes, like in first one mage was defualt for player now its like you get punished for it, but also I don't see any decent classes with social skills like the magic ones minus the social, and I got be a harlot and what not just to get some of the skills magic users get. I for one hate using the date stuff as main way of growth why magic will always be must, but it would be nice for more social options. I mean we can now learn new skills or at least I noticed that in this update, why I can't I learn new social skills?

I use the social skills more then any the combat ones to be honest why I never had issue with dates being changed, just annoying I see one of the new to me at least classes preist can get something, but there is no options for say bard yet.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
is there a way to add a custom image and if so how do i do that?
Go into Character Info, then click customization, its pen and ink bottle icon... And is the biggest collection but there is doubles in there sigh...

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Its not bad I just hate all the swaps to classes, like in first one mage was defualt for player now its like you get punished for it, but also I don't see any decent classes with social skills like the magic ones minus the social, and I got be a harlot and what not just to get some of the skills magic users get. I for one hate using the date stuff as main way of growth why magic will always be must, but it would be nice for more social options. I mean we can now learn new skills or at least I noticed that in this update, why I can't I learn new social skills?

I use the social skills more then any the combat ones to be honest why I never had issue with dates being changed, just annoying I see one of the new to me at least classes preist can get something, but there is no options for say bard yet.
Not sure what you mean about lack of social skills.
If your build focuses on both sexual and worker Classes (like Maid, Head Girl or Director) you can easily unlock and create some very impressive manipulators.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Not just Fallout 3, I found a high Int pretty necessary for every build in every Fallout I played.
In 3, you need Int 10 or you just won't get enough skill points, and with the level cap, that's problematic.

NV reduced the benefit from high int considerably: you still get more skill points for int 10, but there's a decent minimum award and high int doesn't grant nearly the same advantage it did in 3. (Which kind of annoyed me at the time, since I like playing brainy types).

In 4, apart from not being able to access the Int perks, the only drawback of low int is a slower XP gain. And you can offset that by taking Idiot Savant

[edit]

Just to try and keep it on topic:: I don't think mav wants for force a dungeon grind on players. I mean you can clear your debt with fishing or prostitution and then take your own sweet time building skills and equipment before engaging with the story. He seems to want to support a range of playstyles - it's one of the things I like about the game.

But like I say, I like playing brainy characters, and that seems to keep getting harder to do.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
A lot of the art pack links are dead for both games on the web site but others on Discord have put together art packs into one big pack here:

This group of art packs has some dups but there are being removed over time.
(At the time of posting many dups have been removed 1 hour ago.)

Art Packs go into the appdata for both games.
For Conquest:
C:\Users\(Your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\Strive for Power 2
For Power:
C:\Users\(Your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\Strive

Both games require folders called "bodies" and "portraits".

Conquest modders are trying to include pregnant "bodies" when the girls get pregnant but don't know yet how far they are into getting a working mod.

Credit for the link goes to Zalzany

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
- Date on a week base: Discovering new slave trait will take ages
- All classes have lost their Factor bonus, Geisha is more useless now (no new skills gained, because of Harlot pre requisite, you already have reward with sex)
- Still no use for having charm over 40 (only if you want Geisha ,which you don't, Succubus isn't at 40 anymore. So no need for more than 20 for the still good dancer class (even without the Charm Factor)
- Suggestion MC charm skill/ 10+1for date, Sex factor per week for sex , and some upgrades to boost that

Reactions: kileos123

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Not sure what you mean about lack of social skills.
If your build focuses on both sexual and worker Classes (like Maid, Head Girl or Director) you can easily unlock and create some very impressive manipulators.
I mean I don't want my MC to be head girl lol. Like I just put in discord have social skill unlocks as suggestion. So I can go bard, and open up social skill unlocks like caster does for spells. But for social skills so instead of being head girl, harlet dancer MC who is also a pet, and freaking incubus. I could go bard, and dump exp into unlocking Performance, allure, shit like that same way I would unlock hunters mark and other skills with a class that says "unlocks basic pyhsical combat skills," or "unlocks basic spells"

Like that would be nice. I don't like idea of my MC being a maid/headgir/harlet/dancer/whatever. Its annoying when I could just go bard, and learn most those social skills viea the skill system already in game right now. Like i want a charm based MC who doesn't have to take jobs meant more for his slaves/peons lol I want to be a flirting bard or prince like guy not a dancing head girl who mastered the are of being a whore just so I can get more social skills lol Like right now if I want social skills andstill feel like the master I got go caster, and learn fear, and sedation via aprentance then unlock the more andvanced caster class that lets me have more mind altering spells. But social its like I got pick, trainer wich is more not my style, or be like 12 classes al l feel off to ahve for my char. And now even priest is in there with extra praise for it lol. Its like man I want to be a nice guy I need so many more skills. To be "evil" I just need mind control one, apprentice, and the trainer...

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Trying to play this, I'll honestly say... The original was a much better game all around.
Pretty much what fox said. You shouldn't view it as an "upgrade" with refined everything like what you'd see in many game series, as that's not what it is. Instead, it's a new take, a different take, on the same core principles. Some game mechanics wouldn't mesh well, hence the need for a new game. Had Maverick simply wanted to upgrade his game, he'd have done so by simply updating it.

With that in mind, take a new and fresher look at it. If it still doesn't tickle your fancy, it's completely fine. Maybe hop back later once he's progressed further in development. Just don't discard it for not being what you thought it'd be.

Reactions: MankoEater

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
Actually the class system doesn't mean anything. You need XP for factors the harlot/incubus still works but it need aphrodisiacs now that sex is limited at once a week
Classes are needed to unlock for combat skills not for combat skills. You only take prerequisites and classes with best bonuses like Acoyte, Rogue and Assassin
I like the idea of purchasing social skills too but there's so few of them, take watchdog, trainer and Dancer and you got all you need (Actually only social/Work skills need classes the watchdog/Trainer and the Dancer are part of the rare still useful classes)
Many classes are useless, like the Ranger or the Geisha except for missions

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Actually the class system doesn't mean anything. You need XP for factors the harlot/incubus still works but it need aphrodisiacs now that sex is limited at once a week
Classes are needed to unlock for combat skills not for combat skills. You only take prerequisites and classes with best bonuses like Acoyte, Rogue and Assassin
I like the idea of purchasing social skills too but there's so few of them, take watchdog, trainer and Dancer and you got all you need (Actually only social/Work skills need classes the watchdog/Trainer and the Dancer are part of the rare still useful classes)
Many classes are useless, like the Ranger or the Geisha except for missions
the ammount of Sex you can have each weak is based on your Sex Trait.
With a Level 4 Trait you can have equally much sex from what I saw

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes