RAGS Struggling to get RAGS to run games.

WitheredTulip

Jun 19, 2022
I've spent the greatest part of yesterday trying to set up RagS system. I was getting "Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable" checked the stuff in the RAGS Tutorial thread, that didn't work. I've installed like 101 things that different places have told me to try, and while finally I realised the issue seemed to be that it was the wrong version (I hope), I'm now faced with a seemingly more obscure error: "Unhandled exception has occured in your application"... ...."Could not load file or assembly "System Data SqlServerCe Version-3.5.1.0..."...

I've searched up a bunch of stuff, but still haven't figured out how to fix it.
Unfortunately I'm not very proficient with computers, I know how to get Excel to multiply for me, but this stuff is very beyond me.

WitheredTulip

Jun 19, 2022
I read somewhere that I should've ran "setup" as oppose to "RagsSetup" when installing the engine. I ran "RagsSetup", and I'm left to only assume that's the issue.
Running "Setup" gives me with this error. I'm still cleuless on how to work it, unfortunately.
1683145390621.png

WitheredTulip

Jun 19, 2022
I've really messed up installation. I've got multiple copies of rags, files where they shouldn't be, all sorts of stuff. One copy gives me the error above, the other gives me the "Rags file is unreadable" that I couldn't fix with the tutorial thread.

autoflags

Jul 10, 2021
I had the same issue, and I was able to get it working following .