Stupid insane shit

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
You know all about the people who broadcast live and earn money there, right? Strangers on the Internet literally give them money for nothing. What for? Because the viewer liked this person or, on the contrary, hates him, there can be many different reasons. But in the end, it's just meaningless nonsense. So tell me what do you think about it? Why do this?... it seems that modern people have too much money or it's a fucking great way to have fun.

I understand those people who fuck on camera live, but those who just play computer games or talk.....bruh

Reactions: Driver9r

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
You know all about the people who broadcast live and earn money there, right? Strangers on the Internet literally give them money for nothing. What for? Because the viewer liked this person or, on the contrary, hates him, there can be many different reasons. But in the end, it's just meaningless nonsense. So tell me what do you think about it? Why do this?... it seems that modern people have too much money or it's a fucking great way to have fun.

I understand those people who fuck on camera live, but those who just play computer games or talk.....bruh
It's a booming industry right now that is generating billions in revenue. I kind of agree that it is all a bit wonky. It's peak parasocial relations. I mean, people will sub on twitch for no other reason than the person they are subbing to may say "Hey thanks for the sub RandomTwitchUser." and then immediately forget about them. They will then start donating even more so their message will be boosted and the person might say their name again.

On the flip side of that argument, it's really no different than people supporting their favorite artist on Patreon. Arguments can be made for either side of that, but at least the Patreon artists are generating some form of product...unless they're milking.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
agree that it is all a bit wonky. It's peak parasocial relations. I mean, people will sub on twitch for no other reason than the person they are subbing to may say "Hey thanks for the sub RandomTwitchUser." and then immediately forget about them. They will
Are people that lonely? I can understand how it works. Like a man sees someone who looks like himself and throws him money. Only they do it all the time....

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Are people that lonely?
I guess these days people are. I don't really understand it, but then, cell phones and social media have only been around since I was 40+. I remember when my daughter was in her teens she would sit next to her friend on the couch and they would text instead of talk. There's been a paradigm shift in how people communicate and I am glad I wasn't part of it.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Might be something related to "Being part of same community OR the feeling of having a connection to someone popular, celebrity at a closer level OR it might be the fact that some popular streamer shouts out your name in front of buncha people thus creating the feeling of being important OR the fact that some famous streamer is wearing the clothing or any Item that is from your money as in you get the feeling that your favorite streamer is wearing the items you bought them for OR the fact they have buncha money and don't mind if they do share some but donating is an option". Could be buncha reasons. Nonetheless, interesting topic, something to ponder upon.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
I can understand almost all the reasons. but I can't just accept this stupidity. It bothers me, that's all.
I don't feel envy or hatred, I just don't understand it and I think it's disgusting. I watched such broadcasts myself, but I rarely had the desire to give money. Perhaps more suggestible people who watch them a lot of the time just fall in love with them and so they give them money.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
I guess these days people are. I don't really understand it, but then, cell phones and social media have only been around since I was 40+. I remember when my daughter was in her teens she would sit next to her friend on the couch and they would text instead of talk. There's been a paradigm shift in how people communicate and I am glad I wasn't part of it.
Well, it's not the same as throwing money to some stranger on the Internet just because he talks and plays computer games.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Might be something related to "Being part of same community OR the feeling of having a connection to someone popular, celebrity at a closer level OR it might be the fact that some popular streamer shouts out your name in front of buncha people thus creating the feeling of being important OR the fact that some famous streamer is wearing the clothing or any Item that is from your money as in you get the feeling that your favorite streamer is wearing the items you bought them for OR the fact they have buncha money and don't mind if they do share some but donating is an option". Could be buncha reasons. Nonetheless, interesting topic, something to ponder upon.
Huh. Damn, people have really become too dumb, haven't they? :)

• Haha
Reactions: | Vee |

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Huh. Damn, people have really become too dumb, haven't they? :)
It's sad and on top of that we are becoming more and more emotional. We humans are stuck in our bubbles and shit our pants when it's time to see beyond the bubble we created bcz what lies beyond our bubble contains what goes against all the beliefs that we build over the time hence, stuck in loop of denial. Overtime some build-up the courage other don't and therefore are still stuck in the bubble. And Society, friends, culture kept us in that bubble resulting in no/limited growth resulting in flawed human. We all crave recognition in one form or another.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ass prefer

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
humans have an internal genetic need for listening to stories, and even the dumbest ones can hook you completely to wait for what's happening next.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
It's sad and on top of that we are becoming more and more emotional. We humans are stuck in our bubbles and shit our pants when it's time to see beyond the bubble we created bcz what lies beyond our bubble contains what goes against all the beliefs that we build over the time hence, stuck in loop of denial. Overtime some build-up the courage other don't and therefore are still stuck in the bubble. And Society, friends, culture kept us in that bubble resulting in no/limited growth resulting in flawed human. We all crave recognition in one form or another.
I am glad to meet someone who also sees that everyone lives in their own aquarium of comfort and joy (lie).

Gone405

May 1, 2024

It comes down to the parasocial

Peeps want friends and want to be a part of a community. Parasocial relationships are a thing too. Too many peeps are in one with their favorite twitch streamer. They donate to be noticed by them. Its a hell of a drug I say lol xD. It's the new norm also that's another reason (simps don't help either).

Reactions: Ass prefer

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Damn, how much has the world changed if the ordinary drugs that we know and love have become uninteresting or weak....
Wanting to be liked means way more for peeps sometimes. Especially those incel simps. They may hate women but Damm do they love to spend money on some OF girl or streamer.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Wanting to be liked means way more for peeps sometimes. Especially those incel simps. They may hate women but Damm do they love to spend money on some OF girl or streamer.
As it was said somewhere, we don't love the "object", we love the feeling or the idea, I don't remember exactly how it was :)

Reactions: Gone405

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Huh. I'd like to talk about women. More precisely, do we really love them? In terms of appearance or sound, but their essence.
For real.

Gone405

May 1, 2024
As it was said somewhere, we don't love the "object", we love the feeling or the idea, I don't remember exactly how it was :)
Yea the guys that do that very much enjoy thinking about having a woman like the ones they simp for but they know deep down they won't get a woman like that. They're just miserable :).

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
like the ones they simp for but they know deep down they won't get a woman like that
Huh. If I had as much money as they give them. I just can't imagine how desperate and blind you have to be to want to give money to some virtual whore just so that she notices you a little.
I would regard this as a very dangerous disease and send such people to concentration camps :)

Reactions: Gone405

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Huh. I'd like to talk about women. More precisely, do we really love them? In terms of appearance or sound, but their essence.
For real.
Well if we are looking beyond appearance and sound that would be hard to think about as I feel most peeps love women because of looks and sound. Ig we could say what women represent as a whole in terms of value. Like motherhood and some other things I'm am forgetting.