Stupid Question from a stupid person

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I know this is gonna be a stupid question, and one that's probably been asked a million times, but how the hell do I run a qsp game? I can't for the life of me find any way to actually run one and I feel like I'm just hitting my head against a wall. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: Throwaway13031980

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Depends on the game, since some use the awesomium engine and those are different. Which game are we talking about here?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
There's 2 ways to do this. Some qsp games use the awesomium plugin. If the instructions in the OP aren't clear, just download the game and extract it.
- Look in the game folder.. does it have a "gamename.qsp" file and an "images" folder or a folder with images, movies, gifs inside? If so, that is the basic QSP game.
- If you have the basic qsp setup, is there a folder called "qsp570" or "qspgui"in it? If so, open that folder. There should be a file called "qspgui.exe". Run it then use alt+L to select your language. On title bar, select "Quest" then "Open Game" or alt+o. Navigate to "gamename.qsp", select it, then click "Open". Game is running!
EDITED--- If it doesn't have the qspgui.exe included, download the version for your os at the link below. It's a site in Russian. Extract that folder and run the qspgui.exe in there and follow the steps above.
- If you open the game folder and it's got awesomium.dll and awesomiumprocess.exe, it uses the awesomium plugin.
- For those games, it's the "start.exe" or "gamename.exe" in that folder ONLY.
- IMPORTANT! With awesomium games, there can only be one .qsp file in the assets/standalone_content folder or there will be errors.

QSP player link

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
There's 2 ways to do this. Some qsp games use the awesomium plugin. If the instructions in the OP aren't clear, just download the game and extract it.
- Look in the game folder.. does it have a "gamename.qsp" file and an "images" folder or a folder with images, movies, gifs inside? If so, that is the basic QSP game.
- If you have the basic qsp setup, is there a folder called "qsp570" or "qspgui"in it? If so, open that folder. There should be a file called "qspgui.exe". Run it then use alt+L to select your language. On title bar, select "Quest" then "Open Game" or alt+o. Navigate to "gamename.qsp", select it, then click "Open". Game is running!
EDITED--- If it doesn't have the qspgui.exe included, download the version for your os at the link below. It's a site in Russian. Extract that folder and run the qspgui.exe in there and follow the steps above.
- If you open the game folder and it's got awesomium.dll and awesomiumprocess.exe, it uses the awesomium plugin.
- For those games, it's the "start.exe" or "gamename.exe" in that folder ONLY.
- IMPORTANT! With awesomium games, there can only be one .qsp file in the assets/standalone_content folder or there will be errors.

QSP player link
Using the QSP player works! Thanks, I feel like an idiot. All I did was download it and use it to open the game, so simple.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Using the QSP player works! Thanks, I feel like an idiot. All I did was download it and use it to open the game, so simple.
Ignorance is not stupidity. Asking the right question in the correct forum = fucking genius. Thank you for giving back my hope for humanity.

Bless you. x'D

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
To clarify, some of the .qsp games require you to replace the Russian .qsp with the English translated one.

T

Throwaway13031980

I know this is gonna be a stupid question, and one that's probably been asked a million times, but how the hell do I run a qsp game? I can't for the life of me find any way to actually run one and I feel like I'm just hitting my head against a wall. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Hello there friendo!
Just wanted to add to @jerricho13. You are NOT stupid since:
a. you came across a problem and realizes it indeed was a problem
b. uses your own problemsolving and search skills to find the right place to ask for the answer to your problem
c. you realixed you can ask other people for help when needed

This automatically makes you smarter than basically 95% percent of the world population.
So hereby, using the authority bestowed upon me by none other than myself I certify you as a smart person:

YouAreSmart.jpg

Well done!