3D-Blender Stylized 3D Character Art

PaperDevil

Jan 6, 2020
The game I'm prototyping is supposed to be set in an era similar to the industrial revolution. I wanted an art style that was simple and stylized, heavily inspired by games like dishonored and old cartoons from the 90s like scooby-doo (I know, it's weird..). It was tricky at first but I think I found something that's simple while still being visually compelling.

I'm sharing what I made at these early stages to hopefully get some constructive feedback.

The female character doesn't have her clothes yet. Those will probably be ready in a day or two.
mc_nn_front.JPG z_f.JPG

Pubic hair will be optional in the game.
mc_n_front.JPG

I plan to make a handful of unique characters with visually distinct body types and physical features. The plan so far is to have the main character (the male above), 3 main female characters as the MC's employees (1 is the f above), and 1 side male character who's sort of a side character. I'll also have a few extras who are needed for the plot.

I'll be expanding the roster as time goes on but I want to start very small. The characters will also be animated and rendered in real-time if all goes well. The gameplay will be similar to a VN. No running around a 3D world or anything like that which should keep the scope in check.

Feedback is very much appreciated.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Looks good, maybe it's just me but my eyes were drawn to the hands. They are let's say a bit too large? I understand you're going for a stylized look, but them hands are just kind of out of place. Otherwise good work.

Reactions: PaperDevil

PaperDevil

Jan 6, 2020
my eyes were drawn to the hands. They are let's say a bit too large? I understand you're going for a stylized look, but them hands are just kind of out of place.
The hands are pretty large at this point, although they stick out a lot more in a screenshot than they do in motion. I'll try out some animations and see how they look. If they stick out too much then I might scale them down just a bit.

Here's what the hands look like in orthographic mode which gets rid of the enlargement you get from perspective:
hands2.JPG hands1.JPG

Also, a new girl is almost ready. Her clothes aren't though:
e_fn.JPG

I'm planning on making 1 more female, 1 more male, and maybe a couple of quick side characters for the plot. Almost ready to start animating and coding. :giggle:

Reactions: Egglock

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
I'm going to blame it on the perspective. Or that I've been staring at the hands for too long, not that I have a hand fetish or anything. But great work none the less. Look forward to any updates you have in the future.

Reactions: PaperDevil