VN - Ren'Py - Succubus Advent: The Ethereal Collapse [0.101] [AdrihelDev]

1. 5.00 star(s)

NeroZee

First off i wanna say i know AI can be a tough subject and an impossible pill for someone to swallow as its often associated with people taking the lazy/easy way out by using it. Boy oh boy does this game prove the exact opposite of that....

This review is gonna be based on me playing Chapter 1 of the game, to start off i wanna say I am a HUGE fan of succubi, femdom, energy drain kink. There are not that many games that fill these kinks, even less so ones i would consider good/great, this game is shaping up to be one of the best.

Its very easy to see how much effort is actually going into the game so i am gonna list all the pros and cons i have personally found with the game so far. Needless to say this will include some spoilers, you are warned.

Pros
    • The game has great character design, the succubi all look very appealing visually as well as having distinct personalities and i hope this trend continues as more are introduced.
    • The animation is pretty good but is also very much emphasized with the cool glow effect with all the colors and sound.
    • The mannerisms are what particularly caught my attention, during many interactions and in particular during sex scenes the characters would move their eyes around, their tongues, their mouths would form smirks and grins, they would basically act and react in accordance with whats happening in the scene, which adds immersion.
    • The story so far is nothing super original but it still immediately hooks you in and a lot of the work is done by the interesting characters and the interactions the MC has with them. I look forward to exploring more of the background, especially on the succubi society, how they function, what does their society normally look like, all the rulers and subjects.
    • The exploration is nice the combat while not my thing can be basically rendered irrelevant by the dev being smart enough and knowing some people just wanna follow the story and get to the good part, so the game has a God mode you can turn on where basically you cant lose an encounter, seriously thank you for that.
    • The game gives you a useful tip at the start where you can pick what is basically a walk through on the scenes by choosing how the text appears which goes from it appearing no different than anything else to being a different color as well as how it could end, this is great for people that dont want to accidently avoid a scene and also great for those that dont want to get spoiled on a potential encounter.
    Cons
    • The only negative thing i can say about the game and this is really a nitpick but it could turn out to be more of a problem in the future is the dev does a nice thing by giving different characters different color text which works for the most part but with some characters it makes it harder to read like the scene with Vilnera whose text appears to be dark purple and blends in a lot with the background so isnt as easy to read as Azielas scene whose text is bright blue.
    Thats pretty much it so far, this is honestly a 10/10 game for me, not a perfect game but as close to what I want a perfect game with succubi, femdom and energy drain to look like. Basically if you are like me this game was made for you. I wish the developer all the best and good luck on his project, looking forward to many more chapters and many more gorgous succubi that are gonna take my breathe away, literally.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sansbones69

"This will make a fine addition to my collection" It looks very good so far my only gripe is the use of ai so i hope if they ever get enough money they will ditch using it otherwise i love it just like Succubus Prison Succubus Covenant Succubus Academia and Situation Succ: Inn Elysium :3
  3. 5.00 star(s)

definitelynotdaniel5

Great scenes thus far on (written as of P.003), looking forward to more! The art may be AI but it's considerably better than I expected still.

Combat is okay-ish, somewhat standard RPG but it's so far pretty easy to understand/grasp without a tutorial (I hope they keep it this way), and lets you animation skip which is nice.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

prettystupid

Excellent start to a femdom/energy drain, succubus themed game. Uses AICG, but they're well made and augmented with additional VFX so they look nice. Great SFX /ambience. Interesting lore/story hook with personal connections to the MC. Nice combat system, but remains to be seen how it develops. Energy drain scenes in the prologue are superbly done, making me very optimistic for future content. About an hour of content so far if you read and explore branches, give it a try!