3.50 star(s) 102 Votes

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I know,it seems like an trivial thing that has been covered and discussed alot but truth is that few people even bother to do this,even fewer actually complete their story focused/heavy games and i appreciate you for doing such a game,one that you could play even without the sex.

Another game that im fond of is MGQ and MGQ paradox that go to great lenghts to provide a good lore and awareness to the universe in which they happen,further than you games but they are a company,you are just 1 person + whoever you work with like 1 guy or im not sure.
The original plan was to have one big game, like MGQ, per Era.

But then I decided to go with the Elder Scrolls formula. One location at the time.

I prefer this way because I can develop a region way more. Show the culture, the leaders, the in-fighting, the alliances, etc.

Mr.Gamer

Nov 8, 2021
That I don't understand why sex must turn the game necessarily silly or without logic.
I'm guessing that they can't handle the ambience in stuff like Game of Thrones. Sure, having half the whorehouse talk about someone killing an dragon is funny; but it's delivered in an way that you can literally replace the casual nudity with an bar or hair salon and it'll still have the same impact on the story.

As for SC being serious, well it would help if you could have an few more fights that didn't take place in an dungeon. Because while it's justifiable for everyone to carve out their own territories on the continent; it gets kind of monotonous when you're taking the fight to them, even with the various obstacles and the symbols of their conquest.

Who knows, maybe you'll include an scene that involves sleep paralysis within an cursed location or something (which is something that mythology blamed on succubi) or it'll be another scenario like the dancer getting the drop on you, but with an magical disguise or something. I'm sure that you'll come up with an way that'll surprise us, but my point is that the war feels mainly one-sided outside of the elite warriors getting directly involved

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I'm guessing that they can't handle the ambience in stuff like Game of Thrones. Sure, having half the whorehouse talk about someone killing an dragon is funny; but it's delivered in an way that you can literally replace the casual nudity with an bar or hair salon and it'll still have the same impact on the story.

As for SC being serious, well it would help if you could have an few more fights that didn't take place in an dungeon. Because while it's justifiable for everyone to carve out their own territories on the continent; it gets kind of monotonous when you're taking the fight to them, even with the various obstacles and the symbols of their conquest.

Who knows, maybe you'll include an scene that involves sleep paralysis within an cursed location or something (which is something that mythology blamed on succubi) or it'll be another scenario like the dancer getting the drop on you, but with an magical disguise or something. I'm sure that you'll come up with an way that'll surprise us, but my point is that the war feels mainly one-sided outside of the elite warriors getting directly involved
It kinda is one sided due to being a game. Many variations would be a hell to create.

Take Dragon Age Origins, for example. You go to an area, solve the problem there, then go to another to solve another problem.

It would be a nightmare for them to create something that could be reconquered by the enemy. Unless they went full strategy game.

I try my best to show how succubi attack, the casualties of the war. By the time you arrive, for example, they are at the Bloody Jaw's tribe doorstep.

Then you go, defeating generals, having them infight for who's in command, then conquering more and more area as you gather allies, etc.

Plus, each Era will be very different. Prepare to command troops in the second Era.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Working my way through Chapter 1 right now, enjoying the game so far.

Made myself a Linux port to play, and I haven't had any major issues so far. Mostly just a couple of times where the game couldn't find the right music file because lettercase matters for filenames on Linux, so just a quick rename to correct the affected files fixed the issues.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

Krayola1234

Dec 28, 2021
It kinda is one sided due to being a game. Many variations would be a hell to create.

Take Dragon Age Origins, for example. You go to an area, solve the problem there, then go to another to solve another problem.

It would be a nightmare for them to create something that could be reconquered by the enemy. Unless they went full strategy game.

I try my best to show how succubi attack, the casualties of the war. By the time you arrive, for example, they are at the Bloody Jaw's tribe doorstep.

Then you go, defeating generals, having them infight for who's in command, then conquering more and more area as you gather allies, etc.

Plus, each Era will be very different. Prepare to command troops in the second Era.
The Succubi: Hey, gals, this aelos guy is a real menace, we should probably gang up on him.

Also The Succubi: Nah fam he's mine, 1v1 me *dies*

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I know,it seems like an trivial thing that has been covered and discussed alot but truth is that few people even bother to do this,even fewer actually complete their story focused/heavy games and i appreciate you for doing such a game,one that you could play even without the sex.

Another game that im fond of is MGQ and MGQ paradox that go to great lenghts to provide a good lore and awareness to the universe in which they happen,further than you games but they are a company,you are just 1 person + whoever you work with like 1 guy or im not sure.
Agreed on story being important. I am currently playing MGQ chapter 1 and it is another of the best story-based h games I have ever seen. MGQ is in a sense the polar opposite of SC, MGQ is a world where getting eaten is fun and "Monsters and humans can get along" whereas SC is a world where getting eaten means death and you need an iron will to avoid "Getting along" with these hell demons. There is no chance in the scorching hell that these two universes could cross over but I could see the contrast making some good inspiration for fanart.

Why there's no threesome or foursome when the succubus attack the MC, I hope I can see threesome or foursome with 2 or 3 succubus
I am pretty sure if one succubus could pose a challenge to a hunter that a trio or more would surely devour his soul. If this scene were placed as an optional bad-end, it would be jumping the shark making the eventual fight with the next succubus seem anti-climatic.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Agreed on story being important. I am currently playing MGQ chapter 1 and it is another of the best story-based h games I have ever seen. MGQ is in a sense the polar opposite of SC, MGQ is a world where getting eaten is fun and "Monsters and humans can get along" whereas SC is a world where getting eaten means death and you need an iron will to avoid "Getting along" with these hell demons. There is no chance in the scorching hell that these two universes could cross over but I could see the contrast making some good inspiration for fanart.

I am pretty sure if one succubus could pose a challenge to a hunter that a trio or more would surely devour his soul. If this scene were placed as an optional bad-end, it would be jumping the shark making the eventual fight with the next succubus seem anti-climatic.
I never claimed MGQ is the same as SC,i drew a paralel between their story heavy focus,how the world is not open world but you its empty as in you have nothing to do.

I too wish to see the hunter fight mutiple succubuses,atleast by chapter 4 he has been upgraded and with special relics so why not fight a duo or trio of weak succubuses? Zion of Olympus I still want my roaming succubuses mobs!
I think it would be duable plus those 1v1 fights are getting boring not to mention the temptation mechanic is boring and underpowered,it should be a bar increased by many intereactions,abilities and equipment.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021

Command troops? Say no more fam,those parasites will drown in blood!
their or ours but the result is the same

• Wow
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Zion of Olympus I want to ask you something,will you ever add armor or clothes to those succubuses? I know you might think they dont need them or they won't bother but personally im tired of most of them just being naked.

Look at bo wei game tower of trample or other of his games,the clothes/armor are not an obstacle,they are revealing and if anything enchance the appeal of those enemies,i would like each succ to have special outfit rather than just naked because its repetitive and shows nothing really,I found the enemies in bo wei games better looking in their outfits that also reflect their story and give a hint at the character of the wearer than naked. Also you wouldn't be the first to add an outfit to succubuses so dont be afraid to experiment!

Celine01

May 17, 2022
What's the name of the song used in battle between the leaf clan army and the blood Jawa Tribe when the MC got ambushed by the succubus after defeating general dalia, and the song used when the 3 general from royal clan succubus do hidden meeting before they go to meet the Queen

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Zion of Olympus I want to ask you something,will you ever add armor or clothes to those succubuses? I know you might think they dont need them or they won't bother but personally im tired of most of them just being naked.

Look at bo wei game tower of trample or other of his games,the clothes/armor are not an obstacle,they are revealing and if anything enchance the appeal of those enemies,i would like each succ to have special outfit rather than just naked because its repetitive and shows nothing really,I found the enemies in bo wei games better looking in their outfits that also reflect their story and give a hint at the character of the wearer than naked. Also you wouldn't be the first to add an outfit to succubuses so dont be afraid to experiment!
It depends of the clan, really. Leaf Succ are more "free". Royal succubi usually go to war with armor, though.

Mr.Gamer

Nov 8, 2021
Why there's no threesome or foursome when the succubus attack the MC, I hope I can see threesome or foursome with 2 or 3 succubus
Because he only has one dick and it would be hilarious if they're too busy fighting each other while the Hunter runs away without his pants.

Real full body armor or some legwear made out of demonic metal while the whole upper body is exposed? :p
I won't be surprised if they have an set of "chainmail bikini" has an absurd statline like the older Dragon Quest games did.

• Haha
Reactions: Karl Speidel

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I never claimed MGQ is the same as SC,i drew a paralel between their story heavy focus,how the world is not open world but you its empty as in you have nothing to do.

I too wish to see the hunter fight mutiple succubuses,atleast by chapter 4 he has been upgraded and with special relics so why not fight a duo or trio of weak succubuses? Zion of Olympus I still want my roaming succubuses mobs!
I think it would be duable plus those 1v1 fights are getting boring not to mention the temptation mechanic is boring and underpowered,it should be a bar increased by many intereactions,abilities and equipment.
I know you meant in terms of being story heavy rather than tone or narrative. I was just pointing out how two story heavy games can be amazing despite differing in so many ways. It is not usual that an h game will make the player think let alone think if very different ways.

Not only that but the contrast between the two could lend itself to some very funny memes. Just imagine Bad Luck Brian as Luka and the Overly Attatched Girlfriend as the white succubus.

So they are bot succubi?:p
I think in this case they would be succubots XD

3.50 star(s) 102 Votes