4.50 star(s) 16 Votes

Trapperxxk

Dec 22, 2020
To play normally (to make the game plays battle either see empty table), but Locale Emulator deosn't show when I am trying to start game with it. Any help? Also. autotranslated game doesn't start with LE

KitsuneZeta

Dec 12, 2020
Gadriel, question about your translation patch: Any chance you'll split the translations out into separate files?

As it is, I've split the translation file on my end out into a total of 24 files - One for each of the 16 Squeezers' dialogues and then 8 more to cover the rest - and it's not only working basically as expected, but when I see something that could probably be made better (e.g. in the "home menu", the one where among other things you select the deck you will be using, "Used Deck Selection" -> "Active Deck Selection"), I know exactly which file to open up to tweak it. And since I don't use the _AutoGeneratedTranslations file as part of this "patch," any "new" lines encountered just get slapped in there.

(Tangentially related as I was trying out various things: Anyone else not able to return cards revealed by Student Succubus to the top of the deck they're revealed from despite ability text saying you can? Regardless of if I hit Cancel or select the card and Accept, they're either sent to graveyard or brought into my hand, never returned face-up to deck. Also, the original text indicates whether the card is from your deck or the opponent's deck, but the translated text in Gadriel's patch doesn't for whatever reason. Tweaked that on my end)

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Gadriel, question about your translation patch: Any chance you'll split the translations out into separate files?

As it is, I've split the translation file on my end out into a total of 24 files - One for each of the 16 Squeezers' dialogues and then 8 more to cover the rest - and it's not only working basically as expected, but when I see something that could probably be made better (e.g. in the "home menu", the one where among other things you select the deck you will be using, "Used Deck Selection" -> "Active Deck Selection"), I know exactly which file to open up to tweak it. And since I don't use the _AutoGeneratedTranslations file as part of this "patch," any "new" lines encountered just get slapped in there.

(Tangentially related as I was trying out various things: Anyone else not able to return cards revealed by Student Succubus to the top of the deck they're revealed from despite ability text saying you can? Regardless of if I hit Cancel or select the card and Accept, they're either sent to graveyard or brought into my hand, never returned face-up to deck. Also, the original text indicates whether the card is from your deck or the opponent's deck, but the translated text in Gadriel's patch doesn't for whatever reason. Tweaked that on my end)
I am... unsure of how to do what you are suggesting. If taken at face value, putting each squeezer's dialogue in a separate file, I can't see it being very useful. There's a reason I sorted the files, you can just search //(Squeezername) to quickly jump to their section. I don't see the benefits of splitting them up, and can see downsides of having to open and close files when making adjustments to multiple sectors, like when a new update drops.

Agreed on Use Deck Selection. Fixed. Thought it was something else, and never looked up ever again.

Interesting find on Student, that's a bug that must've showed up at some point. She's supposed to return the card to the top of the deck if you cancel the draw, but looks like she just pitches it for lulz. That's probably worth a bug report to the dev, though her ability text doesn't specify what happens when you cancel, so the original behavior might've been the bug.

Dunno what you're talking about with the original text showing cards Student stole. The 'Stolen Card' tag shows up on cards she swipes perfectly fine, and I can't imagine how the translation would fuck with that...

Last edited:

KitsuneZeta

Dec 12, 2020
Dunno what you're talking about with the original text showing cards Student stole. The 'Stolen Card' tag shows up on cards she swipes perfectly fine, and I can't imagine how the translation would fuck with that...
It's at the prompt that shows the card revealed from the top of the target's deck.

From the translation file:
Code:
CPの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Do you want to add this card to your hand?
1Pの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Do you want to add this card to your hand?
CPの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Do you want to send this card to the graveyard?
1Pの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Do you want to send this card to the graveyard?
Notice how both pairs start with CP (Opponent) or 1P (You), which isn't reflected at all in the translation?

Comparison point of how I actually have those same lines adjusted on my end (and still sitting in a file called "Squeezer_StudentSuccubus.txt" if only because the text is specific to her ability... I probably should move that to my CardText.txt file, now that I think about it)
Code:
//Ability-specific text
//Seems bugged at the moment? Despite the option to "cancel", card is always drawn/sent to graveyard.
//With Equipped Fleshlight - Draw into hand
CPの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Drawing this <color%3D#ff9e00>Opponent's card</color> to your hand.
1Pの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Drawing this card to your hand.
//No Equipped Fleshlight - Send to graveyard
CPの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Sending this card to the opponent's graveyard.
1Pの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Sending this card to your graveyard.
(Yes, the adjusted text I'm using personally already accounts for that bug/discrepancy in behavior... which means if it gets fixed, the lines will have to get readjusted. I can live with that)

I am... unsure of how to do what you are suggesting. If taken at face value, putting each squeezer's dialogue in a separate file, I can't see it being very useful. There's a reason I sorted the files, you can just search //(Squeezername) to quickly jump to their section. I don't see the benefits of splitting them up, and can see downsides of having to open and close files when making adjustments to multiple sectors, like when a new update drops.
Eh, part of it is organizational (lines that I know belong in a certain context are in a file with a name relevant to that context), part of it is avoiding an issue that can pop up with some text/code editors when handling really long files (Fun fact: some of the source files for Liliths Throne are so long that they can in fact hardlock some code editors). Granted, Winmerge + keeping a previous version + some fairly quick searches against the original text in Atom [deprecated as that editor is, still works just fine for me] means it only takes 5 minutes or so to bring the changes over to my split files.

Speaking of some texts that could be changed, some stuff from the settings:
This is incorrectly labeled, though its purpose can be quickly figured out from trial/error and the "Random / 1P / CP" buttons next to it.
先行設定=First Turn

Kinda accurate as-is, but this refers to at what speed the H-scenes change from the "slow" animation/dialogue to the "fast" animation/dialogue. (elsewhere, I did adjust some other H-Scene setting translations to match this terminology as well, for consistency)
高速/低速\nアニメ切替閾値=Slow/Fast Threshold

This one's purely OCD: Line up the arrows. I know they probably didn't line up in the original Japanese, but I was able to get them lined up without adding any real confusion, so I'm keeping this one on my end. I've also got these color-coded on my end, though that part's just personal preference.
自搾精者→自分=Player Squeezer → You
相手搾精者→自分=Enemy Squeezer → You
自搾精者→相手=Player Squeezer → Opponent
相手搾精者→相手=Enemy Squeezer → Opponent

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
It's at the prompt that shows the card revealed from the top of the target's deck.

From the translation file:
Code:
CPの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Do you want to add this card to your hand?
1Pの山札のカードを手札に加えますか?=Do you want to add this card to your hand?
CPの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Do you want to send this card to the graveyard?
1Pの山札のカードを捨札に送りますか?=Do you want to send this card to the graveyard?
Notice how both pairs start with CP (Opponent) or 1P (You), which isn't reflected at all in the translation?
Riiight, I remember that. I figured there was no reason to distinguish the two, you had just targeted yourself or your opponent with Student's attack, it isn't unreasonable to ask the player to remember who they just targeted... unless they turned on that auto-target setting, ooh.
I agree with your assessment, added with minor edits.
Eh, part of it is organizational (lines that I know belong in a certain context are in a file with a name relevant to that context), part of it is avoiding an issue that can pop up with some text/code editors when handling really long files (Fun fact: some of the source files for Liliths Throne are so long that they can in fact hardlock some code editors). Granted, Winmerge + keeping a previous version + some fairly quick searches against the original text in Atom [deprecated as that editor is, still works just fine for me] means it only takes 5 minutes or so to bring the changes over to my split files.
I cannot imagine someone having a text editor so old it balks at 5K lines. Default notepad opens the thing in a few seconds, who would go out of their way for worse. Notepad++ is free.
I assume I could just take translation files, name them anything, and then as long as they're in the same folder, they get read? ...Still making things messier for poorly-tangible benefits. People already have to go check the changelog to see if I've updated, imagine having to figure out which files were updated. I'd go insane, if I was a user.
Speaking of some texts that could be changed, some stuff from the settings:
This is incorrectly labeled, though its purpose can be quickly figured out from trial/error and the "Random / 1P / CP" buttons next to it.
先行設定=First Turn

Kinda accurate as-is, but this refers to at what speed the H-scenes change from the "slow" animation/dialogue to the "fast" animation/dialogue. (elsewhere, I did adjust some other H-Scene setting translations to match this terminology as well, for consistency)
高速/低速\nアニメ切替閾値=Slow/Fast Threshold

This one's purely OCD: Line up the arrows. I know they probably didn't line up in the original Japanese, but I was able to get them lined up without adding any real confusion, so I'm keeping this one on my end. I've also got these color-coded on my end, though that part's just personal preference.
自搾精者→自分=Player Squeezer → You
相手搾精者→自分=Enemy Squeezer → You
自搾精者→相手=Player Squeezer → Opponent
相手搾精者→相手=Enemy Squeezer → Opponent
Right, that 'fixed squeezer amount' setting is a nightmare. Funny story, the '1P' and 'CP' entries are vanilla english. That's how it was meant to be read, by japanese players. I could 'probably' manually put in a setting to 'translate' those into their actual fractions... if I knew what they were, the menu screen hint for the setting is basically RAW because I don't understand it.
先行設定 RAW is 'Pre-Set', as in, 'Pre-Set amount of squeezers.' 'First Turn' would make it even harder to comprehend.

Agreed, Slow/Fast Threshold is much more accurate and looks much nicer. Implemented.

Agreed, me too. Implemented, but the 'you' are also changed to 'Player' for consistency.

KitsuneZeta

Dec 12, 2020
I assume I could just take translation files, name them anything, and then as long as they're in the same folder, they get read?
Correct. Even if you stick with just one file, you can name it, say, "ManualTranslation.txt" and it would still get parsed, and since AutoTranslator by default dumps lines it doesn't find and instead has machine-translated into _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt (see the config.ini file in the AutoTranslator folder, line 10), you can keep tabs on the _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt file to track down any "new" lines that just have machine translations.

The only thing I don't know offhand is which file would have "priority" in this situation. I would imagine "ManualTranslation.txt" would (since it's both not _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt and also second alphabetically), but I haven't tested for that yet. [edit: just checked, and yes, in this setup, "ManualTranslation.txt" would get priority and be used instead of whatever would be in _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt. So End User still doesn't have to mess with _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt in this setup]

Last edited:

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
Squeezer Tier List by scene quality (no order within tiers):
S: SoPS, Cheerleader, SoWaD
A+: Iron
A: Bunnygirl, Bloomer girl, Idol (anticipating the art reworks to be done well)
B+: Student
B: Nurse
B-: Dryad
C+: Heavenly
C: Nun
C-: Hungry
D: Club Pres
F: Marianela
Incomplete: Secretary (Potential to be at least an A tier though)

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Squeezer Tier List by scene quality (no order within tiers):
S: SoPS, Cheerleader, SoWaD
A+: Iron
A: Bunnygirl, Bloomer girl, Idol (anticipating the art reworks to be done well)
B+: Student
B: Nurse
B-: Dryad
C+: Heavenly
C: Nun
D: Club Pres
F: Marianela
Incomplete: Secretary (Potential to be at least an A tier though)
I love how the list just ignores hungry succubus. I too dislike her design and scenes quite a lot.

Gonna heavy disagree on Nurse being above dryad though.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
I love how the list just ignores hungry succubus. I too dislike her design and scenes quite a lot.

Gonna heavy disagree on Nurse being above dryad though.
I forgot to include her but she'd be C+ or C
actually I'm just gonna put her in C straight up

actually fuckit C-
I feel like Nurse was just straight drawn better and if dryad got a redraw she'd be A- tier

4.50 star(s) 16 Votes