Others Succubus Slavery [v0.0.0.9] [St4rl1ght]

How should the save mechanic work?

• Rogue-like (one save file, autoloaded, save requires saving from menu, one save slot)

Votes: 82 15.0%
  • Ironman (autosave, one save file, autoloaded)

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Generic RPG (multi save slot, save and load from menu, no autosave)

Votes: 445 81.7%
  • Something else (write please)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Note: (Can't edit earlier), For rogue-like and ironman the save-file is lost on death

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters

blufalcon

Dec 14, 2018
Looks like it has potential!

Image 1 showcases that you have placed objects (trees, rocks, stone structures) layered above the player character. As walking towards them from the bottom causes the player sprite to display below them.

Image 2 just showcases that there's an opening on both sides of the house on the corners of where the side walls and the front facing wall should connect.

The sprite for the female looks nice but it doesn't match the sprite resolution of everything else (player character, environment).

Still, moving around works fine... though if I'm pressing up/down for dialogue options, it also moves the player character as well as the dialogue choice.

Good luck with the project though! I'm a succubus fanatic so I'll be watching

Reactions: st4rl1ght

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Finished adding toggleable state for scenes, adding back button to menu and will finish implementing CGhandler

setting_toggle.png

Looks like it has potential!

Image 1 showcases that you have placed objects (trees, rocks, stone structures) layered above the player character. As walking towards them from the bottom causes the player sprite to display below them.

Image 2 just showcases that there's an opening on both sides of the house on the corners of where the side walls and the front facing wall should connect.

The sprite for the female looks nice but it doesn't match the sprite resolution of everything else (player character, environment).

Still, moving around works fine... though if I'm pressing up/down for dialogue options, it also moves the player character as well as the dialogue choice.

Good luck with the project though! I'm a succubus fanatic so I'll be watching
Ty for feedback, I'm planning on fixing this stuff and yes the sprite resolution of the succubus isn't ideal, the house will be redesigned soon

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Got the basics of the CI/CD setup
Need to debug why builds aren't completing, seems like there's errors in the game itself, not ci/cd. and also add integration testing

May 16, 2020
What should i do after taik to the girl?She told me to pick the ivy ,i go to the chest and she say some unknown word?

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
The CG handler begins.
cg-handler.png

The CG handler handles a real cg
real-cg.png

What should i do after taik to the girl?She told me to pick the ivy ,i go to the chest and she say some unknown word?
Not yet implemented, sorry. You are following the intended main story line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowsette s slave

Iloveyouall

Dec 26, 2019
if I can offer some feedback to a developer and my own thoughts I love to succubus setting and want this game to be great, few things I think of the game though, art style for character clashes hard with girls and needs to be higher res, and there shouldn't be a huge focus on whatever fetish is requested but the game should have fetishes that you enjoy or think add to the game's setting (in response to the fart requests), if that's your thing that's cool and go for it but just don't try and please everyone

Reactions: st4rl1ght

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Today's log (sadly v0.0.0.2 not ready for release tonight)
X Added basic CG handler and made basic CGs
X Added basic pause menu
X Added content toggle menu and state
X Setup basics of CI / CD, tabled magiccode and switch to local
X Fixed menus not placed correctly
X Implemented half of level switcher (StageManager)

Tomorrow
X Finish new StageManager
X Finish debugging CG and menu
X Quick integrative debug
X Release version 0.0.0.2

X Add second map
X Finish main plot transition
- Fix CG handler screen resolution
- Finish adding audio
- Begin adding sidequest 1 of first level
X Add state to succubus 1

st4rl1ght
will your game have barefoot trample in it?
Yes

will this game have fighting systems? I truly hope not
I don't plan on adding an extensive combat system because I don't think the fighter genre is very erotic. I also think too many Western games are overly violent and not very creative. More likely there is a health mechanic where you can get hurt but it's not like StreetFighter. I think resource management like FemU Zero or Harshville is a lot more consistent with erotic mental space than a fighting game. The goal is suspense which I think is best presented with the puzzle and exploration genre.

if I can offer some feedback to a developer and my own thoughts I love to succubus setting and want this game to be great, few things I think of the game though, art style for character clashes hard with girls and needs to be higher res, and there shouldn't be a huge focus on whatever fetish is requested but the game should have fetishes that you enjoy or think add to the game's setting (in response to the fart requests), if that's your thing that's cool and go for it but just don't try and please everyone
Yeah, the resolution / art style of the sprites is inconsistent. Most likely the player and succubus sprites will be replaced in the near future. I need to hire an artist most likely, and should do that soon since the turnaround might take a while. Are you worried about the CGs vs the sprites?

For fetish content, my plan is to try to present it in more of a female way, meaning less of a fixation on specific things for sexual gratification but rather focus on the context and implicit communication of what the fetish represents (such as humiliation, low social rank, etc) for an erotic atmosphere.

Last edited:

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Uploaded v0.0.0.2
- Added basic CG handler and made basic CGs
- Added basic pause menu
- Added content toggle menu and state, content toggle for ecchi
- Centered Menus
- Added state to first NPC

Known bug where dialogue options are still available during menu pause

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Planning to switch to a simple procedural generation for levels, there's a way to do it in about 5 lines of code
Will likely keep first level as-is for right now until get the hang of setting the algorithms, next level can start with procedural generation algorithm. Not sure how I should keep main plot or even if I should keep the main plot (where to put the key NPCs in a procedurally generated world?) rather than just have it sort of a layered sandbox. Will keep level 1 manually / statically defined and will probably try different things in different levels to get playtest feedback before revising level 1

I feel like I'd like to design levels so that exploration of a finite procedurally generated world is necessary to find key NPCs
I'd like to do infinite procedural generation but I'm not sure how to avoid the player getting completely lost and missing the key NPC
Perhaps some kind of world markers

To keep stuff simple I'll probably start out with a simple algorithm with a finite small map that needs exploring to find the key NPC, then later on when the kinks and loading / saving transitions are ironed out can switch to a infinite map size with finite chunking

Overworld of each level more like RPG style and dungeons are roguelike (softlock / enslavement gameovers possible)

Last edited:

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
v0.0.0.2-3 finished, added stagemanager and map switching

Procedural generation begins for map2 :cool:
map2-procedural-generation.png
proc-generate-2.png

Last edited:

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Uploaded v0.0.0.2-5
X Add StageManager (map/level switcher)
X Add Map Procedural Generator
X Add Second Map
X Add Narrative Switch to Second Map

TODO:
Audio
- Fix background music
- Add basic sound effects (walking, giggling)
- Brainstorm map2 specific biomes

* MapGenerator:
- BiomeSpecifier - specify biomes when calling MapGenerator
- SpawnNPC Class - specify objects/NPCs that can be spawned. This class is called in biome defining, can be a resource for BiomeSpecifier as a BiomeObject
- HumiliationCG: Resource Object (type of humiliation scene/personality/trope), resource for NpcSpawner
- FemdomTasks: Resource for NpcSpawner for Succubus / Hell denizen NPCS: write procedural femdom tasks script (find, do), resource for NpcSpawner

Mechanics
- Brainstorm femdom task functionalities/mechanics (hard to move around, succubus steps on you, drop items % etc)
- Procedural gen of humiliation maps (recursion)

Last edited:

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Progress being made on the NpcSpawner class, trying to figure out where to get a wordslist of female demon names and how to import it into the dictionary. readline() should work but need to figure out where to get the right .txt file, might need to make it, will ask The Eye

coding-spawner.png
Going to see if I can add a local language model to the game, it would be a lot faster than writing dialogue for all these differences, can prompt with the above parameters instead and store dialogue memory as hashmap. Goal is to have a local language model server running inside the game (probably needs about 1-3GB of ram) and then pass dialogue parameters in as API calls to localhost. With optimization of rest of the game shouldn't be too heavy, preloading should prevent delay. Dialogue may be kind of shitty until I get it finetuned

Setup local file storage, setup model downloader. Added UI elements to manage those large assets. Also have an option to run the game without downloading or using the text LLM model but that will reduce dialogue available. In the future, I think it makes sense to have an option to generate CGs from RunDiffusion free API in the bg for preloading availability ingame

Edit: Will use W++ since can just pass the key values

Last edited:
Reactions: Qibirimbur

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
v0.0.0.3-5 release

Audio
- added music tracks to menu and lvl 1
- added sound effects (non-dialogue) - menus, ambient, player

NPCs
- NPCSpawn class created (not yet implemented)

Dialogue
- Started Dialogue LLM Runner (not yet implemented)

Game Assets
- Added game large assets and LLM downloader

Menu
- Enlarged menu
- Added two play options

TODO
- Add UI Notification for when models finished download (when playing game without models, have option to download the LLM in the background since it takes a long time) - consider if I want any HUD
- Add text model process
- Connect NPCSpawn API to text model process
- Memory for text model proccess
- Game save and game memory
- NPCSpawn algorithm with tileset

Dialogue and CGs
- Switch model to Pgmalion6B, add Kobold.cpp localhost REST api startup, handling for different agent (windows vs linux)
- Add instruction mode middleware and add world trigger words dictionary
- Finish adding correct CG size
- understand dialogue codebase, change fonts, Side of dialogue pictures
- integrate signals with dialogue
- don't have player movable during dialogue

Map
- Tilemap terrain autogen with buildings (succubus houses)
- Additional biomes for level 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Qibirimbur

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Shitty day and not in a good way. And programming the download manager and Kobold++ runtime environment is action packed, as you can imagine.