Others - Succubus Stories [v0.14.3] [Outsider Artisan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Hargan2

[Reviewed @ version 0.14.2]

I genuinely love this game. Yes, it's definitely pretty grindy. Yes, the sex scenes *do* get repetitive after a while. But in all honesty, I never felt bored, even after doing the same sex minigame for the thousandth time. Though I did start making use of the option to just skip the minigame on occasion. Once you get past the early game, there's a lot of mechanics and content that make it significantly less grindy, as you get skills that massively increase your ability to gather materials.

There's a massive wealth of content here, for a lot of different fetishes. Pregnancy/breeding, watersports, cum-play, free use, etc. Most fetishes can be disabled/ignored, though sometimes that amounts to just blanking out the text rather than actually having it not happen. So that can be a little immersion-hampering.

The story was/is surprisingly good. It can be a little unimaginative at times and I more or less saw the twist coming, but even so it's very well-written and I found it to be pretty compelling. I'm looking forward to finding out how it ends, which already puts it above most games I've played. There's supposed to be a bunch of different endings depending on player choices, personally I'm hoping for an "the MC stays a Demon and remains a super-slut" ending but that's just me.

All in all, this game, to me, is a rare gem. It hits all the right spots for me, and I've genuinely enjoyed my time with it. With SS approaching its end, I only hope Hex, the dev's next game, is as good!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Pervtron3000

Succubus Stories is a rare gem of a game that lets the player truly revel in all there is to love about raunchy male sexuality. It does so for the women in the game as well, but it is a rare game that goes as far as Succubus Stories does in catering to man-eating cumsluts like myself.
    If you like this game I also recommend Tales of Androgyny. Another game that gets downright obscene and raunchy in its man-eating debauchery.
    5/5++ would cum again
  3. 2.00 star(s)

dinodick

Disabling watersports only hides the text, it's an integral part of the mechanics and gets referenced everywhere. If you're into girls getting covered in semen and piss, this game is probably great for you. If you aren't, skip it.
    Sex scenes really repetitive, making them longer to score more ingredients just made them more annoying.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Succubus Stories is a time management style game where you play as a succubus and fuck your way to wealth, fame, and revenge.

It does a large amount of things very well. There's good art, a variety of different types of scenes and a big focus on exhibitionism. I can't help but appreciate a sex game that doesn't waffle about as to the purity or enthusiasm of the female lead. Our girl is an unrepentant whore, literally and figuratively, and it's great.

However, I feel like I want to like this game more than I do. While the concept is nice and the sex scenes are decent, things get repetitive pretty quickly. Making money isn't interesting or useful, so it's up to the story and gameplay to keep things interesting and unfortunately they don't.

The game has a story, but it's pretty uninteresting. The characters aren't compelling and the things the main character does don't feel important even to her. Things happen seemingly just to give the player something to do.

As for the gameplay, the time management doesn't matter as there's no time limit. It's a scaffold for gameplay, but is functionally irrelevant. Other than that, there's a sort of sex combat for the (many) prostitution sequences, but it's very shallow. I think the different actions you can take apply different values to the MCs and her target's pleasure bar, but the amounts seem to have such an RNG component that at times I doubt it. It's a cool idea in theory but falls pretty flat in practice.

Overall, I wish Succubus stories had more depth to it. If the gameplay were more interesting or the story were more compelling, it would be fantastic. Instead, it's a game with nice art and an interesting concept that gets old quickly.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Derebor

Great art and just the content that I like. Rating mostly for potential that the game has. Didn't see any bugs, was a smooth ride overall, but art can get a bit repetetive sometimes, would love more variety.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v0.11.1

A really good text based game with quite a bit of art, yet the main problem personally was the grindy nature of this game. Skill points are given only through sexual actions, so most of the time i just quickly skipped through the game with little to no though.

Fun but very grindy game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

layer1avn

Reviewed version: 0.11.1

Ever wanted to be an oil baron but with human fluids instead of black gold? Need someone to wash those nasty cum socks stashed in your pillowcase so you can finally sleep on a soft pillow? Annoyed by friends and relatives who grab skis and head to the dock the second you mention watersports? Need your pipes cleaned but can't afford a plumber?

Paige has a solution for all these problems and more! As the main character in this innocent little tale, she works her ass off in a literal sense to keep the plot flowing smoothly or chunkily, using potions, guile and all her major orifices. It's a story of betrayal, revenge and redemption that brings delight to an entire town, bandit camp, witches coven and guardhouse. Heck, even back alley walls don't stand a chance against her charms, the bathrooms in the lords' manors are sparkling clean and the piss trough never overflows.

She can even create a form of liquid flex tape. What's not to like about this game?
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Nemo8526

Grindy.
    Clean UI
    I did not enjoy the gameplay.
    Reducing sex to point and click with a bar graphic takes all the fun out of it.
    Renders are OK but without background which makes them oddly sterile.
    At the end of the day, the author omits most of the things I enjoy in a game, and includes quite a few of the things I don't.
    Can't recommend.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

qwerr23

Super solid text based game with lots of content. You can block anything you dont want to see via the settings too which was helpful.

The writing is actually very good and engaging for a story about a succubus, though 3d models leave a bit to be desire. Cant complain too much as they arent the focus of the game though.

Giving 5 stars because the UI design, branching choices and general quality all around deserves some attention.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

GoldenRetriever123

Version: v0.8.1

A pretty solid game, the sex scenes are real good in their writing and artstyle. The story is enjoyable but in this game its not really the main focus of it. Managing your day and actions is pretty fun but it gets boring after awhile. If you want to have fun and without the need to put a lot of focus id say this game is a pretty good candidate.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kodex

One of the best text-based games on the site.
    Comes with a large variety of kinks covered, an actual plot and the promise to increase in scale in the future.
    I have absolutely nothing to complain about except that I want MORE.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

iwbtg9554

Honestly, I was hoping for more than what I got from this game. I felt like there just really wasn't that much meaty content outside of the occasional random encounter. I enjoyed some bits but the 3d renders just didn't give me enough enjoyment to stay invested.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ara77

I'm not really a big fan of text bases adult games. I actually only looked in here because of the fetishes.
    But hey it's fun, I like the fetishes and it's well told. I like to see more of it.
    I would appreciate a few more pictures :)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

notagain1234

Fantastically smutty, and also well written, hits the exhibitionism fetish for me. Definitely worth the playthrough, it might also be right up your alley. Dev frequently updates, and there is already a good 3 hours of content.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

falcazoid

0.4.2 Review.
    Played through the content there is right now. And i can say that it's a decent text based game. There is a couple of quests and the sandbox content there is, is in my opinion well written.
    I will say the unlock system, to unlock new moves when doing prostitution, gets a bit repetitive, but the grind isn't so bad that it put me off. So all in all it was a satisfying gameplay loop i enjoyed and the sexy payoff was there quite early, which i personally enjoyed.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Qaeron

Version: v0.2.1
    Length: 3-5 hours
    The best: never a dull moment: stat management for a 'cum vampire' interwoven with nice pieces of story
    The worst: little content (so far), some UI glitches

Summary: An open-world fantasy romp with constant juggling of stats and inventory.

Story: an accidental cum vampire works towards her revenge, doing sub-quests in the interim. Nicely written, mostly error-free. Sub-quests integrate into the open world and have permanent consequences.

Gameplay: 'driving miss Crazy' - management of a number of parameters (Sims-style) - like cum-thirst, horniness, etc. - by whoring and advancing the story/sidequests. The MC acquires various Fallout-style perks at a brisk rate, altering the mechanics (of sex scenes, mostly). Upgradeable XP-based skills mostly reduce the burden of stat maintenance - which is most welcome.

The main activity is whoring, where the MC performs various actions to get the johns off. The activity features small pieces of descriptive text, extensible/unlockable actions, and, unfortunately, unstable button locations on screen due to text height changes

The stats can be further altered by a decent implementation of an alchemy subsystem; unfortunately, the alterations don't have a large impact yet - due to early stage of game development. The potions can, however, be sold - even though whoring is more profitable and more fun

A rare courtesy: the game deigns to inform when the content is exhausted!

XXX content: during sex scenes: some Daz 3D renders partially covered with text. The overlay complicates the reading of smut and enhances the quality of said smut - all at the same time.

Sex scene descriptions are erotic, pushing towards the over-the-top / cheesy vibe.

Engine: some HTML/Twine derivative (?); fluid UI, rich-formatted text.