RPGM Succum Brewery [v0.3.4] [LimeJuiceGames]

4.60 star(s) 100 Votes

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
I got some wallets early in the game, but I can't seem to get any more (completed all upgrades until the arcade upgrade thing that requires access to sewers). Need these to get access to sewers.

SgtCrise

Oct 31, 2017
I got some wallets early in the game, but I can't seem to get any more (completed all upgrades until the arcade upgrade thing that requires access to sewers). Need these to get access to sewers.
Buy katana from a store, give it to fedora chud to get magic trick and pickpocket skills. Wallets sometimes get left on the counter after the shift, but the most consistent way is through the bar minigame - distract with magic trick, then pickpocket.

Jaam

Nov 28, 2017
I located the sewers with 17g scanner, but how do i actually get there? I think there was a line to talk to someone but ive talked to everyone and nothing happens.

LimeJuiceGames

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2022
Well okay, after going through the .27 content, I got some thoughts about pacing. Obviously, spoilers ahead.

First up, body shots - at this point in progression, Catherine works mostly topless and gets groped routinely. Yet the body shot is just her placing a shot in her cleavage - with her breasts covered. She doesn't even seem to get groped. What I'm saying that at this point it's really tame. Also there is real incentive for it, it just happens. Previously the loop was that Catherine got corrupted during training and then figured a skill on her own - usually through some sort of intro. Now, it's obvious that intro can't happen during bartending mini-game, but there were events for it, before or after. But that's not really a big deal - like I said, it's a tame skill, it's just a bit abrupt and comes in way too late.

Now for tips and special service - whoo boy. First up, tip jar - this is a big thing to do. Yes, she did it in private once, but she did a shitton of things in private. Going public was always a critical step, a turning point of Catherine struggling to contain her own desires - that is such a powerful tool for an erotic scene. Feel free to disagree, but IMO the best scenes in the game are when Catherine caves in to her urges - like the perfectly crafted shot glass scene. And now we just have her taking shots in public like it's nothing. Feels like a step is missing for sure. There is a potential there for a scene where the tip jar is in play and after the shift ends, there is a little scene where Catherine eyes it, can't take it anymore and downs it while the chuds are watching. Another point of no-return, then it goes straight into the routine, of course.

This goes doubly so for special service - that one really comes out of nowhere. Yeah, at this point training is getting kinda insane, but physical contact on chads performed by Catherine was not a thing at all in the story. Throwing it away like that feels like a massive waste. Again, some buildup feels missing, via a post bar-session event or otherwise. I feel like whatever gloryhole setup is going on at the building behind Alexa needs to come before going all out in public like that. That would bridge the private and public parts of it with the "everybody knows who's doing it, but pretends not to" kinda narrative.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know this is all in development, subject to change and all that good jazz. Plus, comissioning art is an obvious expense. All that being said, as it is right now, the patch feels like a drop in narrative quality and build-up, while it was fucking amazing in previous patches. Still an amazing game and I wish the dev all the best.
First, some of the art got confused this update so we will do some fixes in the next update to make her topless in these scenes.
Second, the pacing is off, but that is just a matter of running out of time. I plan on doing all kinds of revisions as time goes on to make sure to fill in the "between" scenes to make sure the corruption keeps the right tone. I'll add in a scene for this specific break point in the next update that will happen right after that training. But, in general, while I try to keep the pacing in the order the player will experience it in the final version of the game I also want to make sure new art comes out and new scenes are developed with each update. Still, it's good to know where people find transitions jarring. I won't always know because I don't get to experience the story from the player's perspective.
the brewing system is weird tbh
Honestly I'm not happy with the entire brewing system. I'm always open to make changes as the game goes on. I'm more of a writer than I am a developer. I plan on looking at the brewing system and try to make it more interactive and less of what it is right now.

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
Honestly I'm not happy with the entire brewing system. I'm always open to make changes as the game goes on. I'm more of a writer than I am a developer. I plan on looking at the brewing system and try to make it more interactive and less of what it is right now.
I feel it add excess complexity to the game needing to figure out brewing paramaters when instead you could just have the player focus on having the right ingredients and staying ontop of rebrew/restocking. Probably best to keep it simple or it just becomes stressful on the player.

bKohime2

Nov 2, 2018
Alexa is such a fucking little shit goblin and I love her.

Adding to the brewery discussion, I aggree I'm not really a fan either and after figuring out that finding all three perfect values just streamlines it I savescummed for every drink afterwards to get the perfect values from the start. I'd say the biggest problem with it is that there's a very long time between entering the numbers and being able to try again as you have to wait an entire brew cycle for that, which point you likely forgot what you entered. IMO it'd be fine if brewing would just go without the whole number thing from the start.

And the Tip Jar is is just really strong with how much it heals both energy and shift. I was able to practically get an infinite cycle with alternating Tip Jar/Masturbate, using Flirt and Small Talk inbetween, never running out of shift until I decided to move on.

Reactions: Yonilicious

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Is there any plans for a bad end, where you try to get Catherine off the roof, but she's caught, and more mind controlled by IO and serves the bar and customers with her mind permanently altered against her will?
Such a scenario fits right with the mind control theme in my honest opinion.
Thanks!

SgtCrise

Oct 31, 2017
I plan on doing all kinds of revisions as time goes on to make sure to fill in the "between" scenes to make sure the corruption keeps the right tone.
That's great to hear, that's what I was suspecting as well. There is nothing wrong in making content "out of order" as long as it works for you and pans out at the end. Keep it up, this is quickly shaping up into one of the best fem protag games on the market.

Two cents on brewing. The most important part of the whole system is player agency in what to brew and when to invest into more vats. This works well and no changes are needed there. The figuring out perfect mix part is tricky. It can potentially hamstring a playthrough if someone doesn't get the system early on and doesn't instantly start working on figuring out perfect recipes - which if you run the numbers takes anywhere from 1 to 3 attempts with the current hint system. Or people can just look the recipe up on the internet. Imo, scrapping the mix part altogether would be the best move.

And on the subject Kohime mentioned is that with this patch, we can roll the barkeeping pretty much indefinetly. New skills are very powerful and combined with old skills just do not seem to allow for the shift time to go down. I can see a few solutions to this, in order from easiest to hardest to implement. You could just hard cap the max shift time - there's limited time in a day anyway. You could tone down the bonuses those skills provide. Or you could implement diminishing returns for all of the skills, which put a soft limit on shift length and scale up into late game. This becomes really important around this point, as anyone who reached sewer access part of narrative is likely floating in money to the point where shifts are only done to advance the time of day. This is understandable of course, economy balancing should be left to late stages of development with slight touches here and there.

annam

Apr 13, 2017
Does anyone know which Js to edit to reduce cooldowns and add more charges to the special service skill?

TeoHaubica

Sep 5, 2018
Really loving the game
Extra points for Dwarf Fortress reference (y)

I understand this is a work in progress and i am not trying to sound like a git...
The balance of skills is off atm, it is currently irrelevant since to my understanding there is no more content after unlocking the last set of skills. Just something to consider for future updates, to potentially tweak it a bit.
It is possible to have almost endless shifts, with how much stamina and shift time drinking the tip glass restores for instance. Which in turn makes "battles" long enough for her to become horny many times extending it further and it can go on for a very long time. Had a shift of almost 2k credits and that is after i got bored and started resting just to end it
Again, just something to consider rebalancing for the future. Not telling you how to make a game, just an observation

That being said, keep up the great work. Looking forward to future updates

An Anon Anon

Mar 5, 2018
Lovely stuff. As Crise said, the brewing system is a bit off and a bit more transitory scenes to extend her descent into depravity would be welcome. On the whole though, this is a very well put together game, and I really enjoyed my time playing it.

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
Love the new scenes. I like that the game focuses on cum eating and I hope there will be many more scenes in that direction.

Brewing is just trial and error.... Try a random brew and then either add / substract heat / yeast / speed until you have the perfect mix and the brewing works automatically. If you dislike brewing just use the cheat... allthough honestly. The addition of new drinks adds nothing you need to progress. You just get more money.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadishahEmperor
4.60 star(s) 100 Votes