VN - Others - Completed - SugarKiss! [Final] [Hachimitsu]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DeedleConcord

Reviewing final version as of post date.
    This is a simple kinetic novel of two people bonding over their love of games, each other, and cigarettes. And when I say kinetic novel and two people, I mean it. Only one choice in the game (whether a certain sex scene ends in creampie or pullout) and the sole LI is the only person actually ever shown on screen. I liked it though, not least because I have a smoking fetish. So you may want to subtract a star or four depending how much antipathy you have towards cigarettes.
    I'm not really good with paragraph based reviews, so I'm just going to hit some bullet points:
    1: The translation is actually decent. The overview and dev notes are Engrish, but the actual game is perfectly readable. The translation leaves Yuki's name as kanji a couple times, and I noticed how often the term "secret spot" is used, but it's readable. I think most of the "errors" are cultural issues, not really translation issues.
    2: Yuki holds a cigarette quite often, and her and MC talk about cigarettes often, but there's more to the game than that, and there isn't any smoking sex or anything weird like that. Take that as a plus or minus as you will.
    3: The sex scenes are quite varied, if vanilla (which is fine by me). Each individual scene is just one or *maybe* two drawings with different facial expressions super-imposed, but the sex acts happening differ enough to keep it somewhat interesting.
    Overall, this was a short but sweet experience.