Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Blob

May 7, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Would be nice to have a more accurate description of what the different routes actually do. Like who is domming whom in the Dual Dominance route/submission route, what's the difference between Dominance Redemption and Dominance Bliss route etc...

Also I can't even get to this screen ingame on a fresh install+fresh save. When I click the pathfinder button I get this crash:

edit: quoted wrong picture

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Would be nice to have a more accurate description of what the different routes actually do. Like who is domming whom in the Dual Dominance route/submission route, what's the difference between Dominance Redemption and Dominance Bliss route etc...

Also I can't even get to this screen ingame on a fresh install+fresh save. When I click the pathfinder button I get this crash:

edit: quoted wrong picture
1) That's the dev's screen, not mine bud.
2) Please see post here regarding the exception error (the info is in the OP too).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2402419
What's up with the /? And is sSisLove the SisSubLove path?
That's one of the "minor" issues I've sorted in the ChoiceGuide (pending the soon maintenance update). This is why I created a temp hotfilx file for folks with the crashes so I can finish the ChoiceGuide text bugs and only push out one full maintenance update instead of two. But yes, I saw that too. Thanks for the heads-up though... that particular choice kills the SisLove AND the CassieLove paths. The text bug is because the ChoiceGuide wasn't handling the guide and the character renaming code together properly. It's been sorted though... the pending maint update will be clean.

Blob

May 7, 2017
1) That's the dev's screen, not mine bud.
Dunno how difficult it would be, but maybe consider fixing/improving this with the mod to make it more accurate? After all what good does a route guide do if the player doesn't even understand what the different routes are.

2) Please see post here regarding the exception error (the info is in the OP too).
thanks that fixed it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dunno how difficult it would be, but maybe consider fixing/improving this with the mod to make it more accurate? After all what good does a route guide do if the player doesn't even understand what the different routes are.
I hear ya bud, truly. The dev is being vague intentionally of course. This is due to having 18 "paths" for only 3 LI's. It's overload, I get it. Remember that he just now introduced all these "features" and my initial goal was to simply get them to work alongside SanchoMod, not change them yet. So, your request is not only under advisement but also already possibly slated... it just wasn't on the agenda to get the initial coding combinations together (40+ hrs of me updating a "reduex" at it's current stage is more than enough for now). My fear is that he'll change things again for v0.6.3+ so I'd really like to see the next "real" update before I spend a ton of time changing his "walkthrough" as I'm time better spent refining my own (imho).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Blob

I'll be more clear as to why I haven't spent anytime "modifying" the dev's "pathing walkthrough". IMHO it's not really thorough nor correct. Here's an example involving Kelly where I clearly have her path selected and "Beacons" On:
1676838315565.png

And the first key choice for initiating her path has no "beacon" or otherwise noting it:
1676838391767.png

So, I'd rather spend the time to broaden my own guide to include more detailed pathing than to spend the time reworking someone else's guide. Make sense?

Here's one regarding "Inklings" where the player is led to believe they'll get a scene by simply having Cassie's affection over 25 but in reality, during this playthrough there is no additional scene since it also requires the player to have kissed her previously, not shaken Luke's hand, etc.
1676839094826.png

Last edited:

Blob

May 7, 2017
Blob

I'll be more clear as to why I haven't spent anytime "modifying" the dev's "pathing walkthrough". IMHO it's not really thorough nor correct. Here's an example involving Kelly where I clearly have her path selected and "Beacons" On:
View attachment 2402457

And the first key choice for initiating her path has no "beacon" or otherwise noting it:
View attachment 2402462

So, I'd rather spend the time to broaden my own guide to include more detailed pathing than to spend the time reworking someone else's guide. Make sense?
Sure but what I meant wasn't really about specific choices in the walkthrough but about the general description of the different routes.
Like I want to pick the route that appeals to me the most before starting the game.
But I can't because all it says is "You made a mistake. Dominance and Submission Affinity"
Like wtf does that even mean.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sure but what I meant wasn't really about specific choices in the walkthrough but about the general description of the different routes.
Like I want to pick the route that appeals to me the most before starting the game.
But I can't because all it says is "You made a mistake. Dominance and Submission Affinity"
Like wtf does that even mean.
Yeah, DuoDom is an odd path and wonky to get. I remember the player must NOT have SisLove or DualLove paths already, but must have SisHardSub and CassieDom paths. It's awarded at near the beginning of Day6 when the player can then choose (because of the prerequisites): "Listen, I can't deny I crossed a line..."

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 GOAT always quick to update gg wp man appreciate it (y)
I wish I could take the compliment but at this very moment folks are having to play the mod with a hotfix until I get a full mod revision up. I'm still working on overhauling more bits of the ChoiceGuide since I'm just not happy with the "Beacon" thingamabob and trying to put more pathing info into my guide. Kelly's path is all fucked up in the "Lighthouse Mode"... so many choices that will kill her route but the "Beacons" don't do anything for her path until Day5 when much is too late, etc.

Anyway, if you didn't also install the hotfix, do that bud... the info is directly above the mod's DL links in the OP along with some posts on this page and the previous with some details.

Kind regards.

Reactions: kktcross

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
I wish I could take the compliment but at this very moment folks are having to play the mod with a hotfix until I get a full mod revision up. I'm still working on overhauling more bits of the ChoiceGuide since I'm just not happy with the "Beacon" thingamabob and trying to put more pathing info into my guide. Kelly's path is all fucked up in the "Lighthouse Mode"... so many choices that will kill her route but the "Beacons" don't do anything for her path until Day5 when much is too late, etc.

Anyway, if you didn't also install the hotfix, do that bud... the info is directly above the mod's DL links in the OP along with some posts on this page and the previous with some details.

Kind regards.
man you are too hard on your self updating mods for not only one game but multiple as soon as they come out you trully are great moder and i am always happy when i see your mod on any game i play becouse i know it will work as it should take care and rest dont burn out ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
man you are too hard on your self updating mods for not only one game but multiple as soon as they come out you trully are great moder and i am always happy when i see your mod on any game i play becouse i know it will work as it should take care and rest dont burn out ;)
Thank you brother. I have a very solid record of bulletproof releases and but can't count this particular update and this one is just pissing me off... it's just so much work for a dev's "reduex" but it is what it is. I should have held the releaser off one more day so I could have caught the cheevo/pathfinder issues. I felt bad about having the releaser wait as long as they did on my account though, this update has well over 40hrs invested in it which is more than double my usual. But yeah, I'm fine... will be especially in a few more minutes as it'll be about whiskey-thirty by my clock.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While finishing the pending maintenance update something just donned on me - I bet I know exactly where one of the "mysterious" paths is going to take place:
1676850449359.png

You maybe have noticed this stat in the SanchoStats:
1676850588506.png

My gut is telling me that the 2 possible "Mention" points will be relevant to one of the mysteries... just opinion of course but it makes sense after thinking about it. Without the ChoiceGuide the player would not really ever know anything about the two possible choices so it stands to reason that they could be in play later. It's one of the few variables in the entire VN that is an integer (besides Relp obviously). There's bound to be a reason so I'm tagging both "Mention" choices in the guide edits, for example:
1676851016410.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2402741

Looks like your iPtach missed this... thought I'd let you know
Well, I can modify the third-party patch a bit more I guess... I didn't really intend to take it over since someone else has been updating it but that particular phrase has been "missed" since the dawn of that "patch". It's correct in CassieLove but wrong in CassieDom. I'll sort it and make a note in the patch file so I know I'm going to be the one that has to keep correcting that one bit. Regards.

Edit: Since the sentence is correct in one path and not the other within the original VN scripts, I'll make the change in the scripts directly as it really has nothing to do with the ipatch but the VN directly. It's not the first thing I've sorted in the VN so it'll be much easier to maintain this going forward. This fix will be included in the pending mod maintenance update later this evening.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Well, I can modify the third-party patch a bit more I guess... I didn't really intend to take it over since someone else has been updating it but that particular phrase has been "missed" since the dawn of that "patch". It's correct in CassieLove but wrong in CassieDom. I'll sort it and make a note in the patch file so I know I'm going to be the one that has to keep correcting that one bit. Regards.

Edit: Since the sentence is correct in one path and not the other within the original VN scripts, I'll make the change in the scripts directly as it really has nothing to do with the ipatch but the VN directly. It's not the first thing I've sorted in the VN so it'll be much easier to maintain this going forward. This fix will be included in the pending mod maintenance update later this evening.
Well, we can always count on Sancho getting the job done where others fail ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, we can always count on Sancho getting the job done where others fail ;)
Honestly the "minor details" have always been a thing but they are always a rabbit hole, ain't it? With every VN I usually have to physically stop myself from the constant refinement and finally push updates out or they'd never get released. The major coding isn't ever the hard part for me... it's all the hundreds if not thousands of details whether it be dialogue/text I personally introduce or UI and it's exact placement, etc. It's a vicious cycle but I reckon that's always been the point of the mod... to make whatever VN it's on to (hopefully) be better represented/refined.

I appreciate everyone's patience while I've been prepping this maintenance update all day... there's so many little things I'm catching now that I didn't the past few days. At least the hotfix seems to be working for the time being. I'll remind folks to remove it after I push the update live but it shouldn't harm a thing if it's missed by folks.

Thank you for the moral support bud, I didn't really have the intention of working on this VN for yet another day so I needed the boost. Regards.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes