Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I just hope it isn't DnD again at least not yet. While I wasn't a fan of the DnD part in this game compared to other AVN's that have it be nice to have a bit of content with her before the next DnD session. Cause as of right now I have no interest one way or another with her unlike some of the other LI that have as much or less content than her Nadia for example.
totally agree, I replayed the game a few times, watched the DnD stuff once and that's it, I always skip that part, it just doesn't do anything for me. Waste of renders if you ask me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
totally agree, I replayed the game a few times, watched the DnD stuff once and that's it, I always skip that part, it just doesn't do anything for me. Waste of renders if you ask me.
yeah typically I never use control skip unless im playing more than one path a time and only on content I seen but on replays that is something I always control skip now. Tho I probably will replay it one more time when it comes out on Steam to see if there was anything new added to it.

Reactions: vi_surzhikov

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Especially considering that it is on Bella’s path, if you kiss her, Sasha will say in the event with handcuffs that he may have deserved punishment. Considering the possibility that Summer may be alive, wait for the opportunity to see Nika, then in the eyes of Sasha, who is completely such for eternal love, romantic books and so on, Nika committed a mortal sin for not waiting. True, this contrasts somewhat with the fact that Sasha herself is a love interest.

Honestly, the darkest part of the story. There are some inconsistencies. He tells Amber that after Summer’s disappearance, Nami warmed up and they became closer, but in a conversation with Niya there is the opposite information. In general, there are some inaccuracies between Amber’s story, conversations with Nami and Niya.

Nami is generally a dark horse. At Victoria's house, he practically says that Nami is completely to blame for his condition, stopping in time and saying *partially*. But I am tormented by vague doubts about Summer herself. On the one hand, a lot indicates that Summer is a completely different person. This is why Nia’s flashback was so important, despite people’s protests, that such information should not be on separate paths. It was Nya who fully established that Summer at least lived and was a separate person, and not an alter ego or anything else. However, I am still tormented by vague doubts about some unclear dialogues in the scene on the lake (Chapter 4), which may be greatly rethought with the new chapters and Nami’s words in chapter 5, on her path, when she says that if everything goes to dust, Raven Nika and Phoenix Nami are gone.

And also a great way to show the difference between her and Holgerson. Elsa, who has not seen Nika for eons and clearly has something to ask and tell, greets rather tactfully and then takes her leave. And an old dick who interferes like a donkey, without manners or decency.
Some good points, especially the romantic Sasha angle.

Ocean once used the example of Robin/Sasha approaching Nika in the gym to explain that females who interact with the MC aren't necessarily interested in him per se. In the gym example, they supposedly approach the MC because of Bella. Yet, many players, myself included, get this gut feeling that Sasha somehow has an unexplained interest in the MC because either her or her cohorts always seem to be around Nika when he is in need or starts to wig out. Is this just coincidental or is there some hidden agenda in play?

I like the fact that Ocean introduces the concept of the unreliable narrator. Nika only told Bella a superficial account of what went down with Summer.

1. Nika also knows Bella secretly reads Amber's therapy notes (I recall him thinking about bullshitting Amber just to fux with Bella when she reads the notes, but I'm not sure if that's still in the reworked game).

2. Nika made a pact with Nami to keep an aspect of their past hidden.

For both these reasons, Nika didn't tell Amber the whole truth in their therapy sessions.

I am still trying to understand if Summer's disappearance, whatever went down between Nika and Nami, and the time Nika ended up in hospital are a single event or a series of separate events. So far, there's just not enough information to reach a conclusion.

Nika still attended High School after Summer disappeared, although he was a changed person - antisocial, sullen, and withdrawn. He got into fights to "protect" popular Nami from boys. At some stage there was the violent incident. At some stage again (seemingly well after Summer's disappearance five years from the present), Nika became so withdrawn, he rarely left the house for a year before the present time.

Part of Nika's current condition may have resulted from events not directly related Summer's disappearance. A lot depends on how reliable he's been as a narrator (especially with Amber).

-MC to Amber:
"In high school... everyday. I was the.. weird kid. I didn't talk.. I never laughed.. I was stone cold. I am still.. repulsed by any sort of.. emotion.. but in high school it was on a different level. At first I was just silent... I didn't care what the others said, and I never paid attention to them. I was trapped in my thoughts. It was only words... They didn't attack me physically... As we grew older... Nami became popular. She was the cool red head... Almost everyone liked her.. Especially other guys. We were very close. After the thing with Su-m.. After Summer's disappearance.. Nami and I got very close.. She took pity on me and got very protective. ... People always acted... And I emphasize 'acted' nice towards me. I went from being 'trapped in my thoughts' to observing. I started to study the people around me.. Not because I was interested in them.. but because I wanted to protect Nami at all cost. She always had guys at her feet, and they tried to date her and so on. But I knew that they just saw her as a trophy. I did.. manipulate certain events, yes. She still thinks I never gave a damn about her in high school. I was very distant to her... but I was pulling strings in the background. I was just getting bored so instead of manipulating them from the shadows I turned to a more direct approach. I told them fuck off and leave her alone."
-Amber to MC:
"And this resulted in years of fighting?"
-MC:
"Correct."
- Nia to MC:
"I remember you because you always got into fights."
-MC to Bella:
"Back in high school I used to get into a lot of fights... Like- *sigh* I would be lying if I said that I was completely innocent. At first people used to pick on me because I was so quiet and always buried in my thoughts.. and then I started to pick on them."
-Nami to MC (about Aqualia Hospital):
"You were here before. The uuuh - Violent incident."
-MC to Nami:
"I have to- yeah, I have to break our deal. The... The deal we made a long time ago. I lied to Amber... You are... You are partly responsible for the way I am. Nami... Try to understand that these things don't just vanish... They still affect me... They're a reason for my lack of impulse control. And I get the feeling, that all you do is an overcompensation... To make up for-"

So, I don't know if the "something" Nami did to affect Nika relates to Summer's disappearance, the later fights in High School, or something else altogether.

Nami seemingly had a crush on Nika.

Nika acted distant toward her in High School (contradicting Nika saying the became very close in the same dialogue).

Did Nami try to make Nika jealous, leading to a fight and the violent incident? Who knows? It's just one of many possible angles...

Last edited:

codex35

Jan 10, 2019
The problem with whiners is that they can't understand that SG is a product of Ocean. Maybe they are very young, I don't know, but they don't understand what business is. Ocean made a choice with steam. If you don't like it then don't buy his product. What's the point of crying here?

Kaka86161

May 23, 2023
The problem with SG not being released yet is because there are sycophants like you!
Dude, do you want attention? the game of OCEAN is not the only one to be analyzed Before being released, Steam receives an average of more than 40 new games every day.

Try to imagine a long line of people, where you are the last in line waiting for your turn.

Reactions: codex35

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
Dude, do you want attention? the game of OCEAN is not the only one to be analyzed Before being released, Steam receives an average of more than 40 new games every day.

Try to imagine a long line of people, where you are the last in line waiting for your turn.
Didn't you realize that my point is not the delay in Steam, but rather that Ocean chose to wait for Steam instead of releasing it on epic, gog or for patreons? Again ''I DON'T CARE ABOUT STEAM''

miojow

Apr 23, 2020
I know this is not the the best place to ask or the right thread, but you guys any other games like summer's gone? This is my favorite VN by far but i never found any other game like this, with such amount of focus on character built and storytelling. The closer one that i've played was Intertwined.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
but i like to think i´m all the Mcs of the games i play, one of the things i love about SG is the inmersive world, this help me to be more inmersed in the game...

I like to think about this like a roleplay, devs give us a character and we can dive in it and act how we think the Mc would react (like i´m doing in SG) or try to change his personality and choose like you would do it if you were the Mc.
Much easier to do with an MC that has a clean slate. The player is being thrown into "the MCs" shoes. You aren't the MC, you didn't lose Summer. You don't have Flashbacks of her, the MC does.

Roleplaying is fine, when you're making up the role. Immersive world? I wasn't immersed. You are speaking about how you feel and how you felt about the world while playing. I don't understand why people speak about things like that's how it is. It is that way for you and whoever else feels the same.

Dev didn't really give us a character we can do whatever with. If you are the MC, why are you diving in and "acting how the MC would react" or try to change "his" personality.

See? even you see the MC as "MC" and not him as yourself. Ocean is the one controlling shit. Took away awesome choices that fit the MC. That stupid teacher pulled the gun out at him, why not shoot the fucking bitch for that? his life is in danger (not knowing if there's a bullet in the chamber and I know, this scene is gone)

The world is dark and not covered in rainbows. Oh, the story has an emotional MC, he's edgy, emo etc. Everyone is emotional. Some just show it more than others. Some people have to scare off others just to be left alone. Don't be quick to judge someone when you don't even know the person, truly.

If I am the MC of whatever game I am playing, I want to have full control or close to it. Give me some sweet choices and not just (yes, no? this girl, that girl?) there's grey+ options/choices. Life isn't just black and white. If I want to be left alone, give me the options for it. If I want to finish a game without fucking once, let me finish without fucking.

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
I know this is not the the best place to ask or the right thread, but you guys any other games like summer's gone? This is my favorite VN by far but i never found any other game like this, with such amount of focus on character built and storytelling. The closer one that i've played was Intertwined.
Dreamland, Lust of Pain, Growing Thing's Up, Chasing Sunsets, On My Way Home, Fresh Women, Nephilim

They're great, you'll finish them all and SG won't leave

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
Much easier to do with an MC that has a clean slate. The player is being thrown into "the MCs" shoes. You aren't the MC, you didn't lose Summer. You don't have Flashbacks of her, the MC does.

Roleplaying is fine, when you're making up the role. Immersive world? I wasn't immersed. You are speaking about how you feel and how you felt about the world while playing. I don't understand why people speak about things like that's how it is. It is that way for you and whoever else feels the same.

Dev didn't really give us a character we can do whatever with. If you are the MC, why are you diving in and "acting how the MC would react" or try to change "his" personality.

See? even you see the MC as "MC" and not him as yourself. Ocean is the one controlling shit. Took away awesome choices that fit the MC. That stupid teacher pulled the gun out at him, why not shoot the fucking bitch for that? his life is in danger (not knowing if there's a bullet in the chamber)

The world is dark and not covered in rainbows. Oh, the story has an emotional MC, he's edgy, emo etc. Everyone is emotional. Some just show it more than others. Some people have to scare off others just to be left alone. Don't be quick to judge someone when you don't even know the person, truly.

If I am the MC of whatever game I am playing, I want to have full control or close to it. Give me some sweet choices and not just (yes, no? this girl, that girl?) there's grey+ options/choices. Life isn't just black and white. If I want to be left alone, give me the options for it. If I want to finish a game without fucking once, let me finish without fucking.
You always say the most useless shit no one cares about.

4.40 star(s) 480 Votes